Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 16:00   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
My problem-I just bought autocar india and checked the linea road test i found everything in the car is excellent and it will set a benchmark in that C+ segment.But the problem is rear headroom its only 870mm.Me and my father are 6+ long so i have a doubt that seating on rear seat will be a problem for us the same problem we had with sx4 and dezire our head just touches the roof of car.Maruti Sx4 has 890mm of head room then also we can not sit in it comfortably.
Sometimes you need to take the auto mags'. figures with a pinch of salt, and check such details for yourself, by actually sitting in the backseat of the car. The Linea is designed in Europe for Europeans , who are by nature Big Built!....unlike Japanese and Koreans who are generally of smaller built. Therefore, I would be very surprised if if 6+ footers would be unable to sit upright in the rear seat. Unless ofcourse, you are 6'6" plus, in which case any car would be uncomfortable.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:14   #197
Senior - BHPian

Does any one has a idea what will this car cost in Mumbai?

Look's a nice car.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcoll View Post
Sometimes you need to take the auto mags'. figures with a pinch of salt, and check such details for yourself, by actually sitting in the backseat of the car. The Linea is designed in Europe for Europeans , who are by nature Big Built!....unlike Japanese and Koreans who are generally of smaller built. Therefore, I would be very surprised if if 6+ footers would be unable to sit upright in the rear seat. Unless ofcourse, you are 6'6" plus, in which case any car would be uncomfortable.
If you actually see the video of TD of Linea by Autocar you would get more idea . Renuka Kriplani( aint too sure of her name, hope im right) of Autocar did sit in the rear and she itself was quite close in touching the roof of the car.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:01   #199
BHPian

seems the clash of the new arrivals is gonna be interesting in this segment.

a) Mahindra Xylo(they call it a sedan on their new site), b) Linea and heard of
c)Hindustan motors coming up with something.....

Fiat has turned down their prospective buyers too many times on launch dates, so no comments until we see one on display.

Cheers!!
Old 1st December 2008, 17:04   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
If you actually see the video of TD of Linea by Autocar you would get more idea . Renuka Kriplani( aint too sure of her name, hope im right) of Autocar did sit in the rear and she itself was quite close in touching the roof of the car.
I remember reading that Linea was designed first and engineers had to work with the designers, which is the not the case usually. And the designers had taken into consideration of the increasing height of humans over the years. If that is true and still if we find problem with the head room, that will be a pitiable calculation in the design part.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:04   #201
BHPian

Mktg Manager at Tata Motors confirmed the launch date of Linea as 15-Dec -08. Next in line will be the Vista Sedan aka the new Indigo. They are planning to do a wait and watch for the Xover. They want to see the work done by Mahindra on the Xylo and then position Xover against the Xylo and Innova
Old 1st December 2008, 18:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Mktg Manager at Tata Motors confirmed the launch date of Linea as 15-Dec -08. Next in line will be the Vista Sedan aka the new Indigo. They are planning to do a wait and watch for the Xover. They want to see the work done by Mahindra on the Xylo and then position Xover against the Xylo and Innova
Do you have any idea of the cost of the car in mumbai?
Old 1st December 2008, 18:20   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Do you have any idea of the cost of the car in mumbai?
he mentioned the prices to be in the Range of ANHC -- nothing more -- wasnt very warm to my style of interrogation
Old 1st December 2008, 20:40   #204
BHPian

I went to Autofin, Secunderabad today to enquire abt linea. Spoke to the sales manager who it seems had been to Mumbai and driven the car.

As per him, the car is very good, comfortable and all accessories included. Price is 7L-9L where 9L+xxx is for diesel top model on road. He said he knows the exact price but would not disclose it now, but again said that it is close to 9L. My guess is 9.5L on road Hyd.

I enquired about the colors available. He tried to recollect for couple of seconds and told me it is available in 4 colors

1. Silver
2. Maroon
3. Black
4. Champagne

No Dark Grey :(

He told me the TD cars are expected to arrive on 15-Dec. Deliveries will start around 9-Jan meaning second week of Jan. It seems Fiat wants to give 2009 labelled cars.

Thats all folks!
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:50   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
I went to Autofin, Secunderabad today to enquire abt linea. Spoke to the sales manager who it seems had been to Mumbai and driven the car.

As per him, the car is very good, comfortable and all accessories included. Price is 7L-9L where 9L+xxx is for diesel top model on road. He said he knows the exact price but would not disclose it now, but again said that it is close to 9L. My guess is 9.5L on road Hyd.

I enquired about the colors available. He tried to recollect for couple of seconds and told me it is available in 4 colors

1. Silver
2. Maroon
3. Black
4. Champagne

He told me the TD cars are expected to arrive on 15-Dec. Deliveries will start around 9-Jan meaning second week of Jan. It seems Fiat wants to give 2009 labelled cars.

Thats all folks!
Nice piece of info .... if this peice of info is true, i reckon fiat has a winner....if it comes in that price , I woudnt bother about the A.S.S
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:54   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post

1. Silver
2. Maroon
3. Black
4. Champagne

Thats all folks!
This will be cheaper then verna's top model?
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:01   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This will be cheaper then verna's top model?
Speculation!

Wont believe the pricing fundae till I see them on paper
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:10   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Speculation!

Wont believe the pricing fundae till I see them on paper
Though a lot of threads here are fuelled by speculation on future releases - which makes for interesting reading - atleast for prices, i'd rather wait for the launch in my city.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:47   #209
BHPian

its heartening to see so much interest in Fiat products..seems like FINALLY Fiat is setting multiple forums on fire. I just hope this all hulla turns into REAL business for fiat and let ppl like me have a privilege of owning REAL fiat vehicle
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:04   #210
BHPian

Linea launch has been postponed to January 02,2008. Reason given is terror attacks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks