Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 01:51   #91

Whats a decent booking amount ?

@Down South
Fortune Ford gave me a test drive. I'll need to decide between the Exi and the Zxi models. The sales does seem to be non-committal about the colours, yes. he's asking 1 lac for booking amount though. That seems to be excessive. How much was your booking amount?

Also what is the better dealer to book with? Modi or Fortune Ford? Thanks for your help.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:14   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
@Down South
Fortune Ford gave me a test drive. I'll need to decide between the Exi and the Zxi models. The sales does seem to be non-committal about the colours, yes. he's asking 1 lac for booking amount though. That seems to be excessive. How much was your booking amount?

Also what is the better dealer to book with? Modi or Fortune Ford? Thanks for your help.
@Toreador Tell me about it, Fortune is non-commital about anything. I paid them 1Lakh as well. Thats what everyone is putting on the table. Suprisingly they do not give you the order form with the color and other details on it(the reason I am bugged) If I dont hear from them today I am calling this off.

I did get a call from Modi yesterday, they do have a 2 ZXi available with them, and their booking amount is 50K. I would suggest go with Modi. I have heard better stories about them.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:14   #93
BHPian

Any idea whether the stock is till available at Chennai?
Old 9th December 2008, 13:24   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@Toreador Tell me about it, Fortune is non-commital about anything. I paid them 1Lakh as well. Thats what everyone is putting on the table. Suprisingly they do not give you the order form with the color and other details on it(the reason I am bugged) If I dont hear from them today I am calling this off.

I did get a call from Modi yesterday, they do have a 2 ZXi available with them, and their booking amount is 50K. I would suggest go with Modi. I have heard better stories about them.
Mody Ford is certainly better than Fortune. I bought my car last year from Mody, though it is farther away from my home. Fortune is a mere 2 kms away, but I heard from prior Ikon owners that their A.S.S. sucks.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Mody Ford is certainly better than Fortune. I bought my car last year from Mody, though it is farther away from my home. Fortune is a mere 2 kms away, but I heard from prior Ikon owners that their A.S.S. sucks.
@vnabhi infact I was quoting you in my reply, I had read somewhere in the forum about your experience with Mody. My sister's car is a Fusion, its from Fortune the A.S.S sucks but unfortunately, I had to book at Fortune since they had ZXi stocks. Glad you are having such a good time with the Fiesta from Mody. I am still waiting for a call back . I am done with following up with calling the sales guys, dont want them to feel I am desperate.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:44   #96
BHPian

Final call - How many guys actually bought the fiesta at the discounted price. I dropped mine today for choice of colour.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:05   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Final call - How many guys actually bought the fiesta at the discounted price. I dropped mine today for choice of colour.
i booked the zxi petrol.should have been getting it on thursday but seems ford at last has planned to implement the recent price cut on cars and so,il be getting it only next week.
for me it was rather difficult to choose the colors and didnt find any inability in procuring colors that i wanted!!
so the final deal is...paprika red!!
Old 10th December 2008, 23:03   #98
BHPian

I booked and cancelled a Thunder EXI. Didnt want to be rushed into a decision, also wanted to look at Linea.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:18   #99
BHPian

@ariendj I envy you man. Paprika red is really a good colour.You were real lucky to get the choice of colour which you are happy with. unfortunately, I was not able to get mine.

@Proxima same here, I was offered Thunder and Brushed metal, they really dont differ much . But i choose not to go in for it. Likewise am waiting for the Linea, dont know how long my patience will be around though.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:25   #100
BHPian

while i would happily go for any color if available here in b'lore :(
Old 11th December 2008, 11:22   #101
BHPian

They are out of stock!!!

After speaking to the dealers and getting my loan ready, I went to Kairali Ford in Cochin yesterday and they tell me. "Sir, Its sold out". They only have the Sxi available and I don't want that.

Anyone knows if an Exi is available with any of the Kerala Dealers?
Old 11th December 2008, 13:33   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
I understand that a very few number of cars are allocated to various dealers under this scheme. The number of 1.6 EXI and ZXI are dismal. Pls confirm this from your respective dealers and book asap if it interests you.
Pls read posts from your new friends too..
Old 11th December 2008, 14:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
They are out of stock!!!

After speaking to the dealers and getting my loan ready, I went to Kairali Ford in Cochin yesterday and they tell me. "Sir, Its sold out". They only have the Sxi available and I don't want that.

How did you get the loan ready without the invoice ?
Old 12th December 2008, 00:21   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
call the kairali ford at kottayam.they had stocks till 2 days back.they haven't billed any of the cars booked cause they are waiting for the new discounted rates after tax price cut from the govt.
i have pm-ed you the numbers of the showroom!call them as soon cause the offer ends in a day or two

Last edited by ariendj : 12th December 2008 at 00:28.
Old 12th December 2008, 11:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
How did you get the loan ready without the invoice ?
Lets just say that I have a previous relationship with HDFC
Actually I got it pre approved so that just the invoice has to be generated to finalise the whole deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
call the kairali ford at kottayam.they had stocks till 2 days back.they haven't billed any of the cars booked cause they are waiting for the new discounted rates after tax price cut from the govt.
i have pm-ed you the numbers of the showroom!call them as soon cause the offer ends in a day or two
Showroom numbers busy as hell. Trying again in a few minutes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks