Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2018, 17:11   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: Highest reading on the odometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Pardon me for bringing up Commercial Vehicles here, but the highest odometer reading I've heard of in Team BHP is :
Only, I didn't had a pic of odometer reading.

Also, my vehicle wasn't the only one in newspaper transport field to have high mileage but probably there were very few with a single owner.

Among reasons were same route, almost same loads every day and mostly at same speeds as the route and time allowed was fixed. And yes, vital maintenance like oil change and others were mostly followed diligently.

Almost 90 % of the running was on highways. This probably helped. One of the most important factors was the vehicle would leave after 4 pm, do all the running during the night and would be back by 5 am.

Last edited by simplyself : 21st February 2018 at 17:24.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 20:17   #587
BHPian

I recently had a vacation in Austria. This odometer belongs to a ‘MAN’ bus which we had for sightseeing. The bus was in its 8th year and believe me she was tight as new! All credit goes to superb infrastructure on offer! In our country, such a high odometer reading is only possible if odometer has some serious issues
Attached Thumbnails
Highest reading on the odometer!-297c40ac36674e88bf0d1277877ebcca.jpeg  

ShubhamGhute is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:56   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
I recently had a vacation in Austria. This odometer belongs to a ‘MAN’ bus which we had for sightseeing. The bus was in its 8th year and believe me she was tight as new! All credit goes to superb infrastructure on offer! In our country, such a high odometer reading is only possible if odometer has some serious issues

There's got to be a decimal somewhere in between! 19 Lakhs is too high to be real!
Old 22nd February 2018, 13:58   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
In our country, such a high odometer reading is only possible if odometer has some serious issues
I have seen couple of MSRTC Shivneri buses doing duty with around 9 lakh kms on odo. And these looked fit to do many more miles. I think it is only a matter of time before we spot some volvo/scania in India with such astounding mileage!
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:17   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
There's got to be a decimal somewhere in between! 19 Lakhs is too high to be real!
Nope! Even I was shocked to see such a high number and was searching for decimal. But when I asked the coach captain he said such numbers are common for cars (especially the commercials) in europe!
Old 5th March 2018, 19:07   #591
Senior - BHPian

A Cochin based BHP ian who owns a fleet of Scanias completed the first 10 Lakh km in just 2 years 8 months. His bus runs the 1075 km between Cochin and Hyderabad in 16 to 18 Hrs. I'm not taking his name here, as it is upto him to post.
The leased Shivneri buses running Pune Mumbai do about 2.35 lakh km a year, and at the end of 3 years when the lease expires they have already run 7 Lakh km.
In Indian conditions those buses which whose owners stick to the 1 Lakh km service and oil change interval remain crisp and trouble free till at least 20 lakh km.
Many long distance buses do about 30 lakh km in their usage, beyond which Volvo Scania MB etc refuse to service them and recommend that they are scrapped. Some are running even beyond that with local service.

Try calculating the viablity of a bus to just recover the 1.25 cr cost pay the 4.16 Lakh per state per year road tax at current ticket prices the brake even comes at around 17.5 Lakh km and profit starts only after that.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 01:06   #592
BHPian

Don't know if this has been posted here before, but the video shows a 2006 Civic reaching 1000000 kms well almost apparently Odometer stops at 999999kms.
Shanksta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 01:01   #593
Senior - BHPian

Honda City iVtec 2008, 1,38,2xx. Still running on stock clutch, anyone ran this long on stock clutch. There is a slight judder on half clutch at hill starts, though.
Old 17th April 2018, 01:16   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Honda City iVtec 2008, 1,38,2xx. Still running on stock clutch, anyone ran this long on stock clutch. There is a slight judder on half clutch at hill starts, though.
I do not know about City. But one of colleagues here in Germany was driving a previous gen Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI for 2.4 Lacs kms with stock clutch! He usually drives more on Autobahns than on city traffic so the clutch life could not be a surprise.
Now he changed his car to Superb 2.0 TDI after getting repeated EGR issues with ECU update for emission scandal.
Old 17th April 2018, 07:18   #595
BHPian

108K kms and counting on our 8 year old E90 330i.

Even though it breaks our bank to pay for its 5.4 kpl city fuel consumption, we still use it for everything, from daily rounds to the fish market to gruesome road trips once in a while. This baby has seen and done it all, and probably will for many more years to come. The rev happy engine still feels as good as new, and other than a full change on the suspensions a year back, everything else is mechanically the same, including the clutch.

Highest reading on the odometer!-69c5cd69708044d295c224a01f6dc212.jpg

Highest reading on the odometer!-img_1778.jpg
haldar_siliguri is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 08:11   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Honda City iVtec 2008, 1,38,2xx. Still running on stock clutch, anyone ran this long on stock clutch.
I’m getting there. 125k Kms on my 2015 Verna CRDI. Still on stock clutch, still works as the day I got her home.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 08:48   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I remember reading about a Civic with stock clutch at somewhere around 160-170K on Team-BHP itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Boy, glad to see a BMW, that too a petrol having a high odo reading. This stays primarily in Siliguri?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 18:50   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Boy, glad to see a BMW, that too a petrol having a high odo reading. This stays primarily in Siliguri?
Thanks Sheel, great to hear from you after so long. Yes this stays primarily in Siliguri. The last long road trip I did in this was a 1200km 18hrs run from Cal to Slg via Patna in 2016.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 03:58   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post

Even though it breaks our bank to pay for its 5.4 kpl city fuel consumption, we still use it for everything, from daily rounds to the fish market to gruesome road trips once in a while. This baby has seen and done it all, and probably will for many more years to come. The rev happy engine still feels as good as new, and other than a full change on the suspensions a year back, everything else is mechanically the same, including the clutch.

Attachment 1752375

Attachment 1752378
It is really amazing to see someone use their petrol Beemer just like how it is meant to be. I know many who do not even use their diesel Beemers like this. Kudos to you Sir for this!
RoadGlide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 08:38   #600
BHPian

Have done 160k kms in my 1st gen swift dzire in 5 yrs. Clutch set was original till I sold it.
Sold it 2 yrs back, don't want to sell it but got a tempting offer which I cant refuse.
No signs of aging in the car and a gem of a vehicle I would say especially the 1st gen, though many people don't like the design of that but for me it was a great car, also in my opinion of all the models of dzire it was the most comfortable one.
Still miss it.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed