Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 08:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Skoda offers 3years/50,000kms free maintenance plan for all models.

Today's ad in the paper says that all new skodas purchased this month come with a 3 year 50,000kms free periodic maintenance plan.

The offer is valid for all models of Octavia, Laura and Fabia and not for the Superb which is anyways on it's way out.

This should make the skoda a little on the easier on the pocket.

In comparison VW offers a 3years/45,000kms on the Jetta as well now.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:14   #2
BHPian

Yes, Even I caught that in today's newspaper. Its a good deal considering that Skoda Spares & service costs are exorbitant (me being the victim, earlier).
But , considering that its the year end & Skoda vehicles are not selling as much as they used to, I don't think it will help the company too much to clear their stocks.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Any Idea whether the free maintenance plan can be had for existing customers too?
Or maybe a warranty increment?
Old 4th December 2008, 10:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Today's ad in the paper says that all new skodas purchased this month come with a 3 year 50,000kms free periodic maintenance plan.

The offer is valid for all models of Octavia, Laura and Fabia and not for the Superb which is anyways on it's way out.

This should make the skoda a little on the easier on the pocket.

In comparison VW offers a 3years/45,000kms on the Jetta as well now.
Hi!
I saw ads in Mumbai mirror & HT - I saw only 45000 kms. where did you get 50K figure. And unless its verified by a dealer- knowing skoda a lil bit- I think they will charge some amount for this package. If anyone has already confirmed this news - kindly, update us.

BTW - I have paid token for Laura and based on an insiders news after announcement of such package for Jetta last month- I had put my final purchase on hold in the hope that they will announce it for Skoda cars too.
Good news- just waiting for final confirmation and how much do they charge for this scheme if its paid.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:38   #5
BHPian

Hey folks, am new to TBHP.
Do you know if this scheme is available on the vRS? I heard that the vRS was still available on order - now i am tempted!
Old 4th December 2008, 10:42   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Hi!
I saw ads in Mumbai mirror & HT - I saw only 45000 kms. where did you get 50K figure. And unless its verified by a dealer- knowing skoda a lil bit- I think they will charge some amount for this package. If anyone has already confirmed this news - kindly, update us.
Bangalore newspaper clearly says 3years/50,000kms for all skoda models.

Yesterday's newspaper had VW ad saying 3years/45,000kms for Jetta models.

Just called up Vinayak cars here in bangalore. They say warranty is 2years/unlimited mileage and maintenance plan is 3years/50,000kms. This is free of cost with purchase of any new car. It cover's consumables including oil/service charges and labour.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:52   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Any Idea whether the free maintenance plan can be had for existing customers too?
Or maybe a warranty increment?
No chance. The reason they are giving these offers is because of the slowdown, but since you have already bought the car their headaches are solved.

It seems like VW is not making any differentiation between their two brands. Same offers on both, i guess it's just the VW badge as their USP.
Old 4th December 2008, 12:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It cover's consumables including oil/service charges and labour.
Wonder if they will now insist on synthetic oil for these cars. Can they opt to use mineral oil?
Old 15th December 2008, 22:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Correct Info

Hi All,

Vid6639 is right. The offer is for 3yrs or 50000kms, which ever is earlier. It covers general service components, services and labour.

I am unsure if this has been put in newspaper ads [I haven't seen the ad yet] but Skoda dealer in Bangalore, Vinayak cars sales asst mgr confirmed the offer is only valid on cars INVOICED before the 31st of December 2008.

I'm not too sure if he is right or not, but he mentioned that Skoda announces such offers only during the months of November and December. I would tend to believe that, since he otherwise seemed to be very well informed of what he sells.

IMO, it is a good offer. In an average, the sales asst mgr claimed the first 3 services comes to a cost of 4K, 4th service around 6K and 5th service at around 8k. These are approximate values and for Fabia. If this is true, then these savings are sizeable.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:38   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

They really expect this time-limited offer to boost sales to expected levels?
Old 15th December 2008, 23:16   #11
BHPian

I'd like to read the fine print before jumping to conclusions. If someone is going ahead with a purchase this month, please get a written assurance of what would/would not be covered in the 3 year free maintenance plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
They really expect this time-limited offer to boost sales to expected levels?
Time limited is what they hope it will be. This time the lack of sales is not just the usual year ending phenomenon. It's also a slow down these guys haven't witnessed before.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:21   #12
BHPian

OK the fine print in advt. says 'free periodic maintenance ' which could mean if you have problem in between the fixed maintenenace schedules defined by Skoda you are on your own . How does it compare with GM's 45,000 km free maintenance offer .
Old 16th December 2008, 11:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Its very beneficial for the consumers getting such free maintenance plans.

Does this mean I need not spend even a single paise on the purchased car towards maintenance till I hit 50000 kms or in 3 full years (clutch/suspension/oil changes/labour etc)
Old 16th December 2008, 11:47   #14
BHPian

One of my friend is planning to buy a Fabia and he was given a check list which includes those parts/services that are included in this free maintenance plan. The sales guy said that the free maintenance plan is worth 45k. In reality I would say it is worth about 20k as someone has rightly pointed above.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

I would agree drvhplyevraftr(gosh)
A normal skoda servicing costs around 6-8k

So the total would be somewhere in the region 20-25k ( or 30k to the max)

Most Viewed