Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 16:43   #316
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure of that but the dimentions sid has given earlier is the same as what we are going to get.Never compare the boot of A-Star and Ritz even when you have not seen one in flesh.Volume wise it would definitly be more than the A-star for that matter due to the height of the car.If you are comparing the floor area please do make a mention of it.

Cheers

ram
Old 7th May 2009, 17:08   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I am not sure of that but the dimentions sid has given earlier is the same as what we are going to get.Never compare the boot of A-Star and Ritz even when you have not seen one in flesh.Volume wise it would definitly be more than the A-star for that matter due to the height of the car.If you are comparing the floor area please do make a mention of it.
Cheers
ram
No, I am not quoting the floor area. I am quoting the boot storage volume as mentioned in Splash reviews. You'll find the 178L size commonly mentioned, of which 36L volume is the under-floor compartment - leaves just 142L in the main boot. Just do a simple google search on "Splash boot litres" and you'll easily get the numbers. Here's one such link from google search:
Suzuki News | Suzuki Splash mini-MPV

Just wanted to check with the Team-BHP community if this way of estimating the boot space is logical. I'll be very dissappointed if the boot is so small.

Now, Maruti could have changes rear seat size etc. to slightly increase the boot, but not by much. I agree the cat will be out of the bag in about a week anyway. So, we can all go and see /read the spec sheet for ourselves.

There's one more possibility: the UK/European boot size measurements are as per VDA (german automobile association) standards. Maybe, just maybe, Indian carmakers measure boot size differently.

Last edited by guptad42 : 7th May 2009 at 17:14. Reason: relevant additional content
Old 7th May 2009, 18:59   #318
BHPian

I did a small comparison of external dimensions between Swift and Splash (based on data from the SuzukiGlobal site). Pls see the attachement. From the specs it looks that Splash has a smaller boot compared to Swift. Now, i dunno if those specs apply to India and instead we get more boot space here

Pls see this link for info

Splash:Specifications | Global Suzuki

Quote:
@Amit-The fuel indicator display is the same in A-Star.Its small and would require some time to get used to.I think it would be a matter of few weeks though as initially in the A-star i found it difficult and now i am used to it.Now for the climate control -available or not-No one mentioned of it in the course for that matter.will confirm some time later.
Guys Please dont compare the boot space with A-Star with those mathematics and wild guesses.Its bigger than the swift and more than 200 ltrs.Exact volume was not told.Visually what i felt is that it had enough space at the rear as well as boot.Rear leg room is very good.
cheers
ram
Attached Files
File Type: xls Comparison_Swift_Splash Dim.xls (19.5 KB, 383 views)
Old 7th May 2009, 19:12   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
No, I am not quoting the floor area. I am quoting the boot storage volume as mentioned in Splash reviews. You'll find the 178L size commonly mentioned, of which 36L volume is the under-floor compartment - leaves just 142L in the main boot. Just do a simple google search on "Splash boot litres" and you'll easily get the numbers. Here's one such link from google search:
Suzuki News | Suzuki Splash mini-MPV

Just wanted to check with the Team-BHP community if this way of estimating the boot space is logical. I'll be very dissappointed if the boot is so small.

Now, Maruti could have changes rear seat size etc. to slightly increase the boot, but not by much. I agree the cat will be out of the bag in about a week anyway. So, we can all go and see /read the spec sheet for ourselves.

There's one more possibility: the UK/European boot size measurements are as per VDA (german automobile association) standards. Maybe, just maybe, Indian carmakers measure boot size differently.
Yes buddie,lets wait and see.I have not measured the boot,but visually its bigger than A-Star.maybe some changes have gone into the indian model.

ram
Old 8th May 2009, 12:19   #320
Senior - BHPian

Ritz TV commercilas are about to kick start and it would be teasers to begin with Highlighting the launch dates-may 15th.It seems MSIL is really agressive about this one and will the agressiveness be translated to a price lower than swift.The cars are already on the way and bookings have started at many dealerships.

ram
Old 8th May 2009, 12:40   #321
BANNED

I think the launch date of May 15th is a bad choice by Maruti. Since the election results are coming on 16th, there are chances that the launch may go unnoticed. Better to advance the launch by 3-4 days, and it will give much better publicity.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:36   #322
Senior - BHPian

What is thereason behind Maruti introducing cars with miniscule boots. Indians have harge families and a car with larger boot will be appreciated by the junta.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:04   #323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
What is thereason behind Maruti introducing cars with miniscule boots. Indians have harge families and a car with larger boot will be appreciated by the junta.
I'm repeating my observation: Companies are trying everything to decrease the size and and weight of small cars so as to increase the FE. Everything regarding small engines, small glass area, less rear legroom and non-existent boot space can be connected to this factor.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:09   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Rajneesh, don't you think we are making too much of an issue with this boot thing? Even today, even in small towns, most of the cars are not loaded to the maximum. So whenever they have load the luggage too even a big boot is not enough!! So they go for skyroof in any car they buy.
When it comes to city, mostly we travel lightweight. So why are we making so much of a fuss about small boot? Are we sure we are not missing out important things rather than concentrating on small issues?

For me the back of the car should be rigid enough to withstand the backside impact too. If we have a boot, it helps to absorb some more impact. So is MSIL making sure the structure in these small boot cars is good enough for back impacts?
Are we not worried about this?
Old 8th May 2009, 23:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

News guys,national launch may 15th,kerela launch may 20th.Even though we could not bring the launch date earlier we could do it later.but national launch will stay putt.
@highsteem -I am of the opinion that you just said.I feel there are other aspects to discuss.Can i put a point here-Will the climate control (which we are not sure whether its there or not even in ZXi) be efficient for such a BIG car if there are no rear vents for the rear passengers.And would that be one reason why we dont(if at all)have the climate control?
cheers

ram
Old 8th May 2009, 23:40   #326
BHPian

YEah Ram, Saw the teaser of Ritz that says debut on 15th May

Quote:
News guys,national launch may 15th,kerela launch may 20th.Even though we could not bring the launch date earlier we could do it later.but national launch will stay putt.
@highsteem -I am of the opinion that you just said.I feel there are other aspects to discuss.Can i put a point here-Will the climate control (which we are not sure whether its there or not even in ZXi) be efficient for such a BIG car if there are no rear vents for the rear passengers.And would that be one reason why we dont(if at all)have the climate control?
cheers

ram
Old 9th May 2009, 00:20   #327
Senior - BHPian

Article from Zigwheels.

source: Maruti Suzuki Ritz to debut on May 15- News- Zigwheels

cheers
__________________________________________________ _______________

Maruti Suzuki Ritz to debut on May 15

The Ritz is a premium hatchback that follows the tallboy design philosophy. It is the latest addition to MSIL's small car line up in India and from the looks of it; the Ritz is all set to give the A2 segment a boost.

To be launched in both petrol and diesel versions, the Ritz will be the first passenger car in India to be compliant with the BS-IV emission norms. The petrol engine is the brand new K series 1.2 litre four cylinder unit that develops 85 Ps and the diesel unit is the 1.3 DDiS unit that already does duty under the Swift diesel's bonnet. As expected, the diesel will dominate the sales charts.

The Ritz is MSIL's eighth new model within 48 months and in the A2 segment, it will be the 7th offering from the Maruti stable.
Old 9th May 2009, 00:42   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ritz TV commercilas are about to kick start and it would be teasers to begin with Highlighting the launch dates-may 15th.It seems MSIL is really agressive about this one and will the agressiveness be translated to a price lower than swift.The cars are already on the way and bookings have started at many dealerships.

ram
just caught a teaser!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009-1.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 01:57   #329
BHPian

did you guys see this:

Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Kinda lame.
Old 9th May 2009, 02:42   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote: