Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 15:20   #16
BHPian

Obviously car interiors is important for everyone. While driving we spend most of our time in the car and not outside the car. When I talk about a car, I look at the level of comfort in the car interior. By comfort I mean, space, functional features, and friendly technologies.
Old 11th December 2008, 02:06   #17
BHPian

Our last 3 cars were diesel and we always loved diesel and me and dad had decided that we will always buy a diesel car but when i turned 18 and my turn came, i went in for the civic over octavia.
Only one reason, interior .
Economically it was a very bad decision because octavia is a lot cheaper even maintenance wise and all but...
Also the better performance of civic is only a bonus to me as i drive 20 kms everyday in heavy traffic so its pickup and power don't matter that much.
Point is, i fell in love with the interior and couldn't look at any other pros and cons.
Old 13th December 2008, 14:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
My priorities would be performance, looks, ease of driving & then the interiors. I love to have nice interiors, but not at the cost of performance.
+1 to that. Interior doesn't only have to mean nice looking and with features, even the quality of the plastics and finish used must be good.
Old 13th December 2008, 15:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

reliabilyt, performance and other things aside, while choosing between good exteriors vs good interiors the latter would get my vote
Old 13th December 2008, 16:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
some Indian cars have crappy interiors. we were used to it. but in the last few years things have started changing. and it seems the internal environment is as important as the exterior looks.

this leads to the following questions.

1)so would the cars interior be a priority to you? while selecting the car

2) would you base the decision of buying the car based on the interiors.

whats your opinion on this?
i agree to what you say but-

1) the car's interiors are not the first priority, it maybe the second or third.

2) partly. if the interiors are very crappy (i wont name cars here to avoid conflict), then i may look for other options. similarly, if the interiors are simply fab like the civic, it will have a huge advantage. but at the same time, even if the interiors are just average but the car is good in most other aspects, i will go for it.

my car's interiors should have-
1) lots of features- i am tech-savvy!
2) should be spacious- i dont need the most spacious car in that money, adequate space to fit me comfortable is enough.
3) the dash should have a pleasing and curvy design- no boring square/ 1980's look!
4) should have comfortable seats- no leather!
5) good and commanding driving position- SUVs...

i hope the list is not too big.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

I drive an OHC and love being in it.

Function over form!!!

Shan2nu
Old 13th December 2008, 16:29   #22
BHPian

For me, my car is like a 2nd home or my bedroom to be more precise.
M very finicky about the interior. Always keep the interior clean.
Plush seat covers, a nice fragrance and most importantly clean seatcovers enhance the interiors, and i keep them top notch in my car!
Old 13th December 2008, 19:10   #23
BANNED

Depends, for me.

Certain interiors cannot be changed - like glove compartment, dash board, the cubby holes, etc. They need to be very convenient.

Some, like seat covers, can be, so bad seat covers may not influence my decision.

Obviously, it not fit and finish alone; but convenience too matters. But interiors would carry may be 30% of total weightage; me and wifey like Indica's (Xeta) interiors, but went along with the WagonR for a/s/s/.
Old 13th December 2008, 19:50   #24
BHPian

My answer to both questions is NO. But from two equally good cars (performance wise) i would choose the one with better interiors.
Old 13th December 2008, 20:13   #25
BHPian

For me Interiors is very important.I always liked the idea of leather seats and what not.But first performance,then exterior and interior.
But i would not decide on a car based on its interiors.
Old 14th December 2008, 10:59   #26
BHPian

Interiors are quite an important factor for cars, especially when you wish to live with a car for a while. I am an enthusiast. However, not every day does one get an exciting drive. You 'll need exciting interiors to keep your mood in good sprits, especially when u are stuck in traffic.
Old 14th December 2008, 15:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

I don't care a bit about interiors. Driving seat should be ergonomic and comfortable. Give me an Alto with 200bhp and I'm more than happy. I'm single and most of the times, I'm alone in my car.

But interiors matter to people, especially when they are chauffer driven. Thats when they take their eyes off the road and start looking inside. They want more space and comfort in the backseat. If you give them Alto like power, but Civic like interiors, they are okay. They are not going to drive anyway.

So, according to me, bottom line would be, as you grow older, as your family grows, your awareness about interior grows. You want more and more space for your family. And once you grow to an extent when you're chauffer driven, front does not matter at all(unless you're going to drive sometimes).
Old 14th December 2008, 18:02   #28
BHPian

Good Interiors are very essential for me, Neat and clean, uncluttered and essential.
Its a Joy to be in a clean and good looking car
There is a life's truth that says "the inside is more important than the outside" well my expansion to that is - have a good inside it'll show on the outside too.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:52   #29
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Interiors are important but not a deciding factor in the choice of a car.

As most have replied here, good interiors can be a bonus for a performance oriented, well designed car.
Old 14th December 2008, 21:09   #30
BHPian

1) Yes, very much!
2) To some extent Yes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks