Team-BHP - The Worst Dashboard of all Indian Cars?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Worst Dashboard of all Indian Cars? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/49390-worst-dashboard-all-indian-cars.html)

Was just musing, amongst the current crop of cars, which dashboard design do you absolutely HATE the most and why?

Parameters which can be considered...

a. Plastics - Texture/Colour(s)
b. Reflection of the sun on the windshield
c. Storage - Glove Box, nooks and crannies
d. Ergonomic design of switches (HVAC, Boot/Hood Release etc.), AC Vents
e. Integration with the Instrument Cluster
f. Integration with ICE
g. Beauty!

I one design I hate: Palio

hi

Kindly add Maruti Omni & Gypsy to the list

Amit

Ford Ikon
Fiat Siena / Palio
San Storm
Contessa
M-800
M.Versa
H.Verna
M.Cedia

For me like Ramie mentioned : Ford Ikon and Fiat Palio/ Siena / Petra.

Hyundai Verna has a very uninspiring dash for a 7-8 lac rupee car.
And same is the case with 5lac rupee U-VA!

This ques will also need to be answered with the price perspective in mind.

for me its Safari and Scorpio Dash, it doesn't worth the price they are asking for these beast.

I would rate Logan, Omni and Maruti 800.

How can you leave out my Grand Old Ambassador? That was one of the most innovative dash ever.
a. Plastics - None. It was made of metal.
b. Reflection of the sun on the windshield - None
c. Storage - Glove Box, nooks and crannies - Quite good but the glove box used to be in the remotest corner that one could find in the car. I used to almost lie flat in my car to access it while sitting on driver's side.
d. Ergonomic design of switches (HVAC, Boot/Hood Release etc.), AC Vents - No AC, so no issues. However there used to be a cluster of switches which used to make it look like U were operating a plane & not a car! However finding those switches in DARK were a real challenge.
e. Integration with the Instrument Cluster - None. The instruments was just thrown all around. Where there was a Hole there was a meter (No Pun intended).
f. Integration with ICE - Horrible. The poor stereo (casette player) used to be on a system where-by you could simply remove off the complete player & take it home. Disadvantage of this system - If you forgot to tremove it for some reason one day, probability was some one else would have removed it in the night.
g. Beauty - Oh! In those days anything functional was beautiful, dash included.

Omni, Maruti 800, alto, wagon r.

The Swift.

Very bland.

For the price at which it sells at the 800 has a decent dash-but thats not the case with the Logan,Ikon,Endeavor,Pajero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 1062437)
Was just musing, amongst the current crop of cars, which dashboard design do you absolutely HATE the most and why?

Parameters which can be considered...

a. Plastics - Texture/Colour(s)
b. Reflection of the sun on the windshield
d. Ergonomic design of switches (HVAC, Boot/Hood Release etc.), AC Vents
e. Integration with the Instrument Cluster
f. Integration with ICE
g. Beauty!

I one design I hate: Palio

In this area, i would say WagonR dashboard is great, if not best. There is space for everything and everywhere you can think of, for holding CDs, Idols, Mobiles, Bottles, RCs, Cans, and what nots!
If only the plastic quality was better. :Frustrati

Worst ?
I would say apart from the beige colour it has to be the i10. Lots of beige reflection on windscreen, sloping dashboard which can't hold anything, and very few cubbyholes that too very small.

Palio dashboard is still somewhat sporty, with central console tilted towards the driver.

Logan tops my list, followed by the ugly speedo console in the Indica that juts out. Vista however, has a clean dash.
Verna and Sonata Embera also have ugly dashboards (both resemble each other).

Of the ones that are from the new era:
1. Ikon
2. Swift

IMO,

1. Palio [sad outdated dash on such a wonderful car]
2. Indica [hate the way the speedo/tacho IP console just raises up from the dash, like a wave... Yuk! I owned one btw]