Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:39   #16
BHPian

The ratings for the linea in the autocar show are biblical..

The only thing that matters for fiat is price and A**. Lets hope they wont disappoint this time....
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:00   #17
BHPian

Any Mention About Price?????????
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
ok here's the highlights:

ABS
Tilt Steering
Thats it? What about 6 airbags, rain sensors, auto head lights, parking sensors, dual ACC that sources told us were coming?
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Any Mention About Price?????????
Should be around 9L-10L - On the same segment like City and Optra Magnum.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Thats it? What about 6 airbags, rain sensors, auto head lights, parking sensors, dual ACC that sources told us were coming?
They did not mention anything about the variants. Anyways, this was not a full review but only a sneak preview. I just hope that they price it right. At first glance it looks promising but I would not count my chickens before they hatch.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu Business Line : Fiat India rolls out first Linea from Ranjangaon

Quote:
The first indigenously manufactured unit of the sedan rolled out off the assembly line at the flip of a button by Mr Rajeev Dube, President, passenger cars, Tata Motors, to the accompaniment of Vedic chants by a battery of priests and religious rituals.

The commercial launch of the Linea, pronounced a C-plus segment offering, is scheduled for mid-December. It will be distributed by Tata-Fiat dealers, and the price is still being worked out, Mr Rajeev Kapoor, Managing Director and CEO, FIAL, said.

The Linea, which will be available in a total of six variants, with both diesel (1.3 l) and petrol (1.4 l) engine options, will be produced at a newly commissioned assembly line at Ranjangaon. The current level of localisation is 55 per cent and this will rise to 90 per cent by December 2009, Mr Kapoor said.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Production Started-2008112250590201.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2008, 11:52   #22
BHPian

Seen the car,driven it, both petrol and diesel.I say the car is good for the awesome pricing.Nothing else to comment on seems like everyone knows the specs of the car better than me. An awesome value for money it's very intruiging how they can price it so well with all those features.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Has it reached showrooms?
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
The current level of localisation is 55 per cent and this will rise to 90 per cent by December 2009,
Expensive spares? Not easily avaliable too? I hope they have done their homework on that one!

Quote:
seems like everyone knows the specs of the car better than me.
All that we know of the specs is what the sources have told us and, honestly, it sounds too good to be true. What we need is information from the horse's mouth to be sure of the features and pricing.

BUT, I like the way Fiat-Tata are going about the launch of this car. I think it's the Tata effect since Fiat would never have thought of roping in the media on the roll out of the first Linea.

Last edited by amit : 22nd November 2008 at 12:00.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
BUT, I like the way Fiat-Tata are going about the launch of this car. I think it's the Tata effect since Fiat would never have thought of roping in the media on the roll out of the first Linea.
True Amit. But i think Fiat itself realises what Linea means to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Car looks promising but the focus of attention on the preview was Ms. Kriplani. I am looking forward to the review by NDTV. Any idea about its pricing? Will it be comparable to the SX4 and Verna?
So tom NDTV C&B will also showcase the Linea??
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:21   #26
BHPian

The car won't be reaching the showroom till 2nd week of december sales will commence immedialtely after that. The Specs and features listed in the other Linea thread(which is closed now) is True. And Fiat along with Tata is getting a total internal revamp.

I Think we don't have to worry about spare availabilty and pricing as The Fiat Head In charge of Linea said "This is our make or brake point, If we fail with the linea, we might as well as pack and leave,no looking back, Lots of hope on this one".

And Grande Punto is conformed for Mid 2009 lauch.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The car won't be reaching the showroom till 2nd week of december sales will commence immedialtely after that. The Specs and features listed in the other Linea thread(which is closed now) is True. And Fiat along with Tata is getting a total internal revamp.

I Think we don't have to worry about spare availabilty and pricing as The Fiat Head In charge of Linea said "This is our make or brake point, If we fail with the linea, we might as well as pack and leave,no looking back, Lots of hope on this one".

So you are kind of confirming that the specs are great, the pricing is competitive, drive & handling is superb, spares and service concerns are being addressed …. ??
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Specs and features listed in the other Linea thread(which is closed now) is True.
Why did I buy the SX4?!

Quote:
Why the big 6 month gap between Linea and GP?

Quote:
The company is planning to fit Emotion Plus with a higher end engine.
Didn't anyone notice this?! muneemmk, any information on this? T-Jet petrol and 1.6MJD? Or better still, the 1.9 MJD?
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:57   #29
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Seen the car,driven it, both petrol and diesel.I say the car is good for the awesome pricing.Nothing else to comment on seems like everyone knows the specs of the car better than me. An awesome value for money it's very intruiging how they can price it so well with all those features.
Driven it....envy you man

How was the ride like, and how was the acceleration on the diesel & petrol versions?
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:33   #30
BHPian

The pricing I hope will not be just competitive it will be totally awesome, The ride is simply too good, after driving the Linea we drove the Verna & SX4 so that we can get an immediate idea about how good the Linea is , and man It is really different the ride is so supple but couldn't drive it at higher speeds to check the corneiring ability or anything,as the car wasn't registered.

I don't think the T-Jet or the 1.6 or 1.9 Diesels will be coming , no such plans from Fiats side and there is No Emotion +. But the Diesel Engine Has Zero Turbo Lag, I was Looking at the needle to see when the turbo kicks in was amazed when the car just kept on pulling till 4000RPM without any turbolag. Not even a hint of it. The Petrol Motor is Wokay, But it's got that Racy Exhaust Note.

The Six month Gap between the launches must be to provide a Real good product support and after sales support for the Linea with very good spare avilabilty, all the Hierarchy in the Fiat have been revamped,for better customer centric approach, We don't expect another goof up with this Car. Like I said this is the car to win the heart back, bring the belief back. Lets Wait and see how it turns out.

Last edited by muneemmk : 22nd November 2008 at 13:37.

Most Viewed