Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 07:34   #331
Senior - BHPian

Man more than any thing, when will maruti learn? they need to give us better suspension setups!

all they do is throw in the weak and cheaper suspension all the time and ADD HIGH Profile tyres to compensate. I find that to be one of the bad aspects of a typical maruthi car!

this was a HUGE LET DOWN on swift too, and now they continue the same saga for all their new models its really sad.

at least for their newer cars i sincerely hope they put in better suspension setups that can do with a little low profile at least as low as 60 profile height if not less and retain the same comfort as a stock profile tyre.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:32   #332
BHPian

GUYS!!! NEWS hot from the Oven!!
MSIL is holding a conferance for the auto journalists at a premium hotel in Navi Mumbai. as i type right now. I got a tip off and went straight to the place to try and catch a glimpse of the car. The car looks fab!, Was a bit disappointed by the overall size of the car its slightly bigger than i10 but definately smaller than i20,
The security guys did not allow me near the car but, somehow later managed to click some pics in a hurry which i would be posting by today evening!!
it has lxi, vxi, zxi, ldi, and vdi but no ZDI AGAIN.
Its the first car to be launced in India with Bharat stage IV, so expect it to be pricey , MSIL salesman was not ready to quote any prices.
stick on to this for the pics!

Last edited by schitre05 : 9th May 2009 at 12:37.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:52   #333
BANNED

I thinks it will priced more than a SWIFT. If so the fate of i20 will be shared by Ritz at least in the Patrol Variant.

Waiting for the real pics buddy.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:00   #334
BHPian

This is the Image what you would view when the car is launched:Maruti Ritz,

I removed the masking which was coming on mouseover
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-untitled2.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 14:40   #335
BHPian

Guys here they are cudnt wait till the evening!
Dont know which is which variant (interior pics) as i went in a clicking frenzy before the secuiry guys came back and asked me to leave. but could manage to remove some. also please note one of the interior pic has a jvc 2din player with screen and 6 speakers i wonder if it is original factory fitment from MSIL
the pics are from my mobile cam so please excuse the quality. blame nokia!
Enjoy the pics!

Mods can you please watermark the pics!
cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-bunch-ritz.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-white-ddis.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-black-beauty.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-cool-colour.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-back1.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-back2.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-back3.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-boot.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-int2.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-loaded-int.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-int1.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-back-seat.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-int3.jpg  

Last edited by schitre05 : 9th May 2009 at 14:53.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:54   #336
BHPian

I think Maruti should change the Music player for each model or atleast different segments. They give the same player from Vitara to Astar.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:08   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Guys here they are cudnt wait till the evening!
Dont know which is which variant (interior pics) as i went in a clicking frenzy before the secuiry guys came back and asked me to leave. but could manage to remove some. also please note one of the interior pic has a jvc 2din player with screen and 6 speakers i wonder if it is original factory fitment from MSIL
the pics are from my mobile cam so please excuse the quality. blame nokia!
Enjoy the pics!

cheers!
Awesome pictures...Thanks from everyone on TBHP!!
The boot space is indeed small and will be an issue if you have to leave anybody at the airport. Don't care much for the mole on the dash they call a speedo (trying to copy the mini) or the colour co-ordinated dash.
I think you did a great job with the photos inspite of your phone cam!!
Old 9th May 2009, 15:32   #338
BHPian

Hi schitre05. Good job mate. Guess we people(T-Bhpians) cannot wait for the official display of new launches by the company people and thus risk our lives for such scoops. BTW nice looking car. Looks well planted and the rubbers don't look undersized too. I noticed one more thing, I think this will be the first car in our country to come with a factory fitted perfume as a standard fitment coz i saw it in all cars.HE he he he, now that's going to be some change. The boot looks ridiculously small though.

Last edited by isldhn : 9th May 2009 at 15:33.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:49   #339
Senior - BHPian

What an ugly car! From the way the roof at the rear tapers down, it looks like the first generation Hyundai Atoz. It also looks like it was banged from front and rear, looks so unfinished.

One of us should go to a Maruti showroom and ask about the car. I am sure salespeople will give the standard Maruti sales line of "There is a 6 month waiting period for the car, sir."
Old 9th May 2009, 16:29   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hi schitre05. Good job mate. Guess we people(T-Bhpians) cannot wait for the official display of new launches by the company people and thus risk our lives for such scoops. BTW nice looking car. Looks well planted and the rubbers don't look undersized too. I noticed one more thing, I think this will be the first car in our country to come with a factory fitted perfume as a standard fitment coz i saw it in all cars.HE he he he, now that's going to be some change. The boot looks ridiculously small though.
perfume ? Where ? You don't mean the RPM meter do you ?

@amit : +1 to that. Maybe the MSIL guys wanted t make the A-Star look better.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:31   #341
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! One of the car has a JVC Touchscreen unit. Only if it came pre installed
Old 9th May 2009, 16:35   #342
BHPian

Looks like Maruti Got a Winner
Old 9th May 2009, 16:43   #343
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
By the way, one question - is it good for Maruti to use a different name in India, when Suzuki is using the name 'Splash' for that car all over the world? Won't it affect the brand image of that car in India?
i dont think so. Its not a Lexus SC70 going Toyota Soarer.

Old 9th May 2009, 16:52   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
perfume ? Where ? You don't mean the RPM meter do you ?

@amit : +1 to that. Maybe the MSIL guys wanted t make the A-Star look better.
He he he he he. It's time for you to look at the photographs again my friend. I knew someone would say this. Just check the left corner of the dash and vola... you'll see a first in the industry. BTW I'm not a fan of such stick out RPM meter's and prefer the conventional ones.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:54   #345
Senior - BHPian

Don't you guys feel that it would have been better if the rpm meter was placed on ther right of the driver rather then left as it is now?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed