Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 13:08   #31
BHPian

i hope fiat isnt going the GM way offering price-cuts and discounts for every festival...but then again, they have to sell come what may!
Old 17th October 2008, 13:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Palio Stile 1.6 Sports : Rs 3.99L

All the prices are w/o Octroi

Cheers~
rudrah, does 3.99 L then not mean ex-showroom price?.
I guess octroi would be included for the ex-showroom price.
What would be the ex-showroom price be then?.
Sorry if my assumptions are wrong and if it is a dumb
question.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:54   #33
BANNED

If the dealer is coming with an offer like this for an occasion then it is good for palio and for consumers.
Fiat can't phase out the Palio MJD this early as they don't have an exact replacement for it and it will send wrong signals to the market.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:58   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Of course, dealers cannot make this offer without the company knowing or approving.
Agreed sirs, what I'm trying to say is - technically, there is a difference between the company slashing prices and dealers offering discounts.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:17   #35
BHPian

I think this scheme is to push sales, create hype in the market and build image. It shows Tata-Fiat's commitment to Palio.

This morning (within an hour) I happened to see 2 MJDs (Blue and Furance Red) in Thane GB Road. Looks like quite a few buyers have taken advantage of Free Insurance Scheme on MJD launched last month and I am sure more would take advantage of this new Diwali scheme.

IMO, MJD is launched 7 months back. Tata-Fiat just can't phase it out for atleast another 2-3 years atleast. I think otherwise, if above sales strategy works we may see a facelift MJD.

One thing we shouldn't forget is now Fiat is not on it's own in India, it's a 50:50 joint venture between Tata and Fiat. Tata also has a vested interest in the company. Tata knows that customers going for Indica vs Palio are different, hence, MJD and VISTA rather than competing each other would co-exist giving a fight to Swift. That's the strategy.

Hence Palio lovers go get your passion and Indica lovers do I need to tell that the new VISTA is a true VFM car. cheers:
Old 17th October 2008, 18:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The print advertisements that I have seen clearly indicate that these are dealer offers.
True, the ad mentions this very clearly. The ad is on today's Bangalore TOI too, and it also mentions that the offer is for the 'Month of October'.

So, rush if the Palio is what you wanted...
Old 18th October 2008, 17:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Price drop has nothing to do with phasing out!
Old 18th October 2008, 18:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is madness.

Either they spend money in GOOD marketing. Someone needs to answer for ALL the money which was spent on 500, and has resulted in zilch pushing of MJD sales. And for neglecting the brand.

Tata is criminally aiding the neglect through completely shoddy salesmen. Fiat of course has its ostrich head buried in the ground too deep to bother.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:04   #39

The discounts on MJD are offered only on the SD variant and not on the relatively faster selling SDE and SDX variants.
Old 18th October 2008, 21:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Of course, dealers cannot make this offer without the company knowing or approving.
may be the company would probably share 50% of the discount.
last month soon after the launch of vista, Tata GAVE RS 25,000 disount to indica dls model, in tamil nadu and pondy. the advt mentioned it as dealer offer. but a showroom guy i contacted, told me that company will give them the 50% of the offer amount that ~12,000 rs.
maybe this one too like that.
BTW, advt says offer till 25th oct. in case the delivery takes more than 2 weeks, if one books now and the invoice is raised on after 25th, will the person booking now get that discount? i dont think so. correct me if i am wrong.
Old 19th October 2008, 11:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
may be the company would probably share 50% of the discount.
last month soon after the launch of vista, Tata GAVE RS 25,000 disount to indica dls model, in tamil nadu and pondy. the advt mentioned it as dealer offer. but a showroom guy i contacted, told me that company will give them the 50% of the offer amount that ~12,000 rs.
maybe this one too like that.
BTW, advt says offer till 25th oct. in case the delivery takes more than 2 weeks, if one books now and the invoice is raised on after 25th, will the person booking now get that discount? i dont think so. correct me if i am wrong.
The build quality of Palio is far better then Vista and Swift. It is VFM with this offer, and there is a corporate Discount of around 5k so it comes 20k+5K=25k. Now this is tempting. cheers:
Old 19th October 2008, 14:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is madness.
Tata is criminally aiding the neglect through completely shoddy salesmen. Fiat of course has its ostrich head buried in the ground too deep to bother.
Can you please explain a little bit about the the shoddy salesmanship ? cause Monday onwards I don't want to be called a Shoddy Salesman
Old 19th October 2008, 17:59   #43
BHPian

Hi,

Called Wasan motors yesterday and they confirmed 20k off on the Palio MJD SDX model.

Cheers
M M
Old 19th October 2008, 18:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

Muneem ji,

I have not yet met a single dealership who could justify anything for the palio other than european looks/build quality for MJD over Vista, while they sing paeans for Vista.

Shameful is the only word.

Let me not even get started on the lack of publicity. they publicised the 500 alot more, and those useless TV ads - it doenst tell people that MJD is there and that it rocks!

Forget affordable spares - that's another thread
Old 20th October 2008, 00:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Muneem ji,
I have not yet met a single dealership who could justify anything for the palio other than european looks/build quality for MJD over Vista, while they sing paeans for Vista. Shameful is the only word.
Oh Come on, it's a goddamn old car that should be put to sleep,ASAP other than what was said above what else does it boast ? Better Handling? No. Better Ride ? Yes ? Fuel Efficiency ? No .Low Cost of spares ? No. Better Rear Seats ? Big Yea. and That Is It.

I think the Shoddy Salesmanship and whole unprofessional approach might be because of the difference between the professional Japanese,Germans and Other European Manufacturers(Unprofessional Renault,Fiat,Skoda) atleast in India.

Having said that i have to sell 2 Palios within the next 10 days.that's my months target for the time being.

Most Viewed