Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:36   #31
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti will never mind if their models are competing each other - they just need to sell a Maruti.
Speaking purely in terms of commerce, isn't it always more profitable [that's what companies are for at the end of the day], to have lesser models, and thereby - in most cases - lesser variety required in the types of machinery and investment, than have a dozen models, which require different types of factory setups as well as additional investment? This is more of a problem when we take into account the fact this is an additional model and not a replacement.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Speaking purely in terms of commerce, isn't it always more profitable [that's what companies are for at the end of the day], to have lesser models, and thereby - in most cases - lesser variety required in the types of machinery and investment, than have a dozen models, which require different types of factory setups as well as additional investment? This is more of a problem when we take into account the fact this is an additional model and not a replacement.
Most of the small Marutis share a large number of parts. Even the Engines are shared. There is minimal additional investment.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. But if the production lines are shared among the variant or different model, then no extra cost. It only helps to have manhy models that fits several peoples taste.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:43   #34
BANNED

Quote:
You are correct - it's profitable to have lesser models, as long as you are sure that you will not lose any sale.

But there are chances that some of the customers may go to other stables, looking for a change / differently-looking model.

Moreover, too many numbers of a particular car will definitely affect its 'stands-out' status.

Regarding the investment to be done for more models: Investment is already made! Moreover, if automobile giants discontinue a model in other major markets, they will shift that unit to countries like India, and start production here. But there is no other market to take machinery from India!
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
It all started with the Estilo, SX4, Dzire, A-star and now this.
I think Maruti is trying to win the worst rear design competition by the looks of its new launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Rear of this car is a disaster and the name Ritz is more of it. Maruti designers are losing their mind with so many new launches.
I seriously think Maruti should just take a chill pill with their launches.
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:32   #36
BANNED

If Splash comes with a 1.2 litre petrol engine, it will have the tax benefit for small cars and will be much cheaper than Swift, right?

Petrol Swift, having a 1.3 ltr engine, is not eligible for the tax soap. Or will Maruti replace the existing 1.3L engine Swift with this new 1.2L engine, and pass the tax benefit to customers? BTW, the new 1.2L engine produces 63BHP only, where as the 1.3L engine is of 85BHP.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
If Splash comes with a 1.2 litre petrol engine, it will have the tax benefit for small cars and will be much cheaper than Swift, right?

Petrol Swift, having a 1.3 ltr engine, is not eligible for the tax soap. Or will Maruti replace the existing 1.3L engine Swift with this new 1.2L engine, and pass the tax benefit to customers? BTW, the new 1.2L engine produces 63BHP only, where as the 1.3L engine is of 85BHP.
Are you sure the new 1.2L engine produces only 63 bhp?? The current 1050 cc engine in Wagon-R produces 64 bhp. Where does the extra 100-150cc go??
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:48   #38
BHPian

@romeo - it should definitely not affect the brand image... after all, the A-Star is called Alto in Europe! Ritz is a cool name.. but it would've been sweet to keep something with the letter S itself!!
How about SUPERNOVA??!! (sorry, off-topic!!)
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

considering what maruti have done to the backs of their recent cars(read dzire and sx4) the back of the ritz is quite ok. but still, pictures never speak as only the best pictures taken from a respectable profile are taken. its left to see of the ritz cuts it in real life
Old 5th December 2008, 12:25   #40
BANNED

Quote:
BTW, the new 1.2L engine produces 63BHP only, where as the 1.3L engine is of 85BHP.
Sorry, that was a slip. The 1.2L also engine produces 85BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
@romeo - it should definitely not affect the brand image... after all, the A-Star is called Alto in Europe! Ritz is a cool name.. but it would've been sweet to keep something with the letter S itself!!
How about SUPERNOVA??!! (sorry, off-topic!!)
Yes, a name starting with 'S' would be much better, I think. Like Hyundai uses the 'i' series.

'Smart', 'Smash', 'Sweet', something like that?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th December 2008 at 12:28.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:02   #41
BANNED

Found some more cute pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-2.jpg  

Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-3.jpg  

Old 10th December 2008, 17:36   #42
BHPian

I dont think anyone will care about the name.
Nice front but I didn't like the rear at all. Just my opinion.
Old 10th December 2008, 18:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
I dont think anyone will care about the name.
Nice front but I didn't like the rear at all. Just my opinion.
Yes the rear looks very very wierd!!! At least in the pics... Real thing might not be such an eyesore.
Old 10th December 2008, 18:50   #44
aseemjohari

hey...i heared it some where..!
with the launch of Splasg( ritzzz) swift hatch bach will be disscontinued in order to boost up the sales of swift dzire and maruti new baby splash...!
so maruti no longer to battle in same segment again as they did it before with the lauch of zen estilo with wagan r???

Old 10th December 2008, 19:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemjohari View Post
hey...i heared it some where..!
with the launch of Splasg( ritzzz) swift hatch bach will be disscontinued in order to boost up the sales of swift dzire and maruti new baby splash...!
so maruti no longer to battle in same segment again as they did it before with the lauch of zen estilo with wagan r???
That would be a shame to loose the swift, maybe they will plonk a new engine into swift, do away with the 1.3. Not that the 1.3 is any bad, its still running fine in my esteem. But then again, the Ritz could cater to a completely different customer base. Nothing wrong with having multiple products in the same segment priced a little differently.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks