Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2009, 22:27   #121
BHPian

IMO everybody wants to have that unique value on roads and on this virtue Maruti scores well as they have diverse products. Toyota too has this strategy in many markets (ASEAN countries). I am in for more options to chose from
Old 6th April 2009, 03:38   #122
abk
BHPian

Suzuki Splash on display in Copenhagen

When I went for shopping for the Easter Greece vacation this afternoon, saw 3 eco-friendly high FE cars on display: One from the Mazda stable, the other can't seem to remember along with Suzuki splash. Here are the pics (please bear with the picture quality thanks to iPhone's limited capability camera)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-img_03161.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-img_03171.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-img_03181.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2009 at 13:23. Reason: corrected orientation of first image :)
Old 6th April 2009, 11:16   #123
BHPian

No matter whatever move the MSIL is making in their product strategies at the end we the customers will be beniftted due to wider choices and more competition.

"Must add" Provided MSIL delievers the cars on time!
Old 6th April 2009, 11:37   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
hey can anyone post some pictures of the Ritz.
Similar thread with pictures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...itz-india.html
Old 6th April 2009, 12:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

MSIL is really crowding the hatchback space with one launch after another, and yes, it is confusing for a buyer. However, as others have pointed out, they are just trying to ensure dominance of the hatchback space. Maruti realized quite some time back that in India the volumes are in the hatchback space, and they want to ensure that there is no threat to them in this space, so they're just putting their product lineup in place to ensure that they cover all the segments in the hatchback space.

Someone wants an entry level hatchback - Go for the Alto
Roomier, practical tall boy - WagonR
Cute feminine, easy to drive - Estilo
Modern, fuel conserver, city runabout - A star
Bigger, powerful hatch - Swift
Utility van - Omni
Better utility van - Versa

Must admit though that inspite of some of their models not selling well, MSIL makes sure that all models are adequately promoted, and spares are available for them. Can't say the same for some of the other cos, even though they might have a smaller lineup of models.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:08   #126
BHPian

Auto maker Maruti Suzuki plans to position its upcoming car 'Ritz' at the upper end of the compact car segment that will be powered with a 1197 cc engine.

"The Ritz will be yet another compact car to join the company's A2 offering that includes Alto, Zen Estilo, A-star, Wagon R and Swift. The Ritz is in advanced stage of preparation for a formal launch shortly," the company said in a statement.

The car will come with the K12M engine which is BS-IV compliant. The engine is the second in the company's Kseries of engines.

"K12M engine is another example of Maruti Suzuki's commitment to take engine technology in India to the next level," Maruti Suzuki Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi said.

Maruti Suzuki to position Ritz at upper end of compact segment- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 14th April 2009, 23:51   #127
BHPian

Maruti has started production of engine K12M for Splash/Ritz in India.

The Specs are as follows:

Capacity: 1197cc
Power: 85PS @ 600RPM
Torque: 113Nm @ 4500RPM

The details are attached.

Specs are better than Kappa. Looks like Kappa ka Baap.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti_Suzuki_India_Ltd_140409.pdf (78.7 KB, 2174 views)
Old 15th April 2009, 00:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

What news about the diesel variant? When will it be launched?
Old 15th April 2009, 01:16   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
MSIL is really crowding the hatchback space with one launch after another, and yes, it is confusing for a buyer. However, as others have pointed out, they are just trying to ensure dominance of the hatchback space. Maruti realized quite some time back that in India the volumes are in the hatchback space, and they want to ensure that there is no threat to them in this space, so they're just putting their product lineup in place to ensure that they cover all the segments in the hatchback space.
Maruti has lost its way, it does not look like they are offering so many options in the compact segment considering that many of the cars are old & it is high time they pull them out of the market. Maruti has to think about quality and not quantity.
Old 15th April 2009, 04:16   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Maruti has lost its way, it does not look like they are offering so many options in the compact segment considering that many of the cars are old & it is high time they pull them out of the market. Maruti has to think about quality and not quantity.
Time and again Maruti has been accused of selling 'old' technology in India,and no its not that its over-crowding the segment,it has always been MUL's policy of offering wide choice in hatchback segment,so that ultimately buyer may choose amongst their cars only.Now for the cars:

1)M800--true,very much dated,will be axed in a couple of years.

2)ALTO--Just been replaced by the A-star in european markets,still selling in few countries though.CANNOT be termed dated.

3)WAGON-R--World's first tallboy,we got the revised edition here,handles well for a tallboy,has a decent engine,has ABS & AIRBAGS on offer,and its arch rival Santro still in market.How can it be termed DATED? By the way,in few developed markets Splash shall replace the WagonR,but that doesnt make wagonR's tech as old,especially not in India.

4)ESTILO--Or the MR-WAGON,still being sold in Japan.Has good safety features and a nice engine.How is it dated now?

5)A-STAR--Very much modern,need not describe it.No way is it dated/old.

6)SWIFT--Again very much modern,being sold all over the world,well almost,No way is it old/dated.

And now the ritz/spalsh.again an international car,which is far from being dated.

Now coming to the numbers,if you ignore A segment,and look in B,B+ Maruti has estilo,wagonR,astar,swift and splash.Which makes it 5 cars.
Hyundai has santro,i10,getz,i20. Now does a difference of 1 car, makes the manufacturer eligible of being accused for 'overcrowding' the segment?

Coming to old technologies,we still have santros/indicas/lancers/octavias/accents/ikons being sold here.Most of them being more expensive and larger cars than maruti's hatchbacks.So why is it maruti being accused of selling 'old' cars alone? If others can sell expensive and old sedans almost unnoticed,why is maruti alone being accused?
And apart from the 800,no hatch from maruti can be termed "old/dated" in true sense.
Rather,its heartening to see our 'old player' Maruti Suzuki bringing us fresh cars and offering us a wide choice,and as long as manufacturers will provide us with wider choice in each segment,our industry will keep growing.

Kindly spare a thought on my analysis and think again before we accuse maruti of giving us old and dated cars.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 15th April 2009 at 04:24.
Old 15th April 2009, 04:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Maruti has started production of engine K12M for Splash/Ritz in India.

The Specs are as follows:

Capacity: 1197cc
Power: 85PS @ 6000RPM
Torque: 113Nm @ 4500RPM

The details are attached.

that 1.2 litre makes almost as much power as the swift's 1.3.Just a difference of approximately 4 ps/3 bhp.

Yeah,it sure looks like kappa ka baap,PAPPA i must say.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:30   #132
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah,it sure looks like kappa ka baap,PAPPA i must say.
Ha ha ha. Good one!!!
Old 15th April 2009, 12:04   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post

Any idea about the price range;
Again the usual Lxi, Vxi, Zxi - My guess is that this will be placed slightly higher by MUL (say 10 - 15 k premium) over i10 magna, sportz & Asta

The car seems to be roomier than i10 when seen in flesh ( have seen a black one being driven with HR 26 regn.)
Old 15th April 2009, 12:18   #134
Senior - BHPian

Hmm so this time Maruti is going the Hyundai way i.e from a SOHC 1.3 to a DOHC 1.2 producing similar power as the earlier engine.

I hate the rear of Ritz/Splash but overall it looks nice, will have to wait to see it in person
Old 15th April 2009, 13:17   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Any idea about the price range;
Again the usual Lxi, Vxi, Zxi - My guess is that this will be placed slightly higher by MUL (say 10 - 15 k premium) over i10 magna, sportz & Asta

The car seems to be roomier than i10 when seen in flesh ( have seen a black one being driven with HR 26 regn.)
HR 26 reg. means that its the test car from the MUL factory.Yes it may very well sport all the 3 trim levels and the car is will be an interesting and a bit more practical alternative to the swift itself.
As for the rear looks,looks are subjective but it does look european and contemporary and for a tall boy it overall looks smart and well proportioned.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks