Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:10   #1
BHPian

Emerging Set of Criminal in India

These are the new sets of criminal which is growing fast as India's Growth story. If we dont check/pause them then we will have tough time to tackle them. These Criminals are most of them are Yellow Board vehicle in our country. Becos of our India's +VE growth these drivers find a way on the road. Its good that they got Bread and Butter but at the same time they
create a havoc on the road makeing our other peoples life is on dengour.
1. They drive as if they have permissable to break the rule.
2. They have permission to dash/hit any vehicle and human being intensenaly.
3. They are mostly operated by some politicians/high-profile people. The saddest part in Indian politics.
4. Police never catch them as they get monthly hafta.
5. There vehicle is fitted with all un-acceptable fittings.(Horn/Blinking lights/No plates...)
6. Most of the driver's are arrogant what ever matter it is.
7. Shows cabbies unity un-neccessary

List keeps goes on !!!

Is there any way to ping them ...
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:29   #2
BHPian

Unfortunate that you have generalised all yellow boards.

All of them are not so.

Or I am not able to see one (as you have mentioned) at Madurai.
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:05   #3
BHPian

I guess this is too stereotypical an observation and probably comes from some prior baggage. I have seen in this city Audis, Mercs and just about everything else driven by its owner, get driven recklessly. The following points from your list apply equally well for private vehicle owners in BLR. Want to see how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
1. They drive as if they have permissable to break the rule. -
Private cars: Very true indeed. The more expensive/bigger it gets, higher is the level of perceived permissions
Quote:
2. They have permission to dash/hit any vehicle and human being intensenaly. -
Private cars: Ditto.
Quote:
3. They are mostly operated by some politicians/high-profile people. The saddest part in Indian politics. -
Private cars: Especially true for Scorpios/Innovas in the city. There is a chap who comes from some bank for (credit card) collections with a Sword painted in the rear windshied with blood dripping from it. He drives like a martian in the middle of Sahara. I pity the chaps who have to deal that man. Must some some AVP-Collections at Citibank ;-)
Quote:
4. Police never catch them as they get monthly hafta. -
Private cars: Well, when I used to get caught on a semi-permanent basis on a KL-plate car, I paid up generously. You could call it hafta as the frequency was pretty much weekly.
Quote:
5. There vehicle is fitted with all un-acceptable fittings.(Horn/Blinking lights/No plates...) -
Private cars: What about Vibromini/highways horns on our cars and some musical horns (like the ones on Mohanlal's Prado in BLR?)
Quote:
-Private cars: I accept we are all humans. And who is not arrogant in BLR, especially when they are holding a steering wheel and kicking a pedal?
Quote:
7. Shows cabbies unity un-neccessary -
Private cars: Well, we also have our communities like t-BHP. Enzoy maadi. ;-)

So there you are. Hope you get the point. If you care to observe, you will be surprised to see a lot of the private car owners are equally moronic in this city.

Take a good look next time while you drive in BLR, please see how many times the private car switch lanes (many roads in BLR has no lane markings) and do ridiculous zig-zagging on the streets, in peak traffic.

BH.

p.s.: My car has white plates.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 22nd November 2008 at 16:25.
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:59   #4
BHPian

@BurnignHeart I know this is crime is also applicable to Private Owner. But as I said
"These Criminals are most of them are Yellow Board vehicle in our country.".
In Bangalore you can see these cabbies are more offender than the private vehicle.
And again as you said "Especially true for Scorpios/Innovas in the city.". Yes you are 100% true. They just know the money power nothing else. And In our country we respect them to the MAX...

If you are in Some signal waiting for Green Signal many a time a cabbies behind you will start honking or pushing you physically though you are 100ft away from the Signal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post

All of them are not so.

I drive everyday In Bangalore-Hosur Road and my observations on private bus operators are :

1. They can stop in the Middle of the Road creating a huge traffic behind.
2. Over speeding on the road. Competetion with other car.
3. Using shril/musical horns.
4. Using 4-6 lights in High Beam.

I dont know how you have over looked all this. Becos most of this bus travel to TN only.

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th December 2010 at 11:51. Reason: back to back posts. Next time wait until 20 minutes or use EDIT button
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
If you are in Some signal waiting for Green Signal many a time a cabbies behind you will start honking or pushing you physically though you are 100ft away from the Signal...
I wish they had at least marked one lane and called it private lane. So that all these boys could have done their merry making in all the place that remains on the road and off it. (It costs fraction of the money went into building that elevated two-lane highway, which some day will kill many poor fellas driving below it).

My empathies are with you my friend. What else can I offer in this terrible place, they call a city? We make it even worse, by competing with these scoundrels we despise.

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 22nd November 2008 at 17:14.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:14   #6
BHPian

These statements are true to an extent, but the generalization is not correct.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:36   #7
BHPian

Developing Countries need time to get into civilised way of motoring.

If you want this to happen soon, one way is to opt for strict punishment and heavy penalty.

For this installing cameras ought be done at prime places along with 'smart card' for all vehicles and 'citizen card' for the all people.

It is so simple.
Old 23rd November 2008, 05:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are the new sets of criminal which is growing fast as India's Growth story. If we dont check/pause them then we will have tough time to tackle them. These Criminals are most of them are Yellow Board vehicle in our country. Becos of our India's +VE growth these drivers find a way on the road. Its good that they got Bread and Butter but at the same time they
create a havoc on the road makeing our other peoples life is on dengour.
1. They drive as if they have permissable to break the rule.
2. They have permission to dash/hit any vehicle and human being intensenaly.
3. They are mostly operated by some politicians/high-profile people. The saddest part in Indian politics.
4. Police never catch them as they get monthly hafta.
5. There vehicle is fitted with all un-acceptable fittings.(Horn/Blinking lights/No plates...)
7. Shows cabbies unity un-neccessary

List keeps goes on !!!

Is there any way to ping them ...
This generalisation is mostly true, at least in Bangalore. It is all about statistics and percentage wise, the cabbies/yellow boards have a higher concentration of drivers exhibiting this behaviour than private cars.

Also cabbies usually do not care about a scratch/dent, while the private owner certainly does.

The last part about unity is very true, if a cabby is involved in an accident, other cabbies stop by and unit against the third party, regardless of who the offender is. Same is the case even if the cab has been involved in a fatal accident.

Here is a shocker - from one of my office cab drivers - "So what if I happen to kill a person in an accident, the fine is just Rs 3000/-". Agreed that this is the callous nature of one guy, but many of them just don't care. I have had to warn many drivers through my transport desk not to drive rash and get us killed.

But any of us ever wondered why these people end up behaving the way they do? It is because of the mental stress of being in traffic day in/day out. It wears you down and brings out the beast in you.
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post

But any of us ever wondered why these people end up behaving the way they do? It is because of the mental stress of being in traffic day in/day out. It wears you down and brings out the beast in you.
Its the job nature for them... A farmer get frustrated if rains does not come. A IT prof works days out and in while delivery of the product with out going home. But for that you can't blame other or can't show your frustration to some other people.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post

That is the way of India. You cannot do anything. The problem is going to rise. And as we cannot change or fight it, we must Tolerate it, thats all. Tolerating these guys is our way of life and duty.

In my city its the auto richshaw-wallahs that drive bad. Reason : More than 95% autos are owned by Policemen. So they can do overloading ( shared richshaw = 5 rs for approx 3-5 kms ), break laws, hit any one, put scratch to any vehicle on the road, etc. The private rickshaw owner care about their possessions, but if you see a careless person, well dont mess with him for the your and your family's safety.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:27   #11
BHPian

@aaggoswami No you are wrong here. Some how some body has to go against this. Else the day will come when It will be not possible to go for a walk too in the street. We will have these forum to discuss on car but not have opportunity/peace to drive on the road.
Toleration has a limit. If we cross then there will be another big fight with this idiot.

I miss the Kolkata Public here...

Last edited by Sowmya : 23rd November 2008 at 23:28. Reason: Update content
Old 24th November 2008, 10:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post

All of them are not so.

Yes, But you can see them as Private buses (Dinigual road, Theni Road, Sivangangai Road etc). In CBE they are in Tirupur road, Pollachi road, and the most dangerous road - CBE- Mettupalayam road. No rules, no ethics they have no one to block too.
Old 27th November 2008, 00:18   #13
BHPian

Some Incident posted by other Member.
-------------------------------------------

Hi

This is my first post, and I am a new joinee in this wonderful forum, and starting my first post with this issue.

This menance of ITES cabs are increasing day by day in big cities every where in India. They drive like maniacs on the street, kills dogs near our office every day, dents cars, block the whole street and threatens people. (Our office is in an IT hub, and there are at least 70 BPO cabs around any day)

Last Sunday, one of my friend’s 15 day old Spark was rear ended by a BPO cab of Wipro (Mahindra Bolero), near a place called “Chingrihata”, way to Sec V, the IT hub of Kolkata. It was so badly impacted, that the rear seat was broken. Luckily no one was hurt. So he comes out, and asks the cab why did he do this. The reply was “If you take car out on the roads, these things are bound to happen. You may do whatever you please”, and threatened him, with employees of the BPO in the cab watching.

So my friend takes down the number, uses his connection, and goes to Salt Lake police station. Since he had already taken some names, the police promptly goes to the hub of these cabs, which is behind WIPRO SEZ, in Sec V. There it was found that the driver was boasting to his mates how he scarred away a “bhadrolok” (quintessential Bengali gentleman). The police catch him, and asks the Company admins present to pay up. They deny, and say that this is not their look out, as these transportation has been outsourced to Mahindra Logistics company. Then the police calls up the owner of the cab, who had rented his jeep to Mahindra Logistic. He comes, after 3 hours, and is told to pay up. He refuses initially. Then police asks my friend if he was OK with getting his car impounded by police, along with the BPO vehicle, so that they can pursue case. He was game, but this scarred the hell out of the owner. He pleaded not to do so, as it would take away his living. Then a solution was reached, and friend calls up Dulichand Motors, GM distributors in Kolkata. They give a rough estimate of Rs 35, 000. Owner of the cab pleads helplessness to pay so much, and a deal was settled for Rs 25, 000, and the owner finally pays.

I think we should stand our ground sometimes, connections or no connections, and see what happens.
Old 27th November 2008, 00:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some Incident posted by other Member.
-------------------------------------------
This is why in US we are required to carry liability insurance in name of the driver. I probably have a million $ coverage.

If your friend complains of a neck pain from the backlash, the insurer of the driver would not only pay the 35,000 but also a couple lakhs for the physical and mental injury.

why did not the cops ask him to get it from his third party insurance? and if he did not have it, why did they leave the cab on road.it shuld be impounded.

and before I go on praising the system here, let me admit that insurance and judgments with large $ amounts are the reason everything is so inflated in this country, that ultimately led to the financial crisis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks