Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 11:15   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Build quality of Ritz is comparable or even better than swift except the polished plastic arround the ORVM and inside B-pillar cladding towards the bottom
Petrol ritz should be powerfull enough with 85 ps power and the new all aluminium K series engine(remember this is the same series as the A-star engine-good fuel eff and power).Regarding the pricing of the car It would be 100cc less but its more advanced and its again all aluminium and much bigger car.Pricing generally dont go by the CC isnt it.
cheers
ram
I would not want the build quality to be comparable with the Swift. One of the major problems with the swift (an excellent car otherwise) is that it rattles itself loose no matter how sane a driver you are. So build quality should be much more better than swift, who would like his 'premium hatch' to start rattling as soon as say 10k kms?

Yes, the new K12M engine may be more fuel efficient that Swift's G13 but with a difference of around 3-4 PS and a difference of around 45kgs in weight, I doubt that it will match swift's mid and top end performance.

As for the pricing, yes it always doesn't and shouldn't go by the CC thing, but if MUL is getting tax benefits why not pass it on to consumers?

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 11:17.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:26   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
I would not want the build quality to be comparable with the Swift. One of the major problems with the swift (an excellent car otherwise) is that it rattles itself loose no matter how sane a driver you are. So build quality should be much more better than swift, who would like his 'premium hatch' to start rattling as soon as say 10k kms?

Yes, the new K12M engine may be more fuel efficient that Swift's G13 but with a difference of around 3-4 PS and a difference of around 45kgs in weight, I doubt that it will match swift's mid and top end performance.

As for the pricing, yes it always doesn't and shouldn't go by the CC thing, but if MUL is getting tax benefits why not pass it on to consumers?

Regards
I told its same or even better than swift,and whether it rattles when it reaches 10k kms i dont know buddie as the car i saw had done hardly 2k.All performance analisis is possible in 2-3 weeks time as the cars would reach showrooms by 14th of this month.
By the pricing i meant its not the engine alone that contributes to the price of a car.Its much bigger and roomier and i think more sheet metal would have gone into it than a swift.Better seats would translate costlier seats isnt it.so its not a big thing that its costing 20k more than the swift.
cheers ram
Old 4th May 2009, 13:48   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I told its same or even better than swift,and whether it rattles when it reaches 10k kms i dont know buddie as the car i saw had done hardly 2k.All performance analisis is possible in 2-3 weeks time as the cars would reach showrooms by 14th of this month.
By the pricing i meant its not the engine alone that contributes to the price of a car.Its much bigger and roomier and i think more sheet metal would have gone into it than a swift.Better seats would translate costlier seats isnt it.so its not a big thing that its costing 20k more than the swift.
cheers ram
better built then swift is a welcome news for MS lovers, specially when its superb swift/dzire just lacks in its fittments and quality else is rocking car.Hope Ritz changes those rattles issues and fitments even being few K's more then swift.
Old 4th May 2009, 14:04   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Regards
Y.C Saarji 4 PS less doesn't means it will not have top end. The top speed rated internationally of 1.2 Splash is 109MPH i.e. 175 KMPH. Beats Swift

The 1.2 engine has good review internationally. Even better than the famous 1.3 DDiS. 0-100 in 12.3 secs

But still its not as big as i20. Dunno how its going to compete with i20. But then again its Maruti and will sell no matter how they price it.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:40   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Y.C Saarji 4 PS less doesn't means it will not have top end. The top speed rated internationally of 1.2 Splash is 109MPH i.e. 175 KMPH. Beats Swift

The 1.2 engine has good review internationally. Even better than the famous 1.3 DDiS. 0-100 in 12.3 secs
Its not just 4PS but a difference of 50kgs as well. Also, I am doubtfull if the new 1.2 will be as good a performer as the G13.

Further, considering our fuel quality, I guess it may have a slightly lower topspeed. Anyways let us hope for the best.

Regards.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

See YC bhayya ,50 kg diff is like a kid studying in 10th std is sitting near you.Would that make huge difference in day to day traffic conditions.This generation engine is similar to the one in A-star.Personally i have seen that the A-star is much quicker off the block than a petrol swift.So i hope ritz is faster than the swift petrol.Remember A-star is 67 ps and this one is 85 ps.
ram
Old 4th May 2009, 16:52   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See YC bhayya ,50 kg diff is like a kid studying in 10th std is sitting near you.Would that make huge difference in day to day traffic conditions.This generation engine is similar to the one in A-star.Personally i have seen that the A-star is much quicker off the block than a petrol swift.So i hope ritz is faster than the swift petrol.Remember A-star is 67 ps and this one is 85 ps.
ram
Hes more worried about the top-end, but i think top end will be good enough. 109MPH is rated top speed internationally, but only test drive will tell how good it is.

My money is on Ritz, that it will have good top end no matter 50KG more or not.

One of the classic examples is Aveo 1.4 and Fiesta 1.4. Both have just 0.3 secs difference between their 0-100 and power difference is more than 10PS. Weight is same is guess. AVEO top speed is just 2 - 3 KMPH more than Fiesta.

^^^ Read that in a magazine review.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:58   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ram
Mr.Ram_hyundai let me clarify that I was not talking about the city driving, rather I had been mentioning 'top end' and 'mid range'. A-star 'feels' to be quicker than a swift just because its a new generation three cylinder motor and also because the g13 doing duty in the swift, like all old suzuki motors, comes to life once the revs rise above 2000-2500RPM. And speaking in terms of performance alone, without a doubt or surprise Swift is way better a performer than the A-star.
Coming to Splash, yes a 50kg difference is nothing to complain about in city conditions. Also, these cars are strictly for family use and are no sports cars but still going by the performance alone, which includes 0-100kmph,0-400m timings and the top-speed, that 4 ps and 50 kg advantage the petrol swift has over the petrol splash, will definately show in these figures.

And weight does matter alot mate, there is just a difference of around 25kgs between the swift and the dezire, and just notice the difference that arises in the above mentioned performance figures.
The fact that all these are no sportscar, hence 4ps and 50kgs may not be anything to cry about for a typical buyer is very much true.
However there is also no denying that a car which is 4 ps low on power and 50kgs more on weight than the other car will surely be slower when it comes to 'top-end'. The difference may be marginal, but there will definately be a difference.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 16:59.
Old 4th May 2009, 17:15   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the classic examples is Aveo 1.4 and Fiesta 1.4. Both have just 0.3 secs difference between their 0-100 and power difference is more than 10PS. Weight is same is guess. AVEO top speed is just 2 - 3 KMPH more than Fiesta.

^^^ Read that in a magazine review.
Yes, definately an excellent example against the power-to-weight ratio case.

Fiesta 1.4 --power-82 bhp-- weight 1110 kgs. 0-100kmph-13 secs (approx)
Aveo 1.4 --power-92.6bhp-- weight 1095 kgs. 0-100kmph-14 secs (approx)

Torque-marginal difference.

Now, I may be wrong here but the only culprit I can think of is the gearing and transmission loss in Aveo.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 17:16.
Old 4th May 2009, 17:29   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think the international reviews are of the UK-spec 1242cc K12 engine. The India-spec Ritz engine is the brand new K12M (M for Maruti?) which has been lowered to 1197cc to stay within our MV tax rules.

That said, engine performance should be the same unless the ECU has been radically remapped for our 'Indian' conditions. Read FE as the only factor :-).
Old 4th May 2009, 17:36   #236
BANNED

Ritz

Its looks like a Santro from this angle (My View)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-splash-4.jpg  

Old 4th May 2009, 17:48   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I think the international reviews are of the UK-spec 1242cc K12 engine. The India-spec Ritz engine is the brand new K12M (M for Maruti?) which has been lowered to 1197cc to stay within our MV tax rules.

That said, engine performance should be the same unless the ECU has been radically remapped for our 'Indian' conditions. Read FE as the only factor :-).
Ohhhhhh i totally forgot about the engine. I thought it was the same engine 1197 CC doing duty internationally in Splash / Ritz.

Well now only test ride and reports will tell us how it fairs against Swift.
Old 4th May 2009, 17:59   #238
Senior - BHPian

Let us keep our fingures crossed guys.Swift is definetly a performance oriented car no doubt and ritz is more a family car.So my point is that a person going for the ritz wont mind the 4 ps or 50 kg.He would rather be interested in other points like space,driveablity,FE,quality of the inside etc.So in that scenario ritz scores well ahead of swift.
ram
Old 4th May 2009, 18:56   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Look at the size of that C-pillar!!

I must say I don't like this trend of Maruti front bumpers being so close to the ground. Swift bumpers seem to be just asking for trouble in cities.
Old 4th May 2009, 19:00   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
C'mon yaar! Santro looks much better.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks