ANHC - All New Honda City 108 41.22%
Chevy Aveo 5 1.91%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 11:13   #61
BHPian

I voted for SX4 because:
1. It is rock solid
2. It has everything a normal car owner wants from the car (no ifs and buts)
3. Have experienced maruti service since last 4 years and the price and availability of spares/service gives peace of mind
4. good performance + low maintainance + safety
Old 6th December 2008, 13:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

This thread is 30 days early. Are we going to have a similar thread in January with the Fiat Linea added to the list above?
Old 6th December 2008, 14:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Time to close this thread as the UNANYMOUS Victor has been declared:

1) Chevrolet Aveo

Voted by top 2% of Bhpians who know the true pulse of ppl. Many a times the cars that are forums favorite go bust in the market and the cars that are not looked highly upon set the sales chart roling. So is the case this time. Just like Baleno, Getz, Fiesta were forum top runners, but never made it. And cars like Swift often known for their rattles and niggling quality issues made it to the top. This is what makes Aveo the indisputed leader. With the auto bailout nearly confirmed, you can expect a 3 year cashless maintainence for the car. Best in class interiors, reasonable good exteriors, great suspension... the car has everything going for it.

2) Verna CRDI

Voted by the next top 20% ppl at the forum, this car comes a close second. With power of over 100 horses and economy like a workhorse, this car has not only grown on us, but has proven its worth. With amazing high speed dynamics, great beige interiors, and safety (even though minus airbags). But of course this car will save you from costly maintainence of repairing opened airbags as there are NONE!!!

3) SX4

A truly loaded car with features. Never lets you go too fast, keeps you safe. Being heavy and slugish and giving less FE, this car ensures that you drive less thus have lower running cost. In times like these who needs car with more FE with petrol becoming cheaper by the day.

4) Fiesta S

Ford has understood our pulse as Indians. We dont need new models, just new grills and some clever rebadging would work for us Indians. No wonder MUL understood this long time ago. However not a drivers car, as most owners drive it. Therefore really cant be recommended.

5) ANHC

This car cant be recommended to any one. Coming absolutely last on this chart. Poor interiors, high cost make this car a no go in these tough economic times.

Mods as being the starter of this thread, I request you to close it as the winners have been declared. Chevrolet Aveo all the way...
Old 6th December 2008, 14:28   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

@ aseem.

Are you reading the poll correctly or rather you are reading it backward?! How did you manage to come to these conclusions? I think this thread must be kept open till linea is launched.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 6th December 2008 at 14:30.
Old 6th December 2008, 14:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

4) Fiesta S

Ford has understood our pulse as Indians. We dont need new models, just new grills and some clever rebadging would work for us Indians. No wonder MUL understood this long time ago. However not a drivers car, as most owners drive it. Therefore really cant be recommended.
For once I read that the Fiesta S is not a driver's car since its launch!

It was really exciting to see the Fiesta S coming with bigger wheels and a different suspension setup from its siblings to make justice to the market manthra "Sport or S". I wonder if you drive a Ferrari/Porsche that made you feel its not a drivers car!

Unlike the other models which gives you PVC Art Leather seat covers and red paint on the steel rims *sigh*.
Old 6th December 2008, 15:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I think this thread must be kept open till linea is launched.
Logically, a new thread should be started as lots of people who voted for any of the above cars may want to change their vote in favour of the Linea. That's why I said this thread should have started about a month from now so we could have just one thread for the C segment favourite.
Old 6th December 2008, 16:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Time to close this thread as the UNANYMOUS Victor has been declared:

... Chevrolet Aveo all the way...
I'm confused at the conclusion arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That's why I said this thread should have started about a month from now so we could have just one thread for the C segment favourite.
The logic of stating that this thread should have been started from a month now doesnt seems to be logical, because C segment launch will not stop with Linea.

Also, are you 100% sure that Linea would be launched in Jan?

Last edited by mail4loys : 6th December 2008 at 16:34.
Old 6th December 2008, 16:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
The logic of stating that this thread should have been started from a month now doesnt seems to be logical, because C segment launch will not stop with Linea.

Also, are you 100% sure that Linea would be launched in Jan?
Yes, C segment will not stop with Linea but there is no new C segment sedan scheduled to be launched for a couple of months after the Linea as opposed to the Linea and ANHC deliveries that are within a month or so from each other.

The Linea launch is scheduled on December 16 with deliveries expected to start from January.

We could have saved precious bandwidth and avoided the confusion of two near similar threads is all that I am saying.

Last edited by amit : 6th December 2008 at 16:51.
Old 6th December 2008, 18:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Since Chevrolet Aveo has been unanymously chosen as the BEST C SEGMENT car, I dont think there is any point discussing on this thread further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1081800
Old 6th December 2008, 20:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since Chevrolet Aveo has been unanymously chosen as the BEST C SEGMENT car, I dont think there is any point discussing on this thread further.

Dude why are you posting a link of this same thread last page?! Doesn't make sense!!!

Unanimously is the correct spelling by the way and as per what i see on the poll, it seems to be a "unanymous" looser...
No offense...
Old 6th December 2008, 21:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
The reason why its not reflected in sales (and its not doing poorly) is because its a drivers car. People like prefer cars which "ride" well over cars which "handle" well because of the comfort factor involved. That’s not to say that the Fiesta rides bad.
As for the cost of maintenance being high, well thats not the case I can assure you, I own a Fiesta and the costs have been fairly manageable as yet, even after completing 47K Kms in about 3 years (bought mine in the first lot).
I agree with you. I test drove All the above mentioned models and Never feel the driving comfort of any car to beat Fiesta. 100% Driver's Car.

By the Way, Voted for Fiesta without any 2nd thought.
Old 6th December 2008, 21:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Whats the point you are trying to prove here!?

I am getting nothing but more confusion! Help

Last edited by anachronix : 6th December 2008 at 21:48.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Chevrolet Aveo

Voted by top 2% of Bhpians who know the true pulse of ppl. Many a times the cars that are forums favorite go bust in the market and the cars that are not looked highly upon set the sales chart roling. So is the case this time. Just like Baleno, Getz, Fiesta were forum top runners, but never made it. And cars like Swift often known for their rattles and niggling quality issues made it to the top. This is what makes Aveo the indisputed leader. With the auto bailout nearly con
firmed, you can expect a 3 year cashless maintainence for the car. Best in class interiors, reasonable good exteriors, great suspension... the car has everything going for it.

2) Verna CRDI

Voted by the next top 20% ppl at the forum, this car comes a close second. With power of over 100 horses and economy like a workhorse, this car has not only grown on us, but has proven its worth. With amazing high speed dynamics, great beige interiors, and safety (even though minus airbags). But of course this car will save you from costly maintainence of repairing opened airbags as there are NONE!!!

3) SX4

A truly loaded car with features. Never lets you go too fast, keeps you safe. Being heavy and slugish and giving less FE, this car ensures that you drive less thus have lower running cost. In times like these who needs car with more FE with petrol becoming cheaper by the day.

4) Fiesta S

5) ANHC

This car cant be recommended to any one. Coming absolutely last on this chart. Poor interiors, high cost make this car a no go in these tough economic times.
Time to sell your Swift and buy an Aveo

Me too confused like others. What exactly are you trying to prove? I feel you are trying to uplift the 'underdog' of this poll? Some explanation would help.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 6th December 2008 at 23:29.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Time to sell your Swift and buy an Aveo

Me too confused like others. What exactly are you trying to prove? I feel you are trying to uplift the 'underdog' of this poll? Some explanation would help.
OK time for some explanation.... I was just being satirical to give everybody a good , but it so happened that no one got the joke and ppl got confused. My bad guys... Of course Aveo cant be the winner. I am just sad that no one got it...

I had given so many clues, like mentioning that Fiesta is not a DRIVERS car, as most owners drive it, meaning they dont let their drivers drive the car as its such fun to drive, but no one understood. No one got the giveaways like the car has no airbags so less maintainence... duhhh....
Old 7th December 2008, 02:19   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was just being satirical to give everybody a good , but it so happened that no one got the joke and ppl got confused.
If that was sarcastic, ya we didn't get it!!! i think now your just trying to save your skin after other people's comments!

Quote:
I had given so many clues, like mentioning that Fiesta is not a DRIVERS car, as most owners drive it, meaning they dont let their drivers drive the car as its such fun to drive, but no one understood.
That i think all understood (atleast i did) and agree with you... so one sarcastic comment with one true one is confusing!

Quote:
No one got the giveaways like the car has no airbags so less maintainence... duhhh....

Airbags deploy very rarely (only in accidents) and i would rather have that as an expense to save my life and i guess everyone would agree that no one counts the feature of having an airbag as a maintenance headache... So again confusion in your posts!!!

And one more thing... why are you hell bent on getting this thread closed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks