Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2005, 17:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
You cant take anything for granted in the Indian market. Maruti says that its going to be priced at 4.5 lacs. You can count on it being 5 lacs plus on the road.

Premium hatch. Premium pricing. No diesel option. Remind anyone of the Getz?

GTO
i totally agree with GTO here...Maruti is travelling on the same path Hyundai once did and failed with the getz.
there was a huge hype by hormazd sorabhjee on the CNBC Auto Show that the Swift would be launched "under 4 Lakhs"....well with today's news of 4.5+, all the dreams are thrashed....but it was a good car nonetheless...
only depends upon how good maruti prices it.
Old 8th April 2005, 17:59   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
are they planing to launch the 1.6 , 100 bhp version in india ???
A mechanic in Mandovi told me that this will come after a year.
Old 9th April 2005, 00:03   #33
BHPian

i will make it short and sweet .. i am buying this car ... i think its pretty good.. was waiting fer a nice car i think this is perfect fer my sis
Old 9th April 2005, 13:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec
Has to be.. after all hyundias are best at doing that.. i mean copying.
On the other hand, the Swift does look like a copied version of the Toyota XA/RunX in itself....

But yes, Hyundai makes it obvious that they're stuck for design ideas.
Old 10th April 2005, 21:26   #35
BHPian

im waiting for the swift. i think the car will out do the getz and other cars in the same segment. and afterall its maruti guys!!!
Old 10th April 2005, 23:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

I'm really fond of the Swift. Very contemporary looking car, especially those high doors, and smallish windows.I am hoping it would handle well too. And the right JTD engine and it would be an absolute stonker. Shame they should launch a Petrol engined version by itself. Would have made much better economic sense in India and Europe too.
Old 10th April 2005, 23:38   #37
BHPian

Well , seems like whole india is going gaga over swift . Very rightly so , it seems to be a very promising car . Lets wait and watch what price tag maruti comes out with .
Old 11th April 2005, 02:17   #38
BHPian

Aaah! Finally Maruti's getting in a new car. Love the styling with the blacked out A-pillars and chic interiors. Seems the premium compact segment war is hotting up. But the fact remains that many people will be wary of shelling out 4-5 lakhs on a hatch when you can get a three-box for the same money, which amounts to 'more prestige'. Then they start comparing it with the smaller Zens and Santros, and start complaining of poor mileage. What many folks do not understand is that while these cars might be a bit more thirsty, they're heavier and are better on the ride and safety aspect. And finally, hope that Maruti doesnt decide to drop some weedy engine into the bay! 16" rims and fatter rubber and Porsche silver for mine. A freeflow would sort out the power deficiency problems.

Manti.
Old 11th April 2005, 09:43   #39
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt MUL will be able to price the Swift less than 4.5 lakhs. More than that and it will be treading on the Esteem's territory. Anyways the Esteem is a flop now. Coming back to the Swift. It looks good and with the Esteems 1.3 engine it'll definitely perform well. But the car is too small. Atleast thats what it looks like in the pics. Its too low too. Not like the Getz where you sit high up. I doubt it'll be as comfy as the Getz.
Old 13th April 2005, 17:24   #40
AGP
BHPian

I read in an AutoCAR magazine, Kerb weight of Swift 1.3 petrol will be 980 kg.. compared to getz 1030 kg ...seems ok yaar litle more than esteem but give a solid safety feels...
Old 13th April 2005, 18:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I doubt MUL will be able to price the Swift less than 4.5 lakhs. More than that and it will be treading on the Esteem's territory. Anyways the Esteem is a flop now. Coming back to the Swift. It looks good and with the Esteems 1.3 engine it'll definitely perform well. But the car is too small. Atleast thats what it looks like in the pics. Its too low too. Not like the Getz where you sit high up. I doubt it'll be as comfy as the Getz.

talk abt going into esteem's category...look at this pic...guess what was swift a decade ago...

i hope maruti doesnt make a mistake this time around..
Old 13th April 2005, 18:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
After a long time a car is coming from the Maruti stable which is completely new. Man was I bored of those facelifts..!!

Dippy
check out www.mini.com.. loved the car chase in The Italian Job
Old 21st April 2005, 00:20   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just came in via a good contacts email box : The Swift is supposedly being readied for launch this end - May...latest by June.

GTO
Old 21st April 2005, 10:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Just came in via a good contacts email box : The Swift is supposedly being readied for launch this end - May...latest by June.

GTO
I thought they had already announced May 19th as the release date. I remember seeing it in the Economic Times a few days back....
Old 21st April 2005, 14:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

had gone to saboo rks , (maruti dealer,an maruti dealer in hyd), day before with my friend as he wanted to pick up a baleno.

when i asked abt swift he was like it would launched in a month and above maruti esteem, also they might reduce the prices of esteem.

true??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks