Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 14:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
He is a ex-Honda dealership mechanic.
Now you know the source of the false information. This happens in all dealerships. Wrong information about competitors.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:57   #17
BHPian

Till what I know about Corolla, I dont think so there is any such problem. There may be some negative aspects of the car but then that's in almost all cars.
Old 26th November 2008, 18:26   #18
BHPian

I am a former Corolla user. I used the 2003 model. It had few problems, some of them very irritating.
1. There is a minor gap between the radio and the AC fitted on the dashboard. This gave a very strange irritating 'screeching' noise when I drive at above 100 kmph. I always had to limit my speed.
2. AC unused for sometime used to smell during the first usage. This according to the car dealer is due to some fungus formation on the AC filter. Maybe other cars use different filters.
3. I once drove the car into a tree and the air bags never opened up.

These are some that I can recollect.
Old 26th November 2008, 19:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
3. I once drove the car into a tree and the air bags never opened up.
The way you have said this, it almost sounds like you drove it into the tree on purpose to test airbags.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:57   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I found it pretty strange that a car battery will go dead in a little more than 2 years especially since I had got the car serviced only in May '08 (maybe they did not top up the battery levels during service).
But chances are that it was a problem with the battery rather than the car itself (experts may please comment on this).
Hi,gone are the days where the battery needed regular topup.the service have no job with the battery. so pls do not show hands on the toyota service.the problem is with the car's battery.

i have heard that the toyota are the best in service.
Old 26th November 2008, 23:46   #21
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I own a 2004 Corolla AT, which has done 26000 kms. The car is very much like new. I had to change the brake pads at 23000 kms as per the advise of Toyota service advisors. I was told that brake pads of ATs have a tendency to get worn out faster than MT (which IMO is true as there is no "engine braking" involved)

I have not experienced problems with Aircon compressor as of now (touch wood) and i have not tried taking her in knee deep waters (i dont use this car when it rains), so i can't comment on those.

Seems like a "die-hard" ex-Honda mechanic, doing his bit to bring down the second hand (corolla) prices which are already looking Southwards after the launch of Altis!!!
Old 27th November 2008, 19:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
The reason I am saying "as such" is that a month back I tried to open the car (after a week of holiday) with the remote key and was unable to do so. Upon opening the car via the doorlock, I found that the car wouldn't even take the initial ignition (i.e. at the first turn of the key when all the dashboard lights come on). I found the battery totally drained off and dead and had to replace it. I found it pretty strange that a car battery will go dead in a little more than 2 years especially since I had got the car serviced only in May '08 (maybe they did not top up the battery levels during service).
But chances are that it was a problem with the battery rather than the car itself (experts may please comment on this).
In today's car the battery acts as power house and heart of the car. Since the auto lock and other functions are totally dependent on the battery, it needs constant charge. In other words the engine should be on atleast for few minutes every two days or so.

It is advisable to disconnect the battery and lock the car manually , if one is going for holidays of more than 2-3 days.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks