Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:50   #241
BANNED

Fiat Linea is here!

Firstly, I strongly feel sorry for the people who were direct or indirect victims of the terror attacks. Secondly, however grave any terror attack is, a city has to stand up the moment the situation turns brighter. Fiat is in no position to lose time- even days will cost them. I have seen people go in for the Optra Magnum and Fiesta just because Fiat Linea launch is getting delayed. And as the CHENNAI poster confirms the launch on 16th December- I dont see why you should believe the rumour about Fiat postponing the launch at all! So 16th it is- a fortnight only!!!!

- 14 DAYS FOR LAUNCH -
Old 4th December 2008, 06:57   #242
BHPian

Just wondering if Fiat Linea base model comes with ABS and airbags for 7 lakhs, what will maruti doo???. It has no answers, except underpricing the SX4.

SX4 for 5.5 lakhs, and the waiting list will be similar to the Dzire. Maruti is acts cheap in many ways. Someone has to beat Maruti's 25 year monoply.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:31   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Just wondering if Fiat Linea base model comes with ABS and airbags for 7 lakhs, what will maruti doo???. It has no answers, except underpricing the SX4.

SX4 for 5.5 lakhs, and the waiting list will be similar to the Dzire. Maruti is acts cheap in many ways. Someone has to beat Maruti's 25 year monoply.
In my opinion, the SX4 and the Dzire are very competitivley priced. The top of the line SX-4 offer sufficient saftey equipment as well. If Maruti were to start pricing cars like the SX-4 at 5.5L, I am quite sure the company would be out of business in no time.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:51   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hazaar speculation on this thread, but from what I have heard the base petrol version is 7.44 ex-showroom Delhi. Might be a faux pas, but I dont expect the Linea, even for the base version, to cost less than 8L OTR.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:02   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

blind maruti followers will still opt for maruti.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:50   #246
Senior - BHPian

Guys i had send an email to all Fiat(TATA) Dealers regarding the Linea launch as -
HI,
When will Fiat Linea will be launched as am interested in buying it?

Thanks and Regards
Harsh Vardhan Jain

Got a reply -
Hi
The fiat Linea will be launched by December mid

Thanks & Regards
Sales Department
Vivek automobiles

So i guess rest all rumours its launching on the 16th itself. Have asked them about models and pricing as well so lesse if they tell.
CheerS

Last edited by harry10 : 4th December 2008 at 14:54.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:13   #247
BHPian

We are still talking about the production but as to waht I know Fiat is all set to launch the Linea by December this year. Is this true or only a romour?
Old 4th December 2008, 15:20   #248
BHPian

I'm super-excited about the 95 bhp petrol - that shows whats in store with the Grande Punto later!

so 16th it is.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I'm super-excited about the 95 bhp petrol - that shows whats in store with the Grande Punto later!

so 16th it is.
Even I guess the Linea is going to make-or-break the Grande Punto. All of Fiat's brand building exercise by launching the 500 and promises of the Bravo, seem to have fallen flat of their face.

The pricing of the Linea, and how the market takes it, would redefine Fiat in India. And I hope its for the good of all Fiat enthusiasts.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:07   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
We are still talking about the production but as to waht I know Fiat is all set to launch the Linea by December this year. Is this true or only a romour?
Mate guess you missed the whole thread so read again. Its getting launched on 16 dec.
Old 4th December 2008, 17:49   #251
BHPian

I read the drive report of Fiat Linea on today's Hindu Metro Plus available distributed from Kochi. Not a good drive report in my opinion, and no mention about he pricing and engine options. Think the reporter don't know the fact that the fiat 1.3 Multijet engine actually pumps 90hp and we are getting a detuned version here for all the swifts/palios/vistas.

Also bad report about the rear leg/head room space. Reports say that it is much lesser than the city and logan. Let us wait till it will be launched in this december. Thanks fiat for atleast launching it before the new Honda city actually starts its sale in large. But atleat fiat lost many customers from the delay they made.
Old 4th December 2008, 17:59   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvinu View Post
I read the drive report of Fiat Linea on today's Hindu Metro Plus available distributed from Kochi. Not a good drive report in my opinion, and no mention about he pricing and engine options. Think the reporter don't know the fact that the fiat 1.3 Multijet engine actually pumps 90hp and we are getting a detuned version here for all the swifts/palios/vistas.

Also bad report about the rear leg/head room space. Reports say that it is much lesser than the city and logan. Let us wait till it will be launched in this december. Thanks fiat for atleast launching it before the new Honda city actually starts its sale in large. But atleat fiat lost many customers from the delay they made.

IIRC the same narration of the TD is in Dec ACI issue. I did read the article this morning. I did observe that they made a major goof up by putting A-star s engine pic instead of Linea's. See the Suzuki logo in third pic.

Edit :
Here s the A-star pic in a Linea TD report

Last edited by karanraheja : 4th December 2008 at 18:01.
Old 4th December 2008, 18:01   #253
BHPian

Quote:

People have already read the report much earlier (I guess some one posted the link earlier). The report mentions 90 bhp. You have not read it properly.

BTW, Logan has a wheelbase of 2630, which is way beyond any other car in C/C++ segment. It is also very wide inside. And it has lot of cabin and storage space. It is indeed a big car, bigger than all other cars (in the segment and above). So, just wondering if you are complaining if Logan is also bigger than Linea.
Old 4th December 2008, 18:07   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
IIRC the same narration of the TD is in Dec ACI issue. I did read the article this morning. I did observe that they made a major goof up by putting A-star s engine pic instead of Linea's. See the Suzuki logo in third pic.
Same article was there in yesterday's Bangalore edition. Exact copy of Dec ACI. But not sure about engine pic, will check later.
I noticed even the readers questions featured were same as the ones in ACI. Looks like Hindu has some understanding with ACI.
Old 4th December 2008, 18:09   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read the drive report of Fiat Linea on today's Hindu Metro Plus available distributed from Kochi.
Ignore the Hindu Auto journalist's TD report, his knowledge on Cars and Automobiles is worse than a novice!

Do check the TD report by AutoCar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks