Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 19:03   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hey what i feel is that the rear bumper is a bit more bulbous and the front bumper is higher,remember i said GC is 170 and thats not bad at all.Any ways since i saw this one in flesh this one is going to sell and this is sure to be yet another waiting period model for sure
ram
Old 4th May 2009, 19:15   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
C'mon yaar! Santro looks much better.

Now what should I or anyone say? Looks are highly subjective to personal taste but commenting on a car's looks without seeing it in flesh is certainly not the wisest thing to do. And talking about the opinions its far better than the 'sliced by butter knife' look of gen-1 santro and i10 and more importantly it has some fresh design elements rather than those 'inspired' design jobs Hyundai is famous for. (my view)
Old 4th May 2009, 19:27   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Now what should I or anyone say? Looks are highly subjective to personal taste but commenting on a car's looks without seeing it in flesh is certainly not the wisest thing to do. And talking about the opinions its far better than the 'sliced by butter knife' look of gen-1 santro and i10 and more importantly it has some fresh design elements rather than those 'inspired' design jobs Hyundai is famous for. (my view)
I don't think something that is as ugly as this needs to be seen in flesh. If you are talking about gen-1 santro, that was ugly too. But, compare this to the present gen Santro (or i10) and what shall I say?

Frankly speaking I don't care as much for looks when I go and buy a car. But, tolerating something (and calling it beautiful) just because it is different and fresh is not my cup of tea. Anyway, this is purely my opinion, which happens to be very different from yours.

Concluding, I just want to quote something I read a while back "Never look at an ugly thing twice. It is fatally easy to get accustomed to corrupting influences."
Old 4th May 2009, 19:40   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think something that is as ugly as this needs to be seen in flesh. If you are talking about gen-1 santro, that was ugly too. But, compare this to the present gen Santro (or i10) and what shall I say?
You will be surprised to know i feel Swift is ODD from REAR In stock form it looks nothing but a FAT MAMA, but that doesn't means it is an ugly car. There loads of people who don't like Swift's rear but that doesn't makes the car UGLY.

Looks are totally subjective. Even i feel the rear of Splash / Ritz is odd but wont call the whole car ugly.
Old 4th May 2009, 20:15   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

And talking about the opinions its far better than the 'sliced by butter knife' look of gen-1 santro and i10 and more importantly it has some fresh design elements rather than those 'inspired' design jobs Hyundai is famous for. (my view)
+1 to that. No, +100 to that! Far far better than a Santro. I'm a person who usually love some designs after seeing them a lot, if not at first sight. But, even after so many years, I still can't digest the Santro design. For me, copy king Hyundai failed to add a character to that car.
Old 4th May 2009, 20:45   #246
Senior - BHPian

Was think link posted here ?
Maruti Ritz Photos Pictures
Old 4th May 2009, 22:21   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Was think link posted here ?
Maruti Ritz Photos Pictures
jk thats not the official link. Its a fan site. If you want to see some good Ritz/Splash Pics go here:

Suzuki Splash (2008) with pictures and wallpapers - page 9

The official link is:
Maruti Ritz
Old 4th May 2009, 22:26   #248
BHPian

Good, if the looks of Ritz work for some people out here. On the comment about the backside of Swift, I found it to be disproportionate, but, Ritz is a class apart. There is a difference between freaky and fresh, and, I find Ritz a little freaky. But, like everyone out here said looks are subjective. So, lets get back to discussing the more objective things

Cheers,
Su-47

P.S: I ain't no Hyundai fan boy, and know they copy designs big time, but, suzuki is not untouched by the inspiration thing either. See:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1093896
Old 4th May 2009, 23:19   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: I ain't no Hyundai fan boy, and know they copy designs big time, but, suzuki is not untouched by the inspiration thing either. See:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1093896
I never intended to say that you are a fanboy or anything. Yes, I'll agree with you here, the dash particularly, of A-star seems a direct lift from the little toyota, ditto the B pillar and also the c pillar and roofline to some extent.

And even the swift looks somewhat like a Mini Cooper, while the Fabia looks like a grown up Swift, there is actually no end to it if we start looking for 'inspirations' and 'copy-paste jobs' these days.
Hyundai in particular has a bad reputation for copying because its been quite regular at it, take all the generations of Sonata for example, everyone of them has been highly inspired by the european/jap cars.
Hence, Hyundai is regularly labelled as a 'copy-cat' when it comes to designs.
Even the new i20 seems to have been inspired from all sorts of cars right from peugeots to the SLKs to the civic and what not.

Anyways, the rear of the spash may be freakish to some, but to each his own.

However, speaking about the design of Splash, the little quarter glass (not really 'quarter') in the front windows, which is very much like the WagonR and unlike the SX4, is a better option than going the SX4 way, as that design element in SX4 causes some serious blind spots.
Although I still can't figure out the function of these quarter glasses in front windows. Maybe its just another of those Form over Function job.

Regards.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:58   #250
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday more people saw the car and the feed back is -This one is huge and very good dash board etc.Most of the comments were regarding the back.It would take some time to accept it.But that could never stop this one from selling.Shape definitely counts but charecter sells.FE,driving comfort,Power,space-altogether VFM car.Should we say that it is going the SX4 way lol.Any ways this VFM badge for it would go a long way in the overall performance of this ugly duckling,
cheers

ram
Old 5th May 2009, 10:40   #251
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has announced plans to down and upstretch its product portfolio. It has a 660 cc car as well as an executive sedan in its plans. They also plan to upgrade the Omni engine to make it more emission norms compliant.
read on @ Maruti Suzuki plans to launch 660 cc car
Old 5th May 2009, 10:57   #252
BHPian

Heard from a known source that May 15th is official launch date for the Ritz, Including the petrol and deisel.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:33   #253
BHPian

Its great to hear that both Petrol and Diesel will be launched simultaneously.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:27   #254
Senior - BHPian

Yes petrol and diesel launched simultaneously and i feel the petrol is a better buy too.with the 17.7 kmpl for petrol and 19 kmpl for diesel i feel the cost per km difference would be negligible and the price difference of almost 80k for the diesel would not justify.Consider the low end turbo lag and the seemless power delivery of the petrol forces me to vote for the petrol,

ram
Old 5th May 2009, 12:46   #255
Senior - BHPian

I am assuming the diesel to be a Zdi variant. More people could go towards Splash than Swift. What about driving dynamics?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks