Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 15:20   #181
BHPian

After a visit to the Maruti dealer, the salesmen over there had just an idea of a new car being launched, but were tightlipped about it. Infact they were quite confused themselves regarding the the name and its variant and debating whether it would have the new engine and were in doubts about the car being launched with 1.3 DDis at the same time as they were still coping to match the demand and supply with Dzire and swift.!!!
One thing for sure I was left quite confused over this discussion and returned home to search on the net for more, but again cudnt get anything concrete.
Any news guys!!
Old 27th April 2009, 16:36   #182
BHPian

i love the design. its hawt. i like the tailights bright and big.

at the back they designed it that way to increase headroom at back. it liberates more space.

i have a feeling that it will have more legroom and headroom at the back compared to the swift. this is more practical. and comfortable.

i just love the Rev meter on the dash vroom vroom.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:56   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I hate the rear of Ritz/Splash but overall it looks nice, will have to wait to see it in person
+1 to that. To me the rear of the Splash/Ritz looks like a Santro that has been rear-ended by a truck.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:49   #184
BHPian

looks like Ritz will be launched soon...

I found this press release from the Maruti Suzuki site and thought should share it with you folks.

Quote:
Gurgaon, April 14, 2009

Maruti Suzuki, India's number one car-maker, unveiled the all-new K12M engine for its soon-to-be-launched hatchback Ritz.
The first car to be fitted with this brand new K12M engine will be the forthcoming premium compact car Maruti Suzuki Ritz. The Ritz will be yet another compact car to join the company's A2 (compact car) offering that include Alto, Zen Estilo, A star, Wagon R and Swift Petrol and Diesel. The Ritz is in advanced stage of preparation for a formal launch shortly. With a new technology engine, the Ritz will be positioned in the upper end of the growing compact car segment.

Maruti Suzuki unveils new Ritz K12M engine at Gurgaon plant
This press release says- it will be positioned in the upper end - means expensive than swift?
Old 27th April 2009, 20:53   #185
Senior - BHPian

K12M engine??? Holy cow, it reminds me of 'G 16 Cassified' uttered by Chris Tucker in that Jackie Chan movie!!
Names are getting fanciful by the day!
Old 27th April 2009, 21:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post

This press release says- it will be positioned in the upper end - means expensive than swift?
Maybe, rumours are it will be positioned a bit above the swift and target the i20 from Hyundai.
Old 28th April 2009, 09:36   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Maybe, rumours are it will be positioned a bit above the swift and target the i20 from Hyundai.
Well if they position it above swift, then they would be facing tough competition from i20, Skoda Fabia and soon to be launched Fiat GP in terms build quality, space and gizmos to play with in the instrument cluster. Also it might eat into the sales of swift. Still i would think it would be placed somewhere in between WagonR and Swift. Everything seems to be speculation until the company makes some formal announcement.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Well if they position it above swift, then they would be facing tough competition from i20, Skoda Fabia and soon to be launched Fiat GP in terms build quality, space and gizmos to play with in the instrument cluster. Also it might eat into the sales of swift. Still i would think it would be placed somewhere in between WagonR and Swift. Everything seems to be speculation until the company makes some formal announcement.
Skoda Fabia is not doing well at all, so I wonder what competition Maruti may have to face from it. I20 is a new product and is yet to establish itself in the segment. Further, we already have A-star positioned against i10, while the swift was against the getz, so it does make sense for Maruti to position the Ritz, which has better space than Swift against the i20.

As, for eating into the sales of Swift, that may or may not be possibe because both the cars are different in character and its the Diesel Swift which usaully sells alot rather than the petrol.

Ritz has a 1.2 while swift has a 1.3 litre engine, and that is the base on which rumours are building that it will be positioned below the swift, while on doing a reality check, even the i20 is powered by a 1.2, so does not matter if Ritz may sport the Kb12.

As you said, Everything seems to be speculation until the company makes some formal announcement, hence build quality and equipment can't be commented upon at the moment.

Regards.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:25   #189
BANNED

Maruti Ritz to give 17.8 kmpl mileage?

Source: Maruti Ritz tipped to give 17.8 kmpl mileage*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

And it says Ritz is positioned below Swift.

Another reason to believe that Ritz will be positioned below Swift is that Maruti has well defined strategy regarding engine size, pricing and car positioning. So, we can expect Ritz below Swift, considering the engine size.

(Unlike Hyundai, ofcourse. They have a 1.1L engine in the Santro, 1.1L and 1.2 L engines in slightly higher segment car i10, 1.3 and 1.1 L engines in B+ segment Getz, and a 1.2 L engine in i20! Really confused people they are. They don't know 'what' to put 'where'.)
Old 28th April 2009, 14:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

names wont make a difference in the sales for MSIL! its the name MSIL, the sales and service network all overindia etc makes the Maruti brand a house hold name.

i dont see any problems for MSIL in selling 1.2 ltr Ritz/Splash, because they never had any vehicle between 1-3 ltr engine.

since 1.2 ltr engines are being introduced by hyundai, honda etc, its time for MSIL to introduce 1.2 ltr.

i have already switched from A-star to Ritz for the more powerfull engine of 1.2 ltr.

its better to have competition among cars of MSIL brands as at the end of the day it doesnt make a difference if any of the MSIL car sells by competing among its own cars, as the money is coming into MSIL!

way to go MSIL!
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:36   #191
BHPian

Just saw yesterday on Zee Business about Ritz, that it would be launched in Mid May 09 in the 4L-5L bracket, also Jazz by Honda would also be launched in June July starting at 4.5L along with Grande Punto from Fiat starting at 5L... so three new hatchbacks in three months great news!!!!
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:39   #192
BHPian

Well all those waiting for the Ritz can mark 13th May on their calendars, as that is the date when it is going to be launched.

Will come with both 1.2 petrol and the 1.3 DDiS diesel.

Pricing will be very close to the swift.
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:52   #193
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Just saw yesterday on Zee Business about Ritz, that it would be launched in Mid May 09 in the 4L-5L bracket, also Jazz by Honda would also be launched in June July starting at 4.5L along with Grande Punto from Fiat starting at 5L... so three new hatchbacks in three months great news!!!!
This months ACI cover is the Jazz. They say that it will be priced at 6 Lakhs, which is way above the Zee Business estimate. But there is a huge difference between acceptability levels at 5 lakh and at 6 lakh in this segment.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

full details-source:info given by a person who went for training

Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Launch Date in Delhi: May 14, 2009

1.2 KB petrol
lxi
vxi
zxi

1.3 DDIS diesel
ldi
vdi
zdi

dimensions
length: 3710 mm
width: 1680 mm
height: 1590 mm
wheelbase: 2360 mm
front track: 1470 mm
rear track: 1480 mm
ground clearance: 170 mm
turning radius: 4.5 mm

luggage space: 205 litres (with seats in place)

engines:
1.2 KB series 4-cylinder petrol
1197 cc
DOHC
16 valves, 4 per cylinder
all aluminium
max power: 85 ps@5500 rpm
torque: 117 nm@4200 rpm

1.3 DDIS 4-cylinder diesel
1248 cc
DOHC
16 valves, 4 per cylinder
all aluminium
fixed geometry turbocharger with intercooler CRDI
max power: 75 ps@4000 rpm
torque: 190 nm@1,750-2,250 rpm

both engines are euro 4 ready

kerb weight
petrol: 1045 kg
diesel: 1150 kg

brakes:
front: ventilated disc
rear: drum, leading and trailing (self-adjusting)
ABS: standard on zxi/ zdi

suspension:
front: MacPherson strut & coil spring
rear: Torsion beam & coil spring

tyres:
165/80 R14 (vxi/ vdi with steel wheels)
185/70 R14 (zxi/ zdi with alloys)

fuel tank capacity: 45 litres

basic features:

Lxi/Ldi

exterior

8 colour options
  1. pearl metallic arctic white
  2. silky silver
  3. midnight black
  4. a new shade of grey
  5. a new shade of "pista green"
  6. a new shade of blue
  7. red
  8. a new shade of chocolate brown
body coloured bumpers
steel wheels with hub cap

interior
power steering
adjustible front seat head restraint

safety
4 ELR seat belts with lap belt for 5th passenger
iCATS

vxi/ vdi-adds on to lxi/ldi

exterior:
body coloured mirrors and handles
front and rear fog lamps
full wheel covers

interior:

audio system, integrated cd/mp3/wma with aux-in
2 speakers
a/c and heater
dual digital trip meter
manual central locking
all 4 power windows
rear seat single bench folding
power outlet on central console
vanity mirror on left sun visor
front and rear seat adjustable head restraints
grey and black dual tone interior
fabric insert on door trims
front seat back pocket (behind driver's seat only)
3-position central cabin light
co-driver seat under tray

safety

4 ELR seat belts with lap belt for 5th passenger
iCATS

ZXI/ ZDI-adds on to features as mentioned:

exterior:

alloy wheels with 185/70 R14 tyres
chrome plated front grille

interior:
AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
silver lining on central console
silver finished 3-spoke steering wheel
stereo remote (separate)
tilt steering
driver's seat height adjuster
pop-up tachometer
rear parcel tray

safety and security

iCATS
dual airbags
ABS standard
remote keyless entry security system
rear defogger
rear wiper and washer

Last edited by sidindica : 2nd May 2009 at 14:07.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:24   #195
evo
BHPian

@sid

Whoa, thats a very detailed post. Thank you!

Maruti is one company that sticks to its variant nomenclature across the range eh? Well, except the 800, Omni, Gypsy and the Vitara.

OT: Just saw your signature! Haha
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks