Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 09:51   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

@jesal - go for it bro.
I don't think you would regret your decision.

@pav - The fiesta is a much superior vehicle overall. Like the Ikon it is very driver friendly and the engine is more powerful. If you can afford it, go for for it!
Old 6th December 2008, 10:55   #77
BHPian

Hi jesal - at this price point, i dont think you need to worry at all. Its a nice driver's car and IMHO one of the best looker in this segment. Buy the EXi and get aftermarket fitment of alloys, fog lamps etc and you will have an enviable ride at a very less price
Old 6th December 2008, 11:37   #78
BHPian

dont buy the ikon. yes the 1.4 diesel in it now is value proposition. but they rest of the car is very dull and looks outdated. especially the interior. and just overall look is dissapointing.

it would make sense to spend the money on a fiesta.
Old 6th December 2008, 15:52   #79
BHPian

@Forerunner

Thanks for the excel files. Its got everything needed. I wish the prices get extended till the end of the year. So far in hyderbad the sales exec at the dealership I am talking to says, lots of enquiries but not the bookings expected.

Surprisingly, SX4 has not jumped on the discount bandwagon. Which makes the Fiesta offer a smash.
Old 6th December 2008, 19:15   #80
BHPian

According to South Delhi Ford, EXi and ZXi kota is finished. they are taking no more bookings. only SXi available with disc of 20,000/-. according to the sales person, SXI has stopped moving and there may be some more discounts on SXi in near future (may be within dec08).
Old 6th December 2008, 19:42   #81
BANNED

i am giving this offer a pass seems too good to be true. i dont want to risk it at all since i do use cars for 10 days i dont think i can see ford in india for 10 years ill pass this offer and still go ahead and book another car on monday itself.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:53   #82
BHPian

Hi,

I had plans to buy a Ford car so had been to a SR here in Chandigarh (Saluja Ford Ind Area), but I think all these paper Ad showing fiesta for 5.29L is all to bring customers to the showroom. Here the Ad had came just 2 days back, and yesterday when I visited the SR, they said that offer is closed now as all stock was sold. I fell these car companies have started this new catch to get a customer to there SR.

Then i asked about Ikon, and got a reply that Ikon has a waiting of around 1.5 months. So if I book the car today, I will get the delivery by the end of Jan-2009, and more over he told me that the price are going up from Jan-2009 (around 25-30k). He told me even if I book today I have to pay the price which would be in the Month of Jan-2009. I was really thinking to go for Ikon as the price of swift Vdi and Ikon Diesel is some what same. But now Bye bye Ford Ikon.

Shame Ford India - For making fool of customers.

I am even going to send a mail to Ford India today.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:01   #83
BHPian

i had called kairali ford today and they were prompt with the reply and came to my home at 8 pm for a test drive!! lol..seemed the representative just had another 4 bookings(2 petrol EXi and 1 each of diesel EXi and ZXi)before he got to me!!
im planning to do a detailed test drive (fiesta petrol ZXi)on monday...which is close to 6.5L on road
Old 7th December 2008, 18:41   #84
BHPian

called up metro and lathangi ford in bangalore, both run out of stock for the petrol exi and zxi variants...:(
Old 8th December 2008, 08:04   #85
BHPian

i believe that the 2008 cars in stock and few more cars might be allocated to showrooms for this discount.many of the big metro showrooms have fewer cars for sale cause they sell of easier than non metro places.thats the reason why many among us don't get the chance to have our wanted ride.seems the discounts have made the fiestas (especially EXi)sell as hot cakes compared to before.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:46   #86
BHPian

@ariendj
From what I am hearing from the dealers in Hyderabad, there are no more cars being allocated from Ford India. In fact, they have a few lousy colours which they are pushing. I have already paid my booking but told them I need more colour options. Waiting for an response.
Old 8th December 2008, 18:10   #87
BHPian

In Hyderabad, offer is still effective and stocks available.

Last edited by sridak : 8th December 2008 at 18:12. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 8th December 2008, 18:30   #88
BHPian

The dealer for our city who also owns dealerships in other cities of our state also has no stock of the Exi and Zxi models. In fact a person from the showroom answered my call yest. and told me that they had just 5-7 cars to be sold and have done that already. So i guess it is a publicity gimmick after all. I wonder why they(Ford) had to do so coz people are nevertheless visiting their showrooms to T.D. the new Ikon.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:04   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@ariendj
they have a few lousy colours which they are pushing. I have already paid my booking but told them I need more colour options. Waiting for an response.
i too had the same situation.3 colors were not in the options for me and morello was a color that would take ages to get.i booked my ZXi in paprika red!!and will be getting it by this thursday(11 dec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
a person from the showroom answered my call yest. and told me that they had just 5-7 cars to be sold and have done that already. So i guess it is a publicity gimmick after all. I wonder why they(Ford) had to do so coz people are nevertheless visiting their showrooms to T.D. the new Ikon.
they wanted to sell those 5-7 cars before this year got over.its the same situation all around the country and people so readily jumped for it and ended up giving no chances to those with second thoughts and doubts about teh offer.frankly telling i was very lucky,a day later and i would have gone empty handed!!
Old 8th December 2008, 22:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridak View Post
In Hyderabad, offer is still effective and stocks available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i too had the same situation.3 colors were not in the options for me and morello was a color that would take ages to get.i booked my ZXi in paprika red!!and will be getting it by this thursday(11 dec)

they wanted to sell those 5-7 cars before this year got over.its the same situation all around the country and people so readily jumped for it and ended up giving no chances to those with second thoughts and doubts about teh offer.frankly telling i was very lucky,a day later and i would have gone empty handed!!
@Sridak
yes the offer is still available in Hyderabad, but at the dealers colour and choice . Not if you are particular about what you want. Please check with your dealer contact if he has White or Paprika red, they are very prompt in replying please book sir, we will let you know.

@ariendj
Lucky you man, enjoy the paprika red, its a real beautiful colour. It looks good on a fiesta. I envy you that you have booked the car in that colour let us all know once you get that delivered. Also can you check if the new 4% deduction in Cevat is being extended you during delivery(long shot but worth a try)

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks