Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2005, 14:52   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I dont care whether its 0 or a 100%. I am paying any less than other international counterparts and expect the same quality.

But then quality is a problem with Mercedes anywhere, isnt it?

GTO

I love my BALENO Yahooooo!!
Old 14th April 2005, 14:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvmaster
I am a BMW fan. And a major one. But if i am saving up today to buy one tomorrow, only to know then that the car has tons of problems... hell i would be disappointed but i sure wouldn't buy it. And if i bought it.. i'd definitely feel cheated. Its as good as your spouse whom you dedicate a lot to, cheat on you.

yeah u r absolutely right in saying that you wouldny buy it.then what about all those people who were advised to buy a fiat petra or a palio .i know i am straying from the topic of mercs ,but isnt it related.
when everyone was saying to keep away from Fiat,some well knowledged people always use to say"Buy Petra.Buy palio",they had also gone to the extent of saying that when it comes to cars like the palio or the siena they will be the last ones to ever think about maintainence.abt a car that they are so passionate about
so what a siena for some maybe a merc for others.so dont u think ,quality issue or no quality issue,u should go and buy a merc?????????

Last edited by speedsatya : 14th April 2005 at 14:58.
Old 14th April 2005, 15:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
when everyone was saying to keep away from Fiat,some well knowledged people always use to say"Buy Petra.Buy palio",they had also gone to the extent of saying that when it comes to cars like the palio or the siena they will be the last ones to ever think about maintainence.
But do the Fiat cars really have reliability problems? Or is it just the A/S/S you are talking about? I have been reading a lot on these forums before buying my car and I have always made sure to get both sides of the argument. And there have been a lot of people who have spoken both ways.

There are some who love the products from the Fiat stable. There are some who don't. Both sides have always put their arguments forward. It is upto a responsible person to read up both sides and take an informed decision.

If someone goes ahead and buys the stuff without taking into considerations all the pros and cons and then complains ... well what can I say?

Now that GTO has put forward his list of woes, people should be careful. If they still go ahead and buy a Merc, then it is their problem, not the problem of someone who recommends a Merc. And yes, it is in everybody's interest that each and every one of us always puts forward a balanced viewpoint rather than an extremely biased one - from either extreme.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 14th April 2005 at 15:32.
Old 14th April 2005, 15:29   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Satya,

Do me a favor and take Fiat to the other topics. Its already been beaten to death on threads elsewhere on Team-BHP. But yes, there is no doubt that my friends Palios and Petras have been infinitely more reliable than the many Mercedes' in my circle.

Rx, There were a lot of threads created on Mercedes quality in the year 2000 and 2001 on other boards. They may be revisited.

TSK, I am most certainly taking Mercedes to court. There is no doubt on that. I dont care about the end outcome but what I intend to do is create awareness about the problems with their cars and the high upkeep costs.

I guess its my mistake that I didnt ask at the time of booking what the service costs are, but how many people are aware that the second service of a C Class costs Rs.37,000 officially? What a money making racket. I cant even fathom what E and S Class owners shell out for their routine services. Its a Mercedes - fine. But 37 grand for a second service? This was discussed by me previously at this link

I have owned a Premier Padmini 137 D, a 118 NE and an Ambassador. But even they did a better job of getting me from point A to point B with more reliability. Whats the point of spending 25lac upward for a car that you cant even take out of town with your family?

Its an outrageous insult to the three-pointed star to be ranked below even Chrysler in some quality surveys.

This is not an experience that I have enjoyed, or would wish on anyone else. Hardly.

But Team-BHP is all about information. And I have backed mine up with official invoices.

Quote:
every one of us always puts forward a balanced viewpoint rather than an extremely biased one - from either extreme.
Well said.

GTO
Old 14th April 2005, 15:49   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
TSK, I am most certainly taking Mercedes to court. There is no doubt on that. I dont care about the end outcome but what I intend to do is create awareness about the problems with their cars and the high upkeep costs.

I guess its my mistake that I didnt ask at the time of booking what the service costs are, but how many people are aware that the second service of a C Class costs Rs.37,000 officially? What a money making racket. I cant even fathom what E and S Class owners shell out for their routine services. Its a Mercedes - fine. But 37 grand for a second service? This was discussed by me previously at this link

I have owned a Premier Padmini 137 D, a 118 NE and an Ambassador. But even they did a better job of getting me from point A to point B with more reliability. Whats the point of spending 25lac upward for a car that you cant even take out of town with your family?

GTO
GTO,
Another thing, Team-bhp and such places may be the only place for awareness. The indian Press, esp Times of India like newpapers have a policy not to publish anything against the companies that pay for ads. Also have you tried the autocar way. They contact the management on your behalf. There was something about a C class with faulty AC which the dealer did not rectify. Autocar contacted the Mercedes management.

Also you can put up a nice, bumper sticker with something like "I regret buying a merc". And make sure that the showroom guy sees it. Anyways best of luck. You will need to go to a national level court as you would be claiming to the order of 30-40lacs. 25 for the car and rest for mental agony. My friend in bangalore got 10000 for a fly in rasgulla. He had worked out a deal with the lawyer that 25% would be that chaps. 3 hearings and case was over. "Best of luck" dude.
Old 14th April 2005, 16:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative

?

INow that GTO has put forward his list of woes, people should be careful. If they still go ahead and buy a Merc, then it is their problem, not the problem of someone who recommends a Merc. .

yeah its definitely not the problem of someone who is recommending.it will be the biggest problem for someone who buys it.

but what do you say of the person who recommends that particular brand.

Quote:

But do the Fiat cars really have reliability problems? Or is it just the A/S/S you are talking about
just the ASS

***!!!!!!!!
.is ASS not important?????.

so do u mean to say that you will go for a car which is somewhat reliable but has absolutely zero ASS.
then my dear friend,i cannot help laughing at people like u
still,its ur money,u decide what to do with it.
Old 14th April 2005, 16:01   #97
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the support and the advice, TSK. Will certainly follow it up.

I dont want to get mad...Now I want to get even.

GTO
Old 14th April 2005, 16:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah its definitely not the problem of someone who is recommending.it will be the biggest problem for someone who buys it.

but what do you say of the person who recommends that particular brand.
Please refer:

Quote:
And yes, it is in everybody's interest that each and every one of us always puts forward a balanced viewpoint rather than an extremely biased one - from either extreme.

Quote:
just the ASS

***!!!!!!!!
.is ASS not important?????.

so do u mean to say that you will go for a car which is somewhat reliable but has absolutely zero ASS.
then my dear friend,i cannot help laughing at people like u
still,its ur money,u decide what to do with it.
You are being very annoying here. Where did I say A/S/S is not important? And yes please go ahead and laugh if you wish. I think being personal is in your nature. Rather, you neither seem to be balanced nor do you seem to be objective.

P.S. As GTO said, please create another thread if you further want to discuss this issue.
Old 14th April 2005, 17:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are being very annoying here. Where did I say A/S/S is not important? And yes please go ahead and laugh if you wish. I think being personal is in your nature. Rather, you neither seem to be balanced nor do you seem to be objective.
LOL! Relax, typeOnegative! Tempers are heating up. By blaming him, you are getting personal, too :-) Why dont you guys just go out together and buy each other a drink and cool down?
Old 14th April 2005, 17:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
LOL! Relax, typeOnegative! Tempers are heating up. By blaming him, you are getting personal, too :-) Why dont you guys just go out together and buy each other a drink and cool down?

Hey good advice. But what if the discussion gets back to Palios/Petras in the bar? LOL

Hey Speed, sorry .... and to GTO too for hijacking his thread.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 14th April 2005 at 17:24.
Old 14th April 2005, 17:38   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GTO,
Let us know the outcome of your case and if you are reimbursed with more then 40L then pray that our merc also develops problems.
Really sad, the way mercedes has deteriorated.
As long as our car does not mess up, i am happy.

Oh and ASS is not the deciding factor when it comes to cars.
It is a factor but not the most important one.
Old 14th April 2005, 20:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck GTO, lets hope this goes well.
Old 14th April 2005, 20:17   #103
BHPian

shouldn't you be going to the consumer redresssal forum rather than a higher court.
Old 14th April 2005, 23:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey good advice. But what if the discussion gets back to Palios/Petras in the bar? LOL

Hey Speed, sorry .... and to GTO too for hijacking his thread.

no worries pal.
love cars live cars.
Old 16th April 2005, 23:18   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator Note: Kindly start a new thread in the relevant section to discuss your particular problem.

Last edited by Revvmaster : 17th April 2005 at 12:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed