Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 00:08   #76
Senior - BHPian

So should we be discussing the 30 odd thousand bucks discount on the Palio vis-a-vis the 25-40 thousand buck discount that MUL seems to be running perpetually on the WagonR, Alto, Estilo for the past 15 months?

In fact, Maruti discounts are so permanent that everybody considers them as good as ex-showroom prices here in Delhi, including us when we bought an Alto in the family last year.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
ok...in that case, why does a Palio 1.6 has a lower FE compared to similarly powerful but much heavier VTECS or even a Corolla? other than the low price, what advantage does a palio 1.6 have over a VTEC or a Corolla?
Look at you, now you are talking, and I am liking it. I am sure Palio is the one to be compared with Vtech, and Sure with a Corolla either.
But what u say is wrong. Vtech is not at all heavier than palio unless 3 people sitting in it.

If not for exaggeration how will 1KMPL difference makes VTEC give better mileage?

Mileage is directly dependent on ones driving conitions, the fuel used, and the way one respect his vehicle in terms of its maintenance, My S10 gives 9-11 KMPL in city conditions, and 12-15 on Highways. I am sure it will make Vtech smell my tyres.

Palio is much safer, effiecient and long lasting than above mentioned cars. So definely True Value for money.

Quote:
other than to a rich kid with a fat allowance (or to someone driving hardly few 100 kms a month), what advantage does a palio 1.6 give to the owner?

its the least sensible hatch back for a daily commute. what use is the "driving pleasure" with the 100 odd horses in heavy traffic when one has to pay through the nose for fuel?
I bet Palio is not at all a car for unpractical people, who expect sun moon, and stars for dirt cheap cost.
Definitely not a car for A-B, B-A point drivers.

Its only for people who are driving not commuting, but in safe hands.

I never understand why people blame cars for their ability of usage and decision.

Torque plays in Traffics, and I enjoy. If people buy your idea, every body end up buying Altos for city, not any powerful cars. Why this funda only for Palio? Why not for a Honda, CRV, SRV blah blahs?

Quote:
most of the people who look for cars in the price range of the 1.6 are commuters who typically own only one car.

it looks like the main target of palio 1.6 are people whose fuel bills are paid by daddy dear or fully reimbursed at their work place. but in order to capture that market, Palio has to jazz up its interiors, provide stuff like ABS etc (and compete with, say, the Chevy SRV)

i respect Fiat a lot, esp for its diesel engine, but i just cannot relate to the blind fanboy attitude many have towards an impractical car that is far from value for money.
People have wide range of choice to pick their cars, so if one dont like it, manufacturers wont stop manufacturing.

If one cant afford a palio, and dont understand its value, it doesnt mean nobody can. Affordability is a factor while they choose their car.

One who cant afford, shouldnt take powerful cars. But not blame their FE.

No power comes so cheap.

To clarify Palio is the first car in its segment to bring in ABS, EBD, Air Bag. Please comment only with some basis, not with roumors. You can check with SRV owners if they would be ready to compare SRV with a Palio S10.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:11   #78
BHPian

dude happywheels

I am trying to muscle my way to some more discount on a dec 2007 in pune but they do ont sem to be going beyond 3.5 on road do tell me of ways in which i can bring the cost of the car to the 2.65 levels.. IT will be a dream to own a machine so nice at such a price.
Old 25th October 2008, 12:51   #79
BHPian

Guys, I'm trying to search for Palio MJD spares prices, both regular servicable spares and accidental repair spares. Can some palio MJD user tell me the parts prices? How expensive are the spares compared to the Swift DDIS? and availability period of the said parts.
Thanks in advance
Old 26th October 2008, 00:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Guys, I'm trying to search for Palio MJD spares prices, both regular servicable spares and accidental repair spares. Can some palio MJD user tell me the parts prices? How expensive are the spares compared to the Swift DDIS? and availability period of the said parts.
Thanks in advance
PM phamilyman, he did that comparo before buying his Swift VDi a couple of months ago. And at the moment, Fiat parts are higher than MUL. But largely it depends upon whether the ASC you go to has the Brazilian / Italian spare or the Indian ones. e.g. the "lancia" oil filter is Rs 425/- now but they are expecting the new one soon which is Indian and will be about Rs 200/- or so (Swift is 220/- I think). Similar story for most parts.

The bumper is around 11k and the headlamp is 6k (double barrel adds to the cost)
Old 26th October 2008, 00:25   #81
Team-BHP Support

Oil filter for the Swift DDiS is 375 bucks, if bought from an authorized MASS
Old 26th October 2008, 01:20   #82
BHPian

@architect- Thanks for the oil filter info. I have the info on the swift DDIS spares list which I found on the Logan website.
I guess the MJD & Vista share the same engine & consumables (like oil, air/ fuel filter, gearbox parts) Also what about parts like suspension, clutch & pressure plates with bearing, driveshafts, Wheel bearings, brake pad sets, suspension struts, etc.?
I recall that windows of the MJD were asahi India make- compared to the saint gobain glasses & windshield (brazil make) of the older palios.
@Eddy - AFAIK Oil filter of DDIS- 420 bucks & air filter- 375 bucks Are you aware of the turbocharger make of the DDIS? how different is it from the MJD?
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:46   #83

Palio Stile at Reduced Prices in Bangalore

Hey Guys..Just saw an advt in the paper saying the Palio Stile 1.1 is now at 3.1L and 1.3MJT at 4.29...
What do you think?
Is this to make way for the bravo's and linea's
or if stile going for a phase out??? or just a cut due to inflationary prices???
Was thinking of going over tmmrw to the showroom to check out! snce am plaaning on a hatch myself...
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanverdes1 View Post
Hey Guys..Just saw an advt in the paper saying the Palio Stile 1.1 is now at 3.1L and 1.3MJT at 4.29...
What do you think?
Is this to make way for the bravo's and linea's
or if stile going for a phase out??? or just a cut due to inflationary prices???
Was thinking of going over tmmrw to the showroom to check out! snce am plaaning on a hatch myself...
Maybe trying to sell of 2008 stock. How can the Palio make way for the Bravo ? Except for some showroom space ?
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Maybe trying to sell of 2008 stock. How can the Palio make way for the Bravo ? Except for some showroom space ?
He probably meant Punto...
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:52   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

The Palio is to be phased out in 2010 according to Fiat India sources. The 1.3MJD is a very new engine but the Palio is a dated car with outdated interiors. I will hence not go for the Palio Stile even with the massive discounts. The Swift VDi or even the Indica Vista are better. The Punto is due for a launch in Feb 09 and that's the car one must go for if at all it has to be a Fiat.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:02   #87

Hey where did you hear that? Is your source authentic? I am inclined to think that the Palio Stile will be carried on for a lot longer than 2010...
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:07   #88
Senior - BHPian

Not really yaar. You get it cheap, it runs ultra reliable, that's the point. And all said, its a truly practical car except if you're in North India and love to tour.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:21   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

If the price reduction is true, the Palio MJD is fantastic VFM now.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:30   #90
BHPian

Even I saw the ad. Guess it is clerance of 2008 stock that everyone normaly does. Also with Linea slated soon, the clearance becomes significant - more VFM now. Good for those planning to buy in December.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks