Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:49   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic! Along with the ANHC & the Fiesta, I love the Lineas looks. We can presume that the build quality is "thud" solid and that li'l 1.3 MJD is an established rock star. From the reviews so far, it seems to have the best ride & handling combo too.

I hope this car proves successful. If Fiat India goof up the Linea's support, I am personally driving over to their corporate office and punching them away into oblivion.
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:57   #47
BHPian

I seriously hope they get the pricing right.
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:00   #48
BANNED

I'll come too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If Fiat India goof up the Linea's support, I am personally driving over to their corporate office and punching them away into oblivion.
I'll be glad to join you too.

By all the info which has been served here villl now, it's very much an understood factor that the car by itself is amazing! The only factor which can pass/fail this car here is Fiat India. Hope they get their job right this time atleast.
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

The sad part is no auto tranny....
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:17   #50
BHPian

Wow, finally Linea is seeing light. I hope the after sales service is as good looking as the car!!!

Last edited by madbullram : 22nd November 2008 at 20:26.
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:06   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic car. Wonder all the aspects of the car are given 8 points. Will wait for a detailed road test by our team bhpians.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

LMAO: Joke of the year:
Quote:
Fiat India said, adding that the company expects to sell around 2,500 units every month.

PS: If they weren't such a bunch of incompetent marketers, I would've been 10000km up on the Palio SDX by now.
Rajeev ji, my very best wishes for a challenging journey. Your job is VERY well cut out.

Last edited by phamilyman : 22nd November 2008 at 23:22.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:31   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic! Along with the ANHC & the Fiesta, I love the Lineas looks.
Yup. We have cars that look like cars with these 3 cars- instead of a bar of soap or modeling clay.

I really wish Fiat does well with this one. Else, I agree with their top man who said they have no business being here if this failed.
Old 23rd November 2008, 07:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

I like the looks , its got a muscle look just like the 1.8 ikon. (just my opinion)
Old 23rd November 2008, 08:03   #55
BHPian

All we prospective buyers should keep our fingers crossed and hope that fiat get it right this time.
We have a palio which is 7 years old with 86k km on the odo only issue is servicing.
Auto tranny with 1.6 / 1.9 MJD with decent A S S and they have a car which is a sure winner.

regards

Vaseem
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We can presume that the build quality is "thud" solid and that li'l 1.3 MJD is an established rock star. From the reviews so far, it seems to have the best ride & handling combo too.

I hope this car proves successful. If Fiat India goof up the Linea's support, I am personally driving over to their corporate office and punching them away into oblivion.
Quote:
it's very much an understood factor that the car by itself is amazing! The only factor which can pass/fail this car here is Fiat India. Hope they get their job right this time atleast.
I'll join you guys too. With a nuclear weapon laded missile. Every product of their's has been spot on but failed due to these incompetent jokers. Every time a Fiat car is launched it has everything going for it and it still fails thanks to the companies attitude. Fiat India is like the Indian cricket team.

Quote:
I hope this car proves successful.
I hope the Linea and GP prove mega successfull. Maybe then we will have Bravo's, 500's, Punto Abarth's being manufactured here and sold at affordable prices.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:03   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Fiat India goof up the Linea's support, I am personally driving over to their corporate office and punching them away into oblivion.
Count me in too. Then we can put take some pics too and post in under a thread

Impressed with the UTV Review. In gear acceleration/city drive is better than Verna. If priced <10L, this will make a lot of cars like Fiesta TDCi, Verna & Magum way too overpriced
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Count me in too. Then we can put take some pics too and post in under a thread
I have been looking for the support to do this. I will lead this team.

-BSR
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I hope the Linea and GP prove mega successfull. Maybe then we will have Bravo's, 500's, Punto Abarth's being manufactured here and sold at affordable prices.
The best part is that it seems Linea would be 90% localized by Dec 2009. This should at once make spares availability a non-issue, as well as making the car even more affordable.(currently it would be at 55% localization to start with.
Quote:

Quote:
Fiat India said, adding that the company expects to sell around 2,500 units every month.
Well, yes it does look a ridiculous expectation to start with. I think it is typical marketing aggression in front of the media. In their mind, they well know that this launch would be deemed a success if it touches 1000 units per month. It would be a great comeback for Fiat. I think the 1.3 MJD is a potential winner.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
BSR, SkyW, amit, zak, GTO, Thepassion in these statmetns indicate how badly Fiat Service has let down loyal customers. Hope they are geared up this time, but wonder what they have planned differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Quote:
2500 is farfetched on the face of it. But pricing and how well they manage service will determine Fiat’s destiny – if done right this may be possible also. Hope Fiat is serious and not joking.

Most Viewed