Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:41   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think the media has lost it. Every car that's being launched is a counter attack to the Nano according to them. Mercedes , BMW and Audi better watch out. When they launch their new S, 7 and A8, the media may report that with these same headlines!
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:40   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think the media has lost it. Every car that's being launched is a counter attack to the Nano according to them. Mercedes , BMW and Audi better watch out. When they launch their new S, 7 and A8, the media may report that with these same headlines!
Yes I agree. The ORVM on the S, 7 and A8 will pose as a big threat to the Nano. Each of these cars have outside mirrors costing in excess of Rs.1L.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yes I agree. The ORVM on the S, 7 and A8 will pose as a big threat to the Nano. Each of these cars have outside mirrors costing in excess of Rs.1L.
Is that true, or hyperbole?
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemjohari View Post
hey...i heared it some where..!
with the launch of Splasg( ritzzz) swift hatch bach will be disscontinued in order to boost up the sales of swift dzire and maruti new baby splash...!
so maruti no longer to battle in same segment again as they did it before with the lauch of zen estilo with wagan r???
Where do you get your information from? Is it from some flunky at a Jaipur dealership? There would be an altogether new swift in 2012, dimentionally the same as the current one but with more engine options in petrol & diesel.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, the success of Splash depends a lot on its positioning. Maruti has to position it just above Wagon-R.

I think Maruti should stop the current Zen Estilo and introduce Splash as new Zen. Only because the global name 'Splash' cannot be used in India.

Otherwise, retain the current Zen Estilo and rename it as simply 'Estilo', and introduce 'Splash' as original 'Zen'.

The name 'Zen' has a very good value in India, and it has a lot to do with Maruti.
A redesigned Zen Estilo is being launched with the K10B engine, doing duty in the A Star, shortly.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
A redesigned Zen Estilo is being launched with the K10B engine, doing duty in the A Star, shortly.
I know of this from my dealer. How good the car looks with the face lift? I am keen to know this as I have always loved the estilo for its practicality. And when is it getting launched?
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:14   #97
BHPian

Maruti to launch compact car Ritz in May

NEW DELHI: Passenger car market leader Maruti Suzuki will launch its sixth global car, Ritz, in May. The mass market car will be launched in the popular small car segment with a 1.2 litre KB series petrol and 1.3 litre multijet diesel engine simultaneously.

The Ritz will be built on Maruti’s successful Splash platform and will be priced between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 5 lakh, which is just below the Swift’s price tag. It will be shorter than the Swift (by 30 mm), but will be spacious due to high roof structure.

The Ritz will be positioned between the A-star and the Swift, and will counter Hyundai’s i10 and i20, Skoda’s Fabia, Ford’s Fusion, Fiat’s Palio and Tata Motors’ Indica Vista. This car is Maruti’s ninth small car that will consolidate its position in the crowded market.

Dubbed as a multi-purpose vehicle, it will cater to small urban families and sport BS-IV engines and a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Ritz, known as Splash in Europe and other developed markets, will coexist with the ageing WagonR platform, just as the newly-launched A-Star is thriving with the Alto.

Source:Maruti to launch compact car Ritz in May- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:31   #98
BHPian

Ritz Before Honda Jazz
According to dealers, the Ritz will be launched prior to Honda’s small car, Jazz, which is slated to hit the roads in June and Fiat’s premium hatchback, Grande Punto. The Ritz has cleared all the homologation tests and has been approved by the International Centre of Automotive Technology (iCAT) at Manesar in Haryana last week for launch in the Indian market.
Maruti to launch compact car Ritz in May- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:55   #99
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
will be priced between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 5 lakh

The Ritz will be positioned between the A-star and the Swift, and will counter Hyundai’s i10 and i20, Skoda’s Fabia, Ford’s Fusion, Fiat’s Palio and Tata Motors’ Indica Vista. This car is Maruti’s ninth small car that will consolidate its position in the crowded market.
Okay, now I'm seriously starting to lose count of Maruti's cheap cars. Heck, there are so many of them. Anyone heard of product overlap? Lets consider each models USP:

800 : 2nd cheapest car in the world (thanks to a certain Mr. Tata). Will only be seen in rural showrooms soon (emission norms).

Alto : Heck of a hatch for the price. Great road manners, solid build, true successor to the 800's mantle. Outsells the 800 and to many families, their first ever car.

WagonR : Mr. Practicality. Sells well and the dual-fuel variants gave it a further shot in the arm.

Estilo : Time for Maruti to draw the curtains on this one. Not to mention, the Estilo single-handedly killed all the brand equity that the "Zen" name had built over 15 years.

Versa : Ditto. Pull the plug. ASAP.

A-Star : Cramped and no useable boot. But great to drive, fuel efficient and looks...umm....different.

Swift : Best selling *premium* hatch. Great to drive, excellent diesel. Maruti's cash cow.

Ritz : ????????? Probably more space than the Swift & A-Star? DIESEL?

If I were a prospective hatchback customer, I'd sure as hell end up dumb-founded in a Maruti showroom!!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2009 at 15:56.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I were a prospective hatchback customer, I'd sure as hell end up dumb-founded in a Maruti showroom!!
sure, but the chances are that if you were a prospective hatchback customer, you would find a hatch that meets your needs in a Maruti showroom. Guess that is what Maruti is banking on- try to fill as many niches as possible.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Anyone heard of product overlap?
They don't really bother about product overlap or even sibling rivalry. Their strategy is "Let us crowd out the small car segment with as many offerings as possible and let the customer buy whichever of those he wants. As long as he/she finally buys a Maruti, it is OK".

But I do agree with you about a potential customer being confused, especially if he is not having a budget limitation and can opt for anything from 2lakhs to 5 lakhs.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:31   #102
BHPian

IMO MUL is going all out to ensure Ritz gets enough sales ahead of GP/Polo/Jazz/i20 diesel / Beat since MUL is looking at launching petrol & diesel together , looks like hatchback segment is gearing up for some bloodbath .
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Alto : Heck of a hatch for the price. Great road manners, solid build, true successor to the 800's mantle. Outsells the 800 and to many families, their first ever car.

Estilo : Time for Maruti to draw the curtains on this one. Not to mention, the Estilo single-handedly killed all the brand equity that the "Zen" name had built over 15 years.

Versa : Ditto. Pull the plug. ASAP.
totally agree on this.

[/quote] If I were a prospective hatchback customer, I'd sure as hell end up dumb-founded in a Maruti showroom!![/quote]

Probably not. If the Ritz gets the famed Multijet (DDIS) engine from the Swift, i think this should be quite a pocket rocket. Add to that, that it will be cheaper than the Swift and the likes. I am in 2 minds to change my ride and in the market for a diesel hatch. I wouldn't mind waiting for the Ritz
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:54   #104
BANNED

Ritz aka Splash is a nice roomy hatch, boot being the only eyesore.
Way to go Maruti, flood the market with small cars/hatches & create competition among own products! Excellent marketing strategy!
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:00   #105
Team-BHP Support

Pulling the plug on the Estilo is not going to happen if we are to believe some posts on the forum. A re-designed Estilo is on the cards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks