Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:49   #91
BHPian

So now ford is finally ready to gearing on for firing sales chart

But IMHO, they should not name this Car as Fiesta/New Fiesta, rather they can use SPLASH which they have already registered this name.

Regards,
Camon
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:51   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the new Fiesta doesnt look like a major upgrade atleast in bettering its existing looks. It looks like inspired by various other cars and front looks so much like the new verna

The side profile indeed is like the Linea and the boot with its high placement looks like that of a Manza.

To me it looks like a re-hash of several car. I still like the existing look of the Fiesta.
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:16   #93
BANNED

is it just me? or the car resembles a bit of Mazda6. just saying, but i seriously think this will a scorcher if they can move up that JD Power CSI rankings.

Old 2nd November 2010, 21:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, the new Fiesta doesnt look like a major upgrade atleast in bettering its existing looks. It looks like inspired by various other cars and front looks so much like the new verna

The side profile indeed is like the Linea and the boot with its high placement looks like that of a Manza.

To me it looks like a re-hash of several car. I still like the existing look of the Fiesta.
The new fiesta sedan is just a variation of the new fiesta hatch. I am not sure if ford is going to launch the hatch as well. IMO it is a good strategy to launch the hatch and sedan so that the hatch would compete with the premium hatches like i20, fabia and the like and the sedan could compete with the current competition. However unless they put good amount of discounts on the current fiesta sedan it may not be worthwhile continue selling it.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:03   #95
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 4th November 2010 at 11:29.
hianooo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camon View Post

But IMHO, they should not name this Car as Fiesta/New Fiesta, rather they can use SPLASH which they have already registered this name.

Regards,
Camon
You've just written something , thats been in my mind for days . THUMBS UP for putting it down !
Really , when FORD has the rights to use SPLASH , they should go forward and name the sedan as splash
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

The rear quarter side profile is not really so well designed. The hatch looks fine but IMHO in the sedan it looks like a bad integration job. The front looks fine but Ford should have made a better effort for the rear quarter. Its just looks too rear heavy like the Manza.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:02   #98
BHPian

The whole "funda" of adding a boot to a hatch is to share as many parts as possible and hence keep costs low. Simple economics of scale.

But, it just doesn't make sense to just launch the sedan, which is actually a hatch+boot and not launch the hatch. Especially when part sharing is something like Vista-Manza, Swift-Dzire, etc.

I think FORD would launch the hatch as it makes absolute sense in three ways. First, the incremental cost of launching the hatch would be minimal. Second, it would give them one more product in their portfolio. Third, it would sell. If Honda can manage to sell Jazz (though only 500 odd units) for 7 lacs, why can't Ford sell this stunning hatch with brilliant interiors for that price.

People managing FORD would have to be dumb if they don't get this.
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslambhai View Post
why can't Ford sell this stunning hatch with brilliant interiors for that price.

People managing FORD would have to be dumb if they don't get this.
Aslam Bhai,

If you watched carefully 5-6 years ago, FORD should have launched the Figo kind of hatchback models. Figo is nothing but a boot cut of Ford Ikon.

But now I personally feel that even if they launch the New Fiesta hatchback, it will not impact the sales of premium hatch like i20 rather it could eat ford figo shares in the market.

Regards,
Camon
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camon View Post
Aslam Bhai,

If you watched carefully 5-6 years ago, FORD should have launched the Figo kind of hatchback models. Figo is nothing but a boot cut of Ford Ikon.

But now I personally feel that even if they launch the New Fiesta hatchback, it will not impact the sales of premium hatch like i20 rather it could eat ford figo shares in the market.

Regards,
Camon
Over the last few years I have never seen a good selling car get affected by a new launch. Most of new launches end up creating a segment for themselves. Similarly fiesta hatch / sedan may sell well but not necessarily affect figo and i20 both of which sell in good numbers.
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:34   #101
Senior - BHPian

Looks good and looks bigger. Hope they give it a bigger oil burning engine. Looks like a Linea from side and mix of Honda & others from other angles.

Hope they really price it good and not kill the market they made up with the current Fiesta/Figo. IMHO, the only serious competition is the Vento.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:23   #102
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if i like the external looks of the sedan, although the hatch looks killer! Interiors seem to be a step up from the current version.

With this release, would the current Fiesta be moved to the entry level sedan segment, replacing the Ikon?
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:31   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
although the hatch looks killer!
More than killer looks I call it funky! How different does it look compared i20?! All belong to same category of looks.

Regarding sedan, I feel the Fiesta will look good in real. I feel its not photogenic!
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:32   #104
BHPian

This car is a looker..

Liked from the moment I saw it on the print.

Surprised to see so many fellow BHPians not liking the styling. Anyways, all the fingers are not alike.

Now, if only Ford prices this beauty right....
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Not sure if i like the external looks of the sedan, although the hatch looks killer! Interiors seem to be a step up from the current version.

With this release, would the current Fiesta be moved to the entry level sedan segment, replacing the Ikon?
Guess so Benny and I guess, will be the best thing to do; let current Fiesta & Figo be sold with the current engines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed