Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:19   #226
BHPian

If it is really postponed, that is it. I'm going to stop talking about Fiat anymore. I'm embarrassed to talk about its launches and cars any more, even to my wife. Better for me not to talk about such an uncertain company and product.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:25   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Nothing wrong with the decision if it's true. Right now everyone is focussed on the terror attack. Even I have been focussing on the terror update thread on this forum in the past few days. I think Fiat feels, and rightly so, that with all the focus on the terror attack and it's aftermath, a car launch wouldn't get too much attention in the media. For once, I think they have a point.
I agree with you on this one. It is a good idea to delay the launch by about 2-3 weeks at this point of time.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:34   #228
BHPian

I think delaying of the launch won't affect the final result in terms of launch , provided they stick to January at least. Only thing that will change is here in this thread. We'll get some more days to do our bit in speculation and guessing about the price and models. .

Only to people who are closely monitoring the launch of this product will be disappointed and frustrated (including me ). Either way,as read somewhere before in the thread, they were planning to start delivery in 2009 in the first place.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:22   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Nothing wrong with the decision if it's true. Right now everyone is focussed on the terror attack. Even I have been focussing on the terror update thread on this forum in the past few days. I think Fiat feels, and rightly so, that with all the focus on the terror attack and it's aftermath, a car launch wouldn't get too much attention in the media. For once, I think they have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If it is really postponed, that is it. I'm going to stop talking about Fiat anymore. I'm embarrassed to talk about its launches and cars any more, even to my wife. Better for me not to talk about such an uncertain company and product.
Rightly said, Amit!

The current situation demands condolences and an act of action on the Terror attacks. Hence everybody's and most important the Media is focussed on the Terror attacks.

Every corporate launches at this period would have been postponed, I'm very sure. So nothing wrong with FIAT doing so. It needs a clean air to launch Linea

If done at these times and Ratan Tata goes to attend the launch, you may also see a SMS survey on every News Channel "Do you think it was appropriate for Mr.Tata to attend car launch at this time?"

I ask, will you be having grand celebration at such tragic times?

The only thing we need to do is stop the speculations along with arguements and let the launch take it at its own time. No harm to wait for few more days! We all know the production has started already!

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 3rd December 2008 at 15:24.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:29   #230
Senior - BHPian

I am Disappointed however no final confirmation has come out yet so lesse waht develops in the coming days.
@Mun- Any confirmation on this?
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:45   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
If done at these times and Ratan Tata goes to attend the launch, you may also see a SMS survey on every News Channel "Do you think it was appropriate for Mr.Tata to attend car launch at this time?"

I ask, will you be having grand celebration at such tragic times?
True. I had not thought of the TATA angle in the launch. This has been one horrible year for the TATAs. For their sake and the rest of the Indian industry, hope they can get back on their feet soon.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:58   #232
Senior - BHPian

I think if the delay is true, its understandable.
Linea is certainly one of the most anticipated cars. But we all know that the production has started, so it is not as if they are going to pack up and leave. With the delay in launch, I hope it will ensure quicker delivery of cars.
But I think FIAT should at least announce the prices and variants before the launch like Honda did.
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:03   #233
Senior - BHPian

I feel Fiat is missing a trick here by delaying the launch date. If the sales of ANHC is an indication then it clearly states people are waiting for fresh models to buy new cars and Linea is one of the most anticipated one.
They should learn marketing from ANHC launch and do a soft launch in mid dec itself.
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:57   #234
Senior - BHPian

Concorde Motors, Chennai says the Linea's going to be launched on 16th Dec.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Production Started-linea.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2008, 18:28   #235
Senior - BHPian

Wow. that Promo makes me more excited and i guess rest the rumours for delay in launch date.
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:32   #236
Senior - BHPian

Is it on the Concorde site or on Fiat India's site?
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:23   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Is it on the Concorde site or on Fiat India's site?
Got it via email.
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:44   #238
Senior - BHPian

i guess after waiting so long, another 2 weeks wont change anything.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:43   #239
BHPian

The Launch is conformed for 16th month , there may be soft launches on 15 evening or 16 evening. some sms campaings and that teaser emails are being sent to prospects. What else ?
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The Launch is conformed for 16th month , there may be soft launches on 15 evening or 16 evening. some sms campaings and that teaser emails are being sent to prospects. What else ?
Thanks a ton muneemmk, for keeping the hopes alive. You didn't respond to my question of delivery date? Will it be delivered this month itself if I book immediately after the launch? Please let me know if you can share this.

Most Viewed