Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 17:27   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - 70K off till weekend on SX4

Hi guys,

I got a call from one of the Maruti Dealers a couple of mins ago. I had enquired about a SX4 a couple weeks back with them. The sales guy is desprate I think he offered me a 70K off on a VXi model with a Stereo and 4 speakers and 3rd year extended warranty thrown into it.

Conversation goes like this

-why the huge discount?
Answer: We need to clear stocks sir, no sales this month.
- Is this a Demo car?
Answer: No all demo cars are registered in our name and we sell them at True Value.
-Are there any defects noticable or inside(a little sternly be honest man)?
Answer: You can inspect the car at the Godwon, sir
-Whats the Odo reading?
Answer: 20 Kms
-Can you do more than 70K, i think I need Alloy wheels, how about that?
Answer: I dont know Sir, that is too much to ask.
-What is the manufactring date? Is this a old car?
Answer: Sir I am going to be honest it is a 2007 make
-Are you serious, why are you having an year old inventory?
Answer: The car has arrived from Maruti in September Sir, once car is off loaded, we cannot return but have to sell, Maruti is taking some hit and we are taking some.
-Whats the regular discount you are offering for the SX4
Answer: all models 25k flat
-I dont I am not sure about this.
Answer: please come and inspect the vehicle with anyone sir, we are also giving an estended warranty as well.
- I will get back to you only on Saturday after talking to my expert friends and trust me they are experts, call me on saturday morning if it is still available.
Answer: Yes sir perfectly ok

Now my expert friends

Rough estimate says - 6.9 Lakh OTR

Now this is a Bargain for someone like me who is happy with a VXi, I intend to keep my car till the car starts falling apart and I do maintain my cars well so looking at a 7-8 year ownership. It does not matter to me if the car is a year old from the date of registration. As usual like every other call on the forum, I need help and advice on making the right choice.

1. What is the deal with old cars not getting sold?
2. Do any of the parts(Mechanical, Electrical, rubber etc.) detiorate without use?
3. When I go for inspection what should I be looking for?
4. Should I push for more discounts or offers?
5. Can I check with someone if the car was already registered?
6. IMP - Can the odometer be reset, and will the dealer take such a huge risk?(with the extended warranty thrown in)

Appreciate all the response.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I wish my first post in the cars section would have been my Hyderabad to Hampi roadtrip, but have an emergency now. And need all the expert comments on this.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:40   #2
BHPian

Thats taking me off my seat !! Very interesting situation mate you are in..
Its best you go and take someone who has the knowledge to inspect sx4, my personal opinion is the 2007 make shouldn't be much of a concern as you are going to keep it for a long time..

I don't see any good / valid reason for denying this offer..
Old 26th November 2008, 17:42   #3
BHPian

As long as the cars are started and are moving for a few meters at least in their go down once every 3 to 4 months, it should be fine. You may need to check up the battery and others. Also look for any under body rust and stuff.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:47   #4
BHPian

Please can anyone tell me whether the offer is only in Hyderabad or in other cities as well.
Old 26th November 2008, 18:27   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Avoid! It is a one year old car, and the SX4 sells respectfully well. Well enough for dealers to move their inventory in LESS than a year.
Old 26th November 2008, 20:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Avoid! It is a one year old car, and the SX4 sells respectfully well. Well enough for dealers to move their inventory in LESS than a year.

GTO - you stole the words of my mouth.

@Downsouth: its better if you could stike a 40-50k deal on a 2008 make on the Vxi rather than a year old
Old 26th November 2008, 21:12   #7
BHPian

Hi Downsouth,

I find something fishy in this transaction. I just called up the dealer manager I bought my car from and know him since last 5 years. He said for SX4 there is no desperation as inventory is kept in control by Maruti. VXi is not doing badly as there is demand for it in the travel segment.

IMHO Maruti engines last long, so dont fall for the extended warranty to make you believe that everything is fine.

And I dont believe the argument that Maruti unloaded a year old car onto them and they are innocent bystanders. So be careful.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:02   #8
BHPian

Something is terribly wrong here. I guess it is a factory reconditioned car, for whatever reasons. It is impossible for a VXI to stay on for a year anywhere as stagnant inventory. Just not possible. The story is patchy and just like what the others are saying 70k is not worth the risk.

If you still want to go ahead treat it as a used car since 2007 and bargain another 30-40k off the asking price.

BH.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Imagine you bought a SX4 last year and hardly drove it for a year - did about 100KM. You now want to sell it.
How much would you expect from it?
The discount does not appear worth it - will a 1 year old SX4 be worth that much even if impeccably maintained?
And others have already voiced their concern about how genuine this 'offer' is
Old 27th November 2008, 15:14   #10
BHPian

is it acer motors?

Hi downsouth,

Was the dealer's name Acer motors (tirumalgiri) ?

I went there to check out the SX4 in June 2008. And I cribbed a lot about lack of discounts.

After i went home, the sales guy calls me in the evening and says they have one 2007 model with 60k discount.
I asked him if it was a TD car. He said no it was a showroom display car.

Maybe its the same one!
Old 27th November 2008, 16:47   #11
BHPian

Hi guys

Thanks for your response and all the your messages. I am sure this is not worth the efforts. Spoke to a service engineer in Saboo(another Maruti dealer in hyderabad) regardging the SX4 on offer. Seems like some cars are lying around in dealerships which were either used as demo vehicles or were returned due to the initial problems with the gearbox.

After hearing from you guys and the chap at Saboo, I decided to drop the idea. So any of the forum members get similar offers better to avoid.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:01   #12
BHPian

@rajen83 No, its not acer. But this was at Mithra Agencies in Himayathnagar. Its a Sliver color VXi. I dont if its the same sales guy, though .
Old 27th November 2008, 17:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hi guys

Thanks for your response and all the your messages. I am sure this is not worth the efforts. Spoke to a service engineer in Saboo(another Maruti dealer in hyderabad) regardging the SX4 on offer. Seems like some cars are lying around in dealerships which were either used as demo vehicles or were returned due to the initial problems with the gearbox.

After hearing from you guys and the chap at Saboo, I decided to drop the idea. So any of the forum members get similar offers better to avoid.
I'm just thinking is there anything possible to act on this legally? If Saboo Motors is saying that this should be a Demo car (Why is the seller saying not??) and if the sx4 initially had gear box issues, then why didn't this car get rectified?

I think there should be a way out of this to catch this kind of dealers..I'm not sure if MIL is aware of this

@downsouth : Do you want to try sending an email to Maruti India about this?
Old 27th November 2008, 20:25   #14
BHPian

@crn12 IMO its worth following up with Maruti. Moreover remember that this was a telephonic conversation and no written communication. Personally I am one of those very satisfied maruti customer for the last 13 years first with a 800(96) and then a Esteem(2004). I am convinced that they produce excellent cars and more. So this was one of those incidents which I am sorry It happened but I guess happens all the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks