Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 21:23   #31
BHPian

Also, I just hate the Chevy Spark's and the Indica Vista's centrally mounted speedo/tacho. Who would want to glance away from the road just to have a look at the tacho?
Old 21st November 2008, 21:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Agree. Have you seen the Palio dash when it is lit?

Looks majestic.
I still remember people sitting in the rear seat would comment saying that it looks more like a cockpit of an aircraft when the Palio dash is lit in the night.

regards

Vaseem
Old 21st November 2008, 21:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Omni, M 800, Amby, Most of the M&Ms etc with boring, cheap plastics!
Old 21st November 2008, 21:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Omni, Ambassador, 800, WagonR, Safari.
Alto dashboard is good for that price.

Although i10 dash is of good quality, its simply toooo much beige. Just because people love beige here in India, doesn't mean that you put beige everywhere. Its like, just because salt enhance the taste, you cannot eat salt!
How I wish i10 had all black interiors. Atleast the Sportz version.

I personally didn't the Palio dash too. Too high. While driving, feels like dashboard is there till your nose.

Swift, well thought out, but could have been softer.

A-star could have been beautiful if they had beige or even black instead of that dull grey .

Estilo interiors look okay from a distance, but are of very poor quality.

Lets see what Splash and i20 do. I really liked the i20 interior pics posted here on t-bhp. All black, good looking.
Old 21st November 2008, 22:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Also, I just hate the Chevy Spark's and the Indica Vista's centrally mounted speedo/tacho. Who would want to glance away from the road just to have a look at the tacho?
Judging by your display pic i guess you own a swift, so tell me how do you look at its speedo/tacho, dont you look away from the road to look down at it?
Old 21st November 2008, 22:26   #36
BHPian

I agree, the alto's dash is very good at that price point . But what i really dont like is that Maruti has used the same knobs, buttons etc. in in wagon r, even the estilo (the rest of the dash is good but it gets the same buttons)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i am surprised how u voted for alto. i think alto dash is a revolution over the awkward 800 and at a price so low the finish and quality of the material used in dash is awesome. 5 years and the plastic hasnt faded or scratched at all. very simple and basic that accommodates everything
Old 21st November 2008, 23:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I dont see there is any problem with the centrally mounted speedo. I am already done 6000 Kms, and not even once felt wrong with the same.
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:04   #38
BHPian

The Scorpio has a really sad dash.
The swift's is poorly designed, sitting in the passenger seat, the glove box doesnt open.

Whats wrong with the M800 and alto's dash ? they work fine, and are budget cars, whats the point in making it look like soemthing it isn't, for me the M800's dash was fine, perfect for use, never gave any problems unlike the swift.
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:20   #39
BHPian

Pre 1998 Esteem's Dash are pathetic.
Is it possible to covert it into Type 2 or Type 3?
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
There are no issues centrally mounted speed. Trust me, because I have driven around 10,000 Kms in a Spark.

--Wind
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

love: the indica turbo's instrument console. VDO tach is sexy, and so is the overall design.
hate the other side. a perfectly useless recess. one hard cornering, and the curve on the dash aims the stuff correctly out of the window. my cellphones had a lot of damage thatway. its a good thing its an 1100
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:56   #42
BHPian

Well Somehow I really Find Palio's Dash very Cosy cosy types, But I just hate the new palio's beige color scheme. It looks yucky.

Hate the Matte Wood on new Gets. What the hell. Though am in love with its dash. Feels like a skoda.

Basically I hate Round round dash(I10, Innova, verna) and love straight dashes(getz, skoda, accord). Am i the only one who thinks in this term or are there more stupid asses like me??

By the way I somehow Find I10 and Innova's dash similar? What say?
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Worst dashboards from a manufacturer have to be from the Tata family - the Indica/Go (V1/V2) has the worst dashboards among cars, and the Sumo had a lousy piece of plastic that served as a dash too. Even the Safari has a pretty boring dash despite being more functional.

But on the other hand you have Mahindra that still serves up metal dashboards with 1960s meters in this day as well as the Scorpio dash which looks vague at best. Not to forget the Logan which comes from the same stable even if it were originally designed by Romanians.

Also hate the Ikon, Palio and Sonata dashboards. Amongst discontinued models the Amby ISZ, Contessa, Armada and 118NE dashboards were really pathetic.
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Worst dashboards from a manufacturer have to be from the Tata family, Mahindra, Palio and Sonata dashboards. Amongst discontinued models the Amby ISZ, Contessa, Armada and 118NE dashboards were really pathetic.
Seriously, I really hate all these absolutely rubbish. Afterall we pay a good price and get dashboards made of plastic of the lowest quality!

The worst IMO is the Palio/Petra for the price we pay!
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:53   #45
BANNED

Rank wise, here goes

1. Daewoo Cielo
2. Any TATA except Safari
3. Hyundai Verna
4. Toyota Corolla 2004-2007
5. Mitsubishi Pajero

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks