Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 22:28   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
I work for RF motors Cochin as Fiat Sales Consultant.

well,this is off-topic but just wanted to say-i bought the first 1.6 palio your dealership sold!!!

and guess i will go in for the linea too-its too tempting!!!
Old 28th November 2008, 22:43   #182
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea photo gallery, Fiat Linea Active, Dynamic, Emotion price and specs | DWS Auto India

Dont know how reliable this site is however if its true the line up of models do seem impressive and people will be spoiled with choices.
Old 29th November 2008, 06:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
I am just curious, and really felt like asking
Whom do you work for? have you ever dispalyed such Guts before? In case you have...

I run my own show, and for ur information this is not the forum to describe about my guts to u , pls refrain from attacking another member directly act sencibly In case you have.......one!!!
Old 29th November 2008, 07:50   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
pls refrain from attacking another member directly act sencibly In case you have.......one!!!
Sathya, seems like you are the only one who is doing it here. Just re read what you wrote and ponder
Old 29th November 2008, 08:27   #185
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I find these mystery sources quite unreliable. Please close this thread till reliable source is availble of car launch!
Old 29th November 2008, 08:53   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Somehow I find these mystery sources quite unreliable.
i agree 100%. we have folks claiming soft launches for at least 4-5 times in the last few months. Days just went by.

The only thing i believe now is the autocar review.
Old 29th November 2008, 11:50   #187
BHPian

i know!! just pasted total paragraph so you can look at details.
Old 29th November 2008, 12:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

This car is going to come up with a number of features which most of the Sedans below 10 L doesn't have. So I suspect if the price will be less than 9L. I believe the top variant in diesel will cost more than 10L, will compete with Optra Magnum, Cedia etc.
Old 30th November 2008, 14:57   #189
BHPian

Watch this weeks Overdrive on CNBC they have test driven the diesel version.The car looks very good even the interiors,the steering wheel has audio controls on it and a feature called as the "Blue me" where your mobile is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth.
Old 30th November 2008, 21:41   #190
BANNED

A Linea Battleground!

Chillax everyone! Hey Linea is a good car as reviewed by the December 2008 Autocar India with a 9 star rating- ready to beat the hell out of the ANHC's 118PS engine (and scant accessories list) as well as the nearly powerful SX4 (with lowwwww mileage).

AUTOCARCR 'TRUE FOR SURE, NO NONSENSE' REVIEW

It reportedly will come with a 95bhp petrol engine (1.4 Fire) and a 90 bhp costlier disel heart (1.3 Multijet). No news on the 120 PS T-Jet. The car as reported has an AUDI-ish framework (as noted by the sleek glass box with higher back suspension), with a stubby two grill nose and sleek Bravo-ish eyes that curve in coordination with the A,B and C Pillars into the elegant rear where the large tail lamps give it an Aston-Martin-ish look. The interiors were on par with Maserati and Alfa Romeo although a 'few' bits were hard and plasticy the interior is far better than any car known in the segment. Blue and Me and ABS, ESP and EBD are standard on the Emotion variant. (Emotion + variant is not mentioned- i guess it will have more accessories and thats all).Ride and Handling is the BEST in the segment and comparable to Narain's Fiesta (see ACI SEptember issue), it curves beautifully into the sharp corners and does not lose control even for a bit. The wheels and the wheel archs give a perfect blend of grip and style. The acceleration is peppy with VGT and it feels more powerful than the 90/95 bhp in the midrange 4000 RPM. Although ACI's test shows a good 15secs for 0-100 kmph it should do better on roads with far more grip, knocking of a full 1.5 secs from the original test value. On the whole, the Linea is the real brilliance which Fiat was hoping for and as Fiat is really keen on improving service this time around they have finally hit the bulls-eye.

PROS:

1) Good engine (90 bhp Diesel/ 95bhp Petrol/ possibly 120PS T-Jet PETROL) and engineering ((superb suspension) which renders all the pot-holed roads simply useless against its soft and smooth suspension)
2) Terrific handling on any terrain (with 190/65 tires with optional alloys unlike Honda City)
3) Fantastic Interiors (Biege and large and neatly placed buttons with chrome accents and Mercedes like speedometer) and Exteriors (as designed by Fiat Style Centre)
4) A Value for Money with the petrol coming within 8 lakhs and the diesel coming within 9 lakhs. (Fiat should stick to the badge)
5) Extensive Features list including - Blue and Me Bluetooth system
- EPS
- Steering Mounted Controls
- Adjustable Seats
- Rear Defoggers
- EORVM
- Possible Rain, Darkness and Parking sensors (Not highlighted by ACI)
- 6 CD Changer
- AC with standard Climate Control on all models (including Active and Dynamic)
- Rear AC vent as well as Sun Blind (THE ONLY CAR IN THIS ENTIRE SEGMENT TO OFFER SUCH A LUXURY OPTION) (Found in cars like Altis and Accord)

6)Soft Cushioned seats with enormous width and thigh support. Shoulder space in the front is more than City.

7) Garunteed A.S.S to reduce service costs for Linea making it a truly superb LUXURY car.

CONS/NIGGLES:
Not many, very minor, shouldn't affect your choice

1) Steering non adjustable, slightly tough to find exact driving position but once found- it is totally superb.
2) Back height is slightly small due to the aerodynamic designing for smoother flow of air (reducing drag and increasing downforce and ultimately stability at high speeds) Not comfy for Above 6 footers.
3) A.S.S is an issue Fiat is spending billions on to correct and upgrade so we have to wait till the launch itself.
4) Narrow and high boot makes difficult while loading but not a hassle.
5) Engine noise is present but barely audible and should not be a problem.

VERDICT
PROS Outweigh the CONS so no problems at all with the Linea. Go ahead and choose it if you do not mind sticking with the temporarily poor A.S.S and resale value. Mind it these issues will surely be corrected as time progresses by the aggressive third-time-lucky Fiat! I wouldn't mind having an Accord or an Altis or a Civic for that matter at a price of a Skoda Fabia! Surely you wouldn't too! Choose Linea- you wouldn't regret it, after all, it IS a car that speaks your language.

BOTTOM LINE: A serious superb entry into the C+/D Segment at VFM Prices.

P.S. If you liked the review please rate it out of 10. Love to here from you guys. And iof anybody knew all the features dont be pessimistic. Thanks!cheers:
Old 30th November 2008, 23:10   #191
BHPian

Surprising there is no mention of Airbags in Autocar's review. Fiat should at least supply all version of the Linea with a minimum of 2 airbag (driver and passenger).
Old 30th November 2008, 23:24   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
Surprising there is no mention of Airbags in Autocar's review. Fiat should at least supply all version of the Linea with a minimum of 2 airbag (driver and passenger).
The latest Autocar magazine has done a road test of Linea 1.3MJD Emotion variant, and it clearly states 2 airbags. It hasn't mentioned anything about the other variants...
Cheers,
Old 1st December 2008, 00:07   #193
BHPian

It's just 16 more days , maybe less than that for the Specs to come out. Why make such a fuss about it.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2008 at 08:06.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:59   #194
BHPian

My problem-I just bought autocar india and checked the linea road test i found everything in the car is excellent and it will set a benchmark in that C+ segment.But the problem is rear headroom its only 870mm.Me and my father are 6+ long so i have a doubt that seating on rear seat will be a problem for us the same problem we had with sx4 and dezire our head just touches the roof of car.Maruti Sx4 has 890mm of head room then also we can not sit in it comfortably.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:37   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
It's just 16 more days , maybe less than that for the Specs to come out. Why make such a fuss about it.
Muneemmk, I just wanted to know if booking will start on 16th Dec itself and how long the delivery will take if booked on the first day itself. I would like to drive it during the vacation times during the year end and new year, which means I would like to get the car before 24th Dec. If it is something that you know of and can share with me, it would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by opendro : 1st December 2008 at 10:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks