Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 10:00   #1
BHPian

Vista Aqua "Sport"

Hi Guys,

A new post after eons. Feels good to be back on tbhp. Went to the dealers yesterday (Pratham Auto) to pay the balance on my new Vista Aura Quadrajet and lo and behold what do I see a "New" variant. Well almost.

Was told that it is a "Bridge" model due to too many aqua's in stock and not many aura's. We all know that TML bet on the wrong horse here and thought the lower spec aqua will sell more than the top end aura. They also have some sort of problem I was told with the suppliers of the beige panels that seems to be the cause of the Aura's present scarcity. Don't know the real story but anyways here is what I saw yesterday:

The Vista Aqua Sport:
  • Body coloured bumpers, door handles and mirrors.
  • Same Music system as the aura.
  • Alloy wheels.
  • "Sporty" gfx stickers on the rear doors.
  • Roof Antenna shifted to the rear instead of the front of the roof.
  • Black/grey interiors.
So basically it is a jazzed up aqua built by the dealer to get rid of excessive stock. All the above costs Rs.35000/- more and works out at approx Rs.5,480000/- OTR in Pune.

Was very tempted to change to this as preferred the black interiors plus alloys but they could not deliver a Gala Red car this week. Since I have now waited for 6 weeks for the Aura and it is now scheduled to be delivered on the 27th am sticking to the original plan.

Just thought I would share this.

See you on the flip side with my next TML adventure!

Happy Motoring!!!

Last edited by turbanman : 25th November 2008 at 10:01.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome back, and thanks for the info!
what alloys were these ?
Old 25th November 2008, 10:15   #3
tez
BHPian

the alloys are the same ones which are displayed on the brochure and are OEM.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Brand of alloys?

OT - Nice typo though - I was shocked to see a Tata car for Rs 54 lakhs!!
Old 25th November 2008, 11:49   #5
BHPian

WOW!!!!

this is one hell of a VFM deal! u would only miss the rear wiper and driver seat height adjustment!
Old 25th November 2008, 12:31   #6
BHPian

Not sure if "Sports" is VFM option. Vista Aura is 5.41 OTR ( Pandit Auto ). As C-A-D has pointed out, it does not have rear wiper and Driver seat height adjustment which is more important function than some graphics on the doors.

I would still anyday put my money on Aura than dealer spruced up Aqua to sports.

BTW, does Aura comes with Alloys? I do not remember the same when I TD Aura couple of weeks back.

takecare & drive safely
Old 25th November 2008, 13:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Brand of alloys?

OT - Nice typo though - I was shocked to see a Tata car for Rs 54 lakhs!!
Oops long time no type....sorry.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised how our companies just add some silly things to a car and call it the 'Sports' package. Maruti, Tata etc all of them do this. A Sports package is traditionally supposed to be a performance oriented variant of the car. Here they put some stickers on and call it a sports package.

PS: Now I know why K&N stickers are so expensive. Put one and straight away 10 bhp.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Not sure if "Sports" is VFM option. Vista Aura is 5.41 OTR ( Pandit Auto ). As C-A-D has pointed out, it does not have rear wiper and Driver seat height adjustment which is more important function than some graphics on the doors.

I would still anyday put my money on Aura than dealer spruced up Aqua to sports.

BTW, does Aura comes with Alloys? I do not remember the same when I TD Aura couple of weeks back.

takecare & drive safely
Hi, sadly the alloys are extra for the Aura hence the sports version seems rather good VFM.

Also forgot to mention Art Leather seat covers (Black with Red) were also part of the "Sports" Package!

The one weird bit is that they have stuck a new roof antenna at the rear and left the stub of the original one on the front. Looks very corny.

Last edited by turbanman : 25th November 2008 at 13:24.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:27   #10
BHPian

I have seen the same car. (i.e. at Pratham) Not impressed at all. All the extras are done by the dealer as turbanman has already said. And it shows, the quality of work done is not up to mark. The fitting of seat covers is not great and the paint shade matching (for door handles and OVRMs) is not exact. The stickers spoils the design form of the car. Didn't notice the ill positioning of antena though.

And all these things as a aftermarket fitment will cost less than 35K, and then one gets to choose.

Last edited by Bouncer : 25th November 2008 at 14:29.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:35   #11
BHPian

Vista - Reason for no factory fitted Alloys

When it did a Test drive of of Swift, the discussion with the Sales person revealed that, To get the Tax benefit for sub 4meter car, apart from the length we know it should have less than 1500 cc for Diesel and 1200 CC for Petrol.

But it also should have Less than 5Lacs Ex-showroom price in-order to qualify 12% Tax. If that crosses 5L than 24% (I guess).

In order to keep the price of the car less Tata is supplying OEM alloys to the dealer as accessory and not factory fitted, which would push it to different price band.

This is one of the reason to delay the ABS / Airbag Variant, which could push the top end model to high price and negative sentiment about the higher price floating around the potential customers (could be by Maruti or Hyndai sales persons, when comparing the price).

They have also delayed the Indigo CS "Dicor" version for this reason.
correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by TeddyBear : 25th November 2008 at 14:37.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

the irony is even worse when some companies sell AT versions as the sports edition
Old 25th November 2008, 19:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the irony is even worse when some companies sell AT versions as the sports edition

True, and sometimes just painting it yellow and sticking two stripes on does the trick too....
Old 25th November 2008, 19:36   #14
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post

But it also should have Less than 5Lacs Ex-showroom price in-order to qualify 12% Tax. If that crosses 5L than 24% (I guess).

In order to keep the price of the car less Tata is supplying OEM alloys to the dealer as accessory and not factory fitted, which would push it to different price band.

this is not correct. the only criteria was length and CC capacity. that is why ford fusion lenght was reduced to avail the tax benefit. Fusion definitely costs more than 5 lakh

correct me if iam wrong
Old 25th November 2008, 19:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post

When it did a Test drive of of Swift, the discussion with the Sales person revealed that, To get the Tax benefit for sub 4meter car, apart from the length we know it should have less than 1500 cc for Diesel and 1200 CC for Petrol.

The excise duty levied by the Central Govt. is only linked to:
  1. Length of the Car
  2. Engine Capacity
It's the VAT and registration charges (levied by State Govts.) that are sometimes linked to the price of the car.

Indigo CS Dicor is very much available. They've even launched DX version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks