Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 18:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If TATA wants its products not to be utilized as tourist vehicles, then they must do it with better products i.e. giving better petrol motors like Wagon R/Santro/Swift have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Oh no..no. If Tata made Indica similiar to Wagon R /Swift/ Santro, I would have never bought it. I would miss out on the space or highway handling or rear seat comfort or wider tires or the independent suspension or roll-over properties or robustness of build or ...or...
Sridhga, aggoswami is talking about the engine, not the space or suspension.
Personally, I have never been a fan of TATA's petrol engines. They are still a long long away from matching Japanese/Koreans in this department.

Last edited by DCEite : 26th November 2008 at 18:17.
Old 26th November 2008, 18:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The DICOR engine of indixx has been a failure.
the man is a happy owner of an XL dicor
Old 26th November 2008, 18:33   #18
BHPian

On the same lines the 1.4L petrol Xeta GLX might get phased out to make space for the Vista Saffire.
Old 26th November 2008, 19:01   #19
WDB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
On the same lines the 1.4L petrol Xeta GLX might get phased out to make space for the Vista Saffire.
In fact the GLX 1.4 L had been stopped atleast two months back, i had a tough time to find a single peice in A'bad when i had zeroed in on it. In fact there was only a single piece between three different dealers and he was offering a good bargain also, however finally settled for an Safire Aura
Old 26th November 2008, 19:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The DICOR engine of indixx has been a failure.
the man is a happy owner of an XL dicor
Well a failed product doesn't always mean a bad product

Yes like I said earlier I believe only GLE is available, not sure if another version is too but top end GLX is stopped.
Old 26th November 2008, 20:47   #21
BHPian

Will this have an impact on the resale of existing DLG/DLX V2 Indicas?
Old 26th November 2008, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Is there any problems with Petrol Engine of Xeta and/or for procuring spare parts?
What is the expected mileage?
go for it if it is the Xeta with the 1.4 engine. it has better power and somehow better FE too (because of torque?), compared to the 1.2(or is it 1.1) Xeta.

maintenance wont be a problem.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 26th November 2008 at 21:36.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:11   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Super! Fantastic. In effect:

Tata Indica : Taxi, commercial / budget use

Vista : Personal use.

I only wish the Vista wasn't callled & didn't look so much like the Indica. That would make its positioning solid.
TAXI !!!!YES thats how my friends used to call my car till oct2008. I did own a indica dls 2004 and always use to kick myself .i always use to tink why tata is not acting on it.

Now they did it,Indica V2 for taxi and people with low budget and vista for others...

Am now happy with my swift VDI and am not gonna enter that dark place called TATA authorized service station anymore in my life.

Happy motoring!!!
Old 27th November 2008, 09:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

heh, after reading the fiat resto threads, I was thinking, Probably 30 years from now, We'll be telling our kids on the Indian classics section - "thats a rare indica dicor, manufactured in 2008 only" , or "thats an indica turbo DLX, manufactured from 2005 to 2008 - note that its a DLX from the black B pillar and rear wiper, not sure if its pre or post 2007 since the lights and bumper may have been changed"
Old 27th November 2008, 09:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
heh, after reading the fiat resto threads, I was thinking, Probably 30 years from now, We'll be telling our kids on the Indian classics section - "thats a rare indica dicor, manufactured in 2008 only" , or "thats an indica turbo DLX, manufactured from 2005 to 2008 - note that its a DLX from the black B pillar and rear wiper, not sure if its pre or post 2007 since the lights and bumper may have been changed"
Count my XL Dicor in!
Old 27th November 2008, 11:03   #26
BANNED

@deepclutch, xeta gets has better FE than mentioned here. Ownership reviews on this forum mention 12ish in city and 13-14 on Highway. Low resale for xeta is mostly due to small number and the "fear" factor. The xeta owners I know are happy with their vehicles.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Knew Kms run is very low.claimed 20K .I dont know about the engine version though.
But it is a let down that the mileage is so low.I`m out.better hunt for the diesel one.
Should count on initial investment difference on Diesel car and the your day to day usage requirements
Old 25th December 2008, 09:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
PS: check if there are any indica dicor's in stock, and get the DLG (unless you plan to use it only for city driving, in which case the lack of an intercooler wont be felt much, and the 13" wheels of the DLS turbo will be easier to steer)
@greenhorn: The indica v2 dicor is still in production. They have only eliminated the Turbo variants of the indica v2.
The indica v2 dicor is actually 12,000 Rs more expensive than the Indica Vista TDi Aqua but they were offering 25000 Rs discount on the dicor for december.
But I think the variant of dicor didnt have power windows and only had power steering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks