Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 01:23   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
turbocharge - pumping more Air per Volume of petrol into the cylinders making a highly compressed pressurized atmosphere inside the engine.

For example, the compression ratio of verna is 18 v.s other petrol engines with is 9 or 10. I think Hyundai released the first car which had flat torque diesel engine offering good mileage.

Its funny to see Maruti using those marketing jargon "Flat torque engine" while hyundai has done it long back.
the compression ratio is 18 cause its a diesel. a petrol just cant have that high a compression ratio, it will just blow itself up

secondly, the compression ratio is governed by the fuel quality, not by air quantity.

flat torque curve is not at all related to compression ratio.
it can be achieved by using variable runner lengths, or as in case of verna, a variable geometry turbo.

The best situation would be, VGT, variable runner lengths and variable valve timing, that could give you the flattest possible torque curve.
Old 5th December 2008, 07:03   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Just a dumb question but difficult it is to remap the ECU and to increase the PSI of the stock turbo to extract more power, say 100 bhp? What all is involed, would a remap be enough?
I have inquired about the same. Petes has the 102 bhp and 220 Nm tuning box for 28K. More about the graph http://www.psipowerbox.com/turbodies...tid=2032&lg=en
Old 5th December 2008, 07:36   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I have inquired about the same. Petes has the 102 bhp and 220 Nm tuning box for 28K. More about the graph http://www.psipowerbox.com/turbodies...tid=2032&lg=en
wow - he already has a box for 1.3 MJD VGT?
Old 5th December 2008, 09:33   #274
BHPian

this box is for the linea sold internationaly.

but yes will do fine in the linea that is going to come provided the feul quality is same for that of the international linea nad the indian one

even then a little more smoke cant be of no harm.

first let the car release.

what remains to be seen is the commitment that Fiat will put into the After sales Service of the cars.

and about my remarks. guys check the other forums i post only in threads related. and yes there too guys make remarks about how the linea will shake the Skoda sales also. yeah right!! all this for a car thats not released!!

yeah yeah we will stick onto the linea here.
cheers
Old 5th December 2008, 10:44   #275
BANNED

Its About Linea Not Verna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
one line i really like. cant stop laughing after reading it haha.

0-100 in 15 secs and 140kmph in 30.8 secs put them aside to FIESTA its good.
BUT CARS LIKE VERNA WILL STILL EAT IT FOR LUNCH hehe

no wonder we call the fiesta as bullock carts!!

petrol or diesel. those who still think that the so called 1.6s or exi or zxi or sxi whatever can hold a candle to the verna CRDi or a getz CRDi are living in a fools paradise!!

i had a hope that the linea will be competition now that hope also gone.

all hopes on the ANHC then lolz

my car will be out of the workshop by month end hopefully and i will be probably cleared for driving from my doc also by then!!

2009 is gonna be fun for us guys.

what say guys??
Hehe what a joke! What a joke! ACI was being sarcastic for comparison! THE POINT is that firstly, this thread is a Linea thread and as much as we want to compare it with other cars- we need to maintain a limit, secondly Linea has got a HORDES of other features that not even an Accord or a Civic can HOPE to dream of at that price, thirdly, Linea comes nearly as powerful as the SX4 itself- it has got that power, elegance, italian design and grace which even the Verna cannot come close to matching. Personally, (and sorry if I hurt anyines feelings) I think the Verna looks like a troll with those akward tail lamps which do not match with the front at all WHEN COMPARED TO the Linea which has far more modern style than most of the cars in its C+ segment and a segment above by extension.

SO: Please STICK TO THE LINEA (as karan said) and dont demoralise the existing Fiat hopefuls that may buy this wonderful car. And follow Karan's advice if you cant stick to whats Linea in this thread.

- 11 MORE DAYS TO GO -
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Production Started-linea16.jpg  

Old 5th December 2008, 10:49   #276
BANNED

Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I agree with Karan as am also seeing same kinda postings all over other threads as well.
As for Verna being fastest and stuff,i have always believed in a race of cars its not d car but d skill in you which decides who is a winner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
this box is for the linea sold internationaly.

but yes will do fine in the linea that is going to come provided the feul quality is same for that of the international linea nad the indian one

even then a little more smoke cant be of no harm.

first let the car release.

what remains to be seen is the commitment that Fiat will put into the After sales Service of the cars.

and about my remarks. guys check the other forums i post only in threads related. and yes there too guys make remarks about how the linea will shake the Skoda sales also. yeah right!! all this for a car thats not released!!

yeah yeah we will stick onto the linea here.
cheers
Hmmmm.... thats good! Stick to the Linea.... (Sorry for those SLIGHTLY rude remarks of a Verna in general) IT seems I have missed your 9:33 post! (no im not- just careless)
Old 5th December 2008, 18:53   #277
Senior - BHPian

Link for the review.
Autocar India Forums: Fiat Linea Test Drive Report
Old 5th December 2008, 19:41   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that harry. The review is as expected.cheers: This car is absolutely fantastic.If they price as mentioned, then dont bother looking for anything else. Italian craftsmanship with that amazingly refined engine (though lacking some valuable horses).Waiting to get behind her wheels.
Old 5th December 2008, 19:51   #279
BHPian

@autocarcr That's a wonderful picture. Where did you got it.
Old 5th December 2008, 20:30   #280
Senior - BHPian

It was sent out by FIAT/FIAT dealers.
Old 5th December 2008, 21:05   #281
Senior - BHPian

The car reminds me of Dodge Intrepid.... As earlier stated, have a gut feeling of the machine being grossly underpowered for its weight. Feature wise, I am quite satisfied. Spcly after Honda doing a highway robbery with their New City. If only they could divert their cost savings from F1 and transfer them to consumers... maybe we could see a cheaper or more loaded City.
Old 6th December 2008, 00:17   #282
BHPian

Quote:
WOW! lovely interiors.& Linea is very impressive outide too.

from the pic it looks like they have raised the ground clearance for Indian roads. right move.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:13   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the link.
I like the looks of the car. (Back side is very nice.)
Old 6th December 2008, 10:47   #284
BHPian

thanks for the link harry
backside 3 quarters photo looks the best to me. Front looks a bit conservative. The interiors are miles ahead of anything Fiat in India. We dont need to worry abt the engine as it is tried and tested already doing service in multiple cars. IMHO it is underpowered, but then Fiesta 1.4 D is already selling well, and this is much more powerful.
if marketed and supported well, FIAT can surely turn around its fortune
Old 6th December 2008, 18:54   #285
Senior - BHPian

Launch delayed

The Fiat-India site confirms the delay of the launch.Till a few days back the banner on the site said "Fiat Linea-Coming in December 08" and now it says "Coming soon".Looks like we have to wait till January now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks