Team-BHP - Hyundai Tucson launched at 14.3 Lacs!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Tucson launched at 14.3 Lacs! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4917-hyundai-tucson-launched-14-3-lacs.html)

Hyundai appears to have been over confident with the pricing : 14.3 Lacs ex-showroom Delhi!

Expected fare here with a 2 liter CRDi and the "torqur on demand" 4x4 gear.

Source : Rediff Article

GTO

After the sucess of Santro and Accent, something has gone into Mr Subbu's head me thinks. They way they posistion their products and price it don't seem to be proper.

Maybe bcas hyundai made their foray with a small car, the name Hyundai will always be associated with cheap cars. And that seriously spoils their luxury products. And of course their design too. Sonata is ok but the Elentra???

I have driven a tereccan. it was good. Have to see how the tuscan performs and more importantly how it looks in person!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

Hyundai appears to have been over confident with the pricing : 14.3 Lacs ex-showroom Delhi!

Source : Rediff Article

GTO

They can always bring it down which "reintroduction", "introductory pricing" etc.

its a good vehicle but the price is a little high. IMHO i think the price range of 11-12lacs would be ideal...cos compared to this rather by the CRV which is around 14.7 ex-factory

Quote:

They can always bring it down which
Yup, they sure can. We've seen it happen to all their models. Just makes you wonder, how much does it really cost to make these cars?

They also need to put a leash on their adverts. Legend of the Tucson they say!! Since when did ads turn into folk tales?

Shan2nu

heres what they'll do: the people who desperatley want one will get it at the presetn high price. 6 months down the line, they will slap some extra body cladding on to it , lower the price by a lakh, and make it look like an absolute bargain.

Quote:

They can always bring it down which "reintroduction", "introductory pricing" etc.
True, but introduction pricing is generally lower (the carrot). Once the product sets a base, then it is brought up to realistic levels.

Bringing down the price within months of an introduction kills the brand. And thats something that Hyundai wouldnt want in the premium segment.

GTO

true...normally low prices are introduced so as to make an entry in the market. but lookin at terracan...they had a second version with some more goodies at a cheaper price!!!

Woah, the price seems to be be high by a couple or more lakhs..
Wonder if it'l have buyers as per their expectations.. Only time will tell....
But the CRDi sure is one good engine..

Offering discounts for a car never works fine unless its maybe 10 or 15k at the max. But then the company offers the discounts only when the sales start slowing down. egg or chicken first story i think.

IMHO Hyundai has already destroyed the brand image of sonata by offering such huge discounts. it makes a car look cheap. Same with the petrol elentra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

Too bloody expensive. Asked my dealer to return the Rs.50,000 deposit I had put up with him for the Tucson - I'd wanted to pick up one from the first lot if the price was Rs.10 Lakhs +/- 1 lakh.

Bye Tucson.

hey Steer
maybe you shouldnt have put up that deposit.. probably Hyundai had a few more deposits that made their heads swell up (enough to think that people are falling over themselves to buy this car) so that they can price it astronomically lol:
cheers

Quote:

Asked my dealer to return the Rs.50,000 deposit I had put up with him for the Tucson
You put a deposit on a car that wasnt launched yet? It was never going to be a mass seller so wait period would have been typical of the D segment anyways

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
You put a deposit on a car that wasnt launched yet? It was never going to be a mass seller so wait period would have been typical of the D segment anyways

GTO

Well, I'd driven the Tucson abroad and liked it very much so when the dealer told me about the launch I'd left a deposit with him (last November) since I know them very well and they offered a good price for my current Accent.

I've been in the market for a good diesel which could be sent out on private trips to known individuals and companies. The requirement was for something more comfortable AND luxurious than the Qualis. The Safari would've fit the bill perfectly except for the anaemic engine, and so when I heard of the Tucson launch I put the money down for it.

I've asked him to refund it, which I will collect on my next trip home.

PS: GT - the deposit was not put in to beat any waiting period. I live out of the country most of the time so I'd left the registration and other processes to the dealer, subject to the price condition of course.

I had an email from him this monday giving me an indicative price of 14 lakhs plus, and I told him to take a walk. I'd rather import a Tucson from DXB - if I can get a Mondeo for the equivalent of 4.6 lakhs then I'm sure I can get a good price on the Tucson too.