Team-BHP - How about Safari Dicor 2.2 LX 4x4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   How about Safari Dicor 2.2 LX 4x4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/49127-how-about-safari-dicor-2-2-lx-4x4.html)

Dear BHPians,

Why do you think Tata Motors has no 4x4 available in LX variant?

I (surely most of you as well) would definitely like to buy Safari with 4x4 option, as this would let me use the SUV up to it's limits both on and off the road, but the mammoth price difference of ~ INR 250K between LX & EX 4x4 variants uproots my plans.

Is it possible to get LX (2WD) loaded with 4WD mechanism?

Tata Motors: If you are hearing, then do something about this. This will increase the sale of Safari IMO.

Cheers!!! :)

Tanveer, JKDas, Dadu, Pavan Kadam, Anup Mathur.......

Where are you guys? I haven't received any response to my post.

Has the same been discussed in some other thread?

i was once told at a TASS that it can be done in 1 L+ Rs but i never liked the idea of such drastic retrofits and i know for sure it will lead to unreliablity

and this was just an idea,nobody at TASS had any experience in doing this.

so my advice,forget about it

If u get LX with 4*4 with a 2.2 engine, what difference remains between LX, EX and VX except cosmetics!!

There has to be an edge right for Tata to push people for an higher end model.

Thas why LX in 2.2 no more has 4*4. Moreover with 3L they found out that for a LX with 4*4, they could rather get a 4*2 EX and thus there was a customer confusion. Thats why they dont offer 4*4 in LX anymore....

I don't buy that logic.
For the price of EX 4x4 you can get VX 4x2, so there will be confusion still.
My guess is that Tata does not want to sell to many 4x4s

IMO, apart from the existing variants TATA should offer a loadup options for all variants at a cost and on a waiting period.

This is to cater to customers who want specific options, be it 4x4 or ABS or Airbags.

We need not go anywhere, if we take a survey among TBHPians regarding willingness to own a Safari 4x4 (LX for that matter) at a lesser price, I am damn sure a lot of us would take it first hand.

We do not by an SUV for it's cosmetics but for it's go anywhere abilities!

Dadu rightly suggested that all variants should be available with customization option.

When I bought the Safari EX 4x4, the GM sales tried for 3-5 days on the phone to dissuade me.
During delivery I spoke to him, and he told me that earlier(3.0 days) Tata used to give them some 3-4 safari 4x4 every month, and they had to sell those.
So they used to try and convince customers to buy 4x4, and even the discount for 4x4 was more.
Lately when tata stopped doing that, they hardly get any customers for 4x4, and all of them got convinced that they do not need 4x4 after heavy pushing by the dealership.
So after almost a year, ours was the first 4x4 being delivered by that dealership, and waiting period was around 4 weeks.
I am wondering why is Tata not keen to sell 4x4.
For example my 4x4 was in the warehouse for 2 months(its a May 08 build according to chasis number code).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1057447)
When I bought the Safari EX 4x4, the GM sales tried for 3-5 days on the phone to dissuade me.
During delivery I spoke to him, and he told me that earlier(3.0 days) Tata used to give them some 3-4 safari 4x4 every month, and they had to sell those.
So they used to try and convince customers to buy 4x4, and even the discount for 4x4 was more.
Lately when tata stopped doing that, they hardly get any customers for 4x4, and all of them got convinced that they do not need 4x4 after heavy pushing by the dealership.
So after almost a year, ours was the first 4x4 being delivered by that dealership, and waiting period was around 4 weeks.
I am wondering why is Tata not keen to sell 4x4.
For example my 4x4 was in the warehouse for 2 months(its a May 08 build according to chasis number code).

I believe the push needs to come from TML. A dealer will always try (typical mentality) to sell whatever is readily available with him at the moment.
Does (Safari's) 4x4 system go haywire after some time? Is this the reason behind TML discouraging (or rather not encouraging) 4x4 sales? As in such a scenario A.S.S. might be a real headache for TML.

Is it possible and recommended to get an existing 4x2 upgraded to 4x4?

Don even think of the option of getting a 2WD from Tata and getting it upgraded to 4WD as after market accessory.

The Tata 4WD already i think is complicated than the others and now adding it to a vehicle as addon will complicate things more