Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
visually we get a feeling that swift is wider than ritz ,but i got a feeling that ritz has a bit more usable space inside.rest of it we feel ritz is bigger than swift.i10 is not a match for ritz.ritz is more powerfull ,much fuel efficient -petrol is 17.7 km per litre.And i would like to make a point here,the turning radius is 4.7 m for ritz and GC is 170mm.
Well yes i have seen review pictures and videos of Ritz / Splash (on youtube), but i always thought it would give competition to i10. Also 17.7 is a very good FE ? Is it city or highway ?

A few more questions if you don't mind

- How is the build compared to swift ?
- Stability compared to swift ?
- Internationally Splash / Ritz is offered in 1.0 variant too. will we get that here ? I sincerely hope not.
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:01   #212
BHPian

If the Ritz turns out only 25k more than the Swift, it might well appeal to people who want a Swift-like car... but without the ubiquity of a Swift. There are SO MANY Swifts in cities now that I wouldn't want one for myself.

Flawed reasoning, perhaps, but it's true! I'm sure it'll hold true for others as well.
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:56   #213
BHPian

The reported ZDi/ ZXi models would make an interesting proposition. Hope they offer power OVRMs as well.

And the DDiS engine might get the record for being used in the most number of products- Linea, Palio, Swift, Dzire, and now Ritz. Even the Merc- Audi- VW- Skoda- BMW people cannot match this "engine deployment" across models, eh?

The Swift + pricing means MUL is not going to stop the Wagon R, right? Was worried about the resale of two I bought for office use last year!
Old 3rd May 2009, 17:13   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
The Swift + pricing means MUL is not going to stop the Wagon R, right? Was worried about the resale of two I bought for office use last year!
No, the WagonR isnt going to be axed anytime soon, though a facelift is in pipeline.
I had been quite sure that the Ritz will be positioned against i20, as we already have WagonR/Estilo,A-star,Swift competing against Santro,i10 and Getz respectively. As there is also some competetion between i10 kappa and swift petrol, another vehicle from Maruti against the i10 would had been an overkill.
I am kind of glad that rumours regarding Ritz to be positioned against i10 had been just rumours and have died down now.
It has been MUL's strategy of late, to wait and watch and then act appropriately.
Swift came after Getz, A-star after i10 and now Ritz/Splash after the i20.
However, it will be interesting to see how the splash/ritz do against the upcoming Jazz. Exciting times ahead in premium hatchback segment.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 3rd May 2009 at 17:15. Reason: mistypes.
Old 4th May 2009, 00:47   #215
Senior - BHPian

The pricing strategy is wrong again IMO. They should have placed the Petrol Splash at a 25K below the Petrol Swift. They have got the smaller engine advantage for Splash. Why do I feel that Maruti has started to overprice its products and are going the Hyundai way. They might have got carried away with the success of the overpriced i10 I think.

@ram_hyundai: Is the Splash Petrol as fun to drive as the Swift Petrol?

Splash DDiS should have been priced on par with the Swift. But ZDi is definitely a good move.
Old 4th May 2009, 00:53   #216
Team-BHP Support

@ram_hyundai, Is the plastic quality better than the swift? The A-star has better quality interiors than the Swift. Is the Ritz better or similar to swift?
Old 4th May 2009, 00:56   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
The pricing strategy is wrong again IMO. They should have placed the Petrol Splash at a 25K below the Petrol Swift. They have got the smaller engine advantage for Splash. Why do I feel that Maruti has started to overprice its products and are going the Hyundai way. They might have got carried away with the success of the overpriced i10 I think.

Splash DDiS should have been priced on par with the Swift. But ZDi is definitely a good move.
One thing I would like to know, why is it that you feel that petrol splash should be placed below petrol swift while diesel splash on par with diesel swift? Should not it be that either both models should had been placed below the respective models of swift or vice versa? Or you meant that the petrol splash should had been placed below petrol swift but the diesel splash placed above petrol swift but below diesel swift? Heck, I seem to have confused myself with all this petrol and diesel.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 01:01.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:08   #218
Senior - BHPian

Well if its priced 25K above swift then Ritz VDi with ABS - 5.5lac. At that price i would rather pick Swift VDi with ABS or Getz CRDi.

And i think for that money one will be able to buy atleast PUNTO MJD with basic features like body colored everything, power windows & steering + defogger.

But then again i don't know PUNTO's pricing hehe.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well if its priced 25K above swift then Ritz VDi with ABS - 5.5lac. At that price i would rather pick Swift VDi with ABS or Getz CRDi.

And i think for that money one will be able to buy atleast PUNTO MJD
With 5.5 lac you may even buy the Jazz, with so much glass area that it may even give a stretch limo an inferiority complex.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:45   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
One thing I would like to know, why is it that you feel that petrol splash should be placed below petrol swift while diesel splash on par with diesel swift? Should not it be that either both models should had been placed below the respective models of swift or vice versa? Or you meant that the petrol splash should had been placed below petrol swift but the diesel splash placed above petrol swift but below diesel swift? Heck, I seem to have confused myself with all this petrol and diesel.
Its simple yaar... Petrol Splash should be priced lower than Petrol Swift since Splash gets the smaller engine advantage.

As far as diesel is concerned, both get the engine advantage. Hence should be priced on par.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:06   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Its simple yaar... Petrol Splash should be priced lower than Petrol Swift since Splash gets the smaller engine advantage.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. But, MUL have been speaking about positioning Ritz as a premium option over the swift, so I guess it will cost more than the swift. Even the i20 costs more than the swift despite sporting a 1.2, hence in all probability ritz petrol shall be priced just a bit less than the i20. Anyways, rumours suggest that very soon we may see the 1.2 replacing the 1.3 in swift petrol and swift may get the excise benefit. Don't know where the rumours may actually end up and also if MUL will pass on the tax benefits to the customers.

Regards.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:26   #222
BHPian

today i did 0-60 test with i10(sprt) and swift petrol
i10 won and stayed ahead, swift could keep up, but couldnt overtake

Last edited by aerohit : 4th May 2009 at 02:29.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:32   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
today i did 0-60 test with i10(sprt) and swift petrol
i10 won and stayed ahead, swift could keep up, but couldnt overtake
Did not you do 0-100? I am quite sure, if driven properly Swift should surely be atleast one and a half car lengths ahead when it touches 100kmph. Actually, low end is not swift's strong point but as the revs build up above 2500Rpms, it really makes swift quite impressive.

EDIT-I guess you meant 0-60 kmph and not 0-60Mph, in case of latter i will be surprised why swift could not pass the i10.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 02:35.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

Lots of Q's here ,The fuel effi of 17.7 is overall.Recently ARAi had published the FE figures for all MSIL models.In that A_Star is said to give 19.6 and almost all customers are getting arround 20kmpl.On similar lines it should be the avg.Build quality of Ritz is comparable or even better than swift except the polished plastic arround the ORVM and inside B-pillar cladding towards the bottom.Very good seats and nice dash board-they call it the waterfall design.Petrol ritz should be powerfull enough with 85 ps power and the new all aluminium K series engine(remember this is the same series as the A-star engine-good fuel eff and power).Regarding the pricing of the car It would be 100cc less but its more advanced and its again all aluminium and much bigger car.Pricing generally dont go by the CC isnt it.
cheers
ram
Old 4th May 2009, 11:14   #225
BHPian

ram, is the ride bouncy? or is it better than that of the swift?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks