Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 19:53   #46
BHPian

@aseemjohari: I dont think Maruti will discontinue its bestseller Swift anytime soon.

It will be interesting to see how Maruti prices the Splash/ Ritz, there really is no gap between the A Star and Swift to slot it into. I hope Maruti doesnt price it above the Swift.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemjohari View Post
hey...i heared it some where..!
with the launch of Splasg( ritzzz) swift hatch bach will be disscontinued in order to boost up the sales of swift dzire and maruti new baby splash...!
so maruti no longer to battle in same segment again as they did it before with the lauch of zen estilo with wagan r???
Maruti would be idiots to discontinue Swift, their third most successful car (by sales). It sells almost as much as cars like i10 or WagonR!!! I highly doubt it!
Old 11th December 2008, 12:28   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
@aseemjohari: I dont think Maruti will discontinue its bestseller Swift anytime soon.

It will be interesting to see how Maruti prices the Splash/ Ritz, there really is no gap between the A Star and Swift to slot it into. I hope Maruti doesnt price it above the Swift.
Yes, the success of Splash depends a lot on its positioning. Maruti has to position it just above Wagon-R.

I think Maruti should stop the current Zen Estilo and introduce Splash as new Zen. Only because the global name 'Splash' cannot be used in India.

Otherwise, retain the current Zen Estilo and rename it as simply 'Estilo', and introduce 'Splash' as original 'Zen'.

The name 'Zen' has a very good value in India, and it has a lot to do with Maruti.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th December 2008 at 12:30.
Old 14th December 2008, 19:03   #49
BANNED

I just hope maruti brings in a grand viatra with a 1.9 diesel engine . The ritz , taj , MGM or whatever is not so interesting to me at all .

And regarding the back of the car , I am sure it would be perceived as the best back ever by the media ,after the car is launched .

Swift = over grown fat bum at the back
Ritz = curvy ,sexy back of a blonde ..LOL
Thats what the media would describe the car as .
Old 14th December 2008, 23:45   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I just hope maruti brings in a grand viatra with a 1.9 diesel engine . The ritz , taj , MGM or whatever is not so interesting to me at all .

And regarding the back of the car , I am sure it would be perceived as the best back ever by the media ,after the car is launched .

Swift = over grown fat bum at the back
Ritz = curvy ,sexy back of a blonde ..LOL
Thats what the media would describe the car as .
I hope you mean a Blonde who has either hunch-backed or has like an abnormality or something. Personally, i think the A-Star's back looks brilliant.

Also, Autocar India should be given Due credit for unveiling this specific information. Kudos to them....Although i still think that the name Splash sounds cooler!!
Old 15th December 2008, 00:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

I kinda liked the name Splash. It sounded very funky and youthful. Ritz sounds like a retarded french rip-off or something of the sort.
Old 15th December 2008, 05:14   #52
BHPian

Fiat Panda vs Suzuki Splash

Who won? check this out....

Old 15th December 2008, 10:10   #53
BHPian

Is there any remote chance that Ritz will replace WagonR? WagonR seem to be getting the biggest discounts this time of the year (from what the print ads are screaming)
Old 15th December 2008, 13:02   #54
BHPian

As a WagonR owner i can tell that this car is Budget family car with normal specifications. On the other hand Ritz would be in a premium segment.

But personally i feel that a WagonR can only be replaced newer version of WagonR or a StingRay.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:42   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Is there any remote chance that Ritz will replace WagonR? WagonR seem to be getting the biggest discounts this time of the year (from what the print ads are screaming)
No chance at all! Wagon-R is the second largest selling model in India after Alto (Ref: October 2008 sales). It clocked around 11,000 models in October!
Old 15th December 2008, 15:56   #56
BHPian

Launch

Any news on the launch date of the Splash/Ritz guys ?
Old 15th December 2008, 23:44   #57
BHPian

guys, doesn't the splash kinda remind you of the first-gen santro??? being a tall-boy design, and given the vertically stacked tail-lights, it does have a striking resemblence to the sunshine car....
wat say??

the grill is more or less, the same with the same type of headlights, the splash's being more elongated, whereas the santro's being round...

the taillights are a definite match, the same type of stacked up taillights, the splash's being carried over the boot, and the santro's beneath...
Old 16th December 2008, 07:20   #58
BHPian

no. doesnt look similar
Old 16th December 2008, 07:44   #59
BHPian

Here are my 2 cents.
I bet Maruti to bring in the numbers for Splash/Ritz like Alto/Wagon R. Maruti sales were always due to on cost factor (bare skeleton structure) and mileage (skinny tyres). These are the only advantages they had over other cars. I do believe in A.S.S. but we need to understand that the possibility of sudden breakdown increases after 3 yrs/ 40K miles. If people say that *** is more important, why not they stick to Ambassador which had a better *** then maruti 10 years back? Maruti will be face the fate of HM, if they don't change their mindset.
Old 16th December 2008, 17:10   #60
BHPian

Guys,

Any news on the launch date and the price.
I am very much interested in the Ritz. I think it goes head-on with the i10 - another car which I love and am considering buying.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks