Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 08:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Will I get benefit of this price reduction? I have made down payment for the Chevrolet Spark and made down payment. The car loan is supposed to get processed by today. Not yet taken delivery. Please advise.
i think you can argue on that becase as my salesman of swift said that the schemes will be only available to you at the time of invoicing or billing of vehical , irrespective of when the booking is made .

So go and check with your dealer , you might get the discout enough for basic ICE needs .
Old 8th December 2008, 08:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will I get benefit of this price reduction? I have made down payment for the Chevrolet Spark and made down payment. The car loan is supposed to get processed by today. Not yet taken delivery. Please advise.
I would be surprised, if the dealers reduces himself without you saying anything.

But, you should surely tell him to do so. If he is not, then just do one more calculation and see if its benificial to cancel and take new one. And tell him you will cancel and buy it from other dealers.

For sure, you will get it.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is great news. We are talking of a minimum 8K discount on the lower end models. 10L cars would get a 40K cut. Sweet!
Old 8th December 2008, 09:27   #19
BHPian

I hope they reduce the prices and pass on the entire 4 % benefit to the customers . This should be done across the range of manufacturers and for all models .

Otherwise manufacturers might ignore to pass on the complete reduction for the popular models and might also reduce the discount that they are offering at the current price levels.

Maybe the fianance ministry should take stock of the situation and see that the manufacturers are really following in principle.Otherwise the planned stimulus is going to go down the drain
Old 8th December 2008, 09:37   #20
BHPian

Great news indeed!!!

I was offered a 40K discount(25K+Dealer Discount+Corporate Discount) on Safari VX 4x2 plus some free goodies (Dinitrol Anti-rust treatment, 3M Teflon Coat with 3 yr warranty) even before this announcement...Will definetely wait to see if I can gain more "mileage" out of this 4% cut.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 8th December 2008 at 09:38.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Great news indeed!!!

I was offered a 40K discount(25K+Dealer Discount+Corporate Discount) on Safari VX 4x2 plus some free goodies (Dinitrol Anti-rust treatment, 3M Teflon Coat with 3 yr warranty) even before this announcement...Will definetely wait to see if I can gain more "mileage" out of this 4% cut.
You definitely should get another 4% discount as this is a direct VAT cut and no money is going from TATA's pocket.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
i think you can argue on that becase as my salesman of swift said that the schemes will be only available to you at the time of invoicing or billing of vehical , irrespective of when the booking is made .

So go and check with your dealer , you might get the discout enough for basic ICE needs .
Sir, When you meen invoicing, does it mean Invoiced in my name? or when the car has been invoiced from the company?
At present the car is lying in the warehouse. I think it has not been billed in my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I would be surprised, if the dealers reduces himself without you saying anything.

But, you should surely tell him to do so. If he is not, then just do one more calculation and see if its benificial to cancel and take new one. And tell him you will cancel and buy it from other dealers.

For sure, you will get it.
That's a nice idea, will talk to the showroom guys accordingly. Thank you for the help.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:20   #23
BHPian

The price cut in list price around 4% is sure. But I fear the companies will revise the current ample discounts on offer. Which in turn will offset the reduction in list price and end price will not change much from current level.

Hope companies reduce the prices keeping the current discounts intact.

Quote:
Sir, When you meen invoicing, does it mean Invoiced in my name? or when the car has been invoiced from the company? At present the car is lying in the warehouse. I think it has not been billed in my name.
Invoicing means billing in your name. Which happens only when 100% payment is done. And any price and discounts at the time of such invoicing will apply, booking time and amount immaterial.

Last edited by Bouncer : 8th December 2008 at 10:24.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:36   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hope ford follow suit and reduces the price of the ikon TDCI
Old 8th December 2008, 11:27   #25
BHPian

anyone has any news of revision of prices from Skoda. Their website is down and I guess they are too lazy to even respond ( or too greedy).
Old 8th December 2008, 13:12   #26
BHPian

So, now what would be the price of Mahindra Scorpio. I think if the prices have gone reasonably down, I'll think of buying one SUV.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:19   #27
BHPian

Well I dont want the Ford to reduce the price of Ikon TDCi, I just got the delievery of the same.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:55   #28
BHPian

Will the 4% excise duty cut be applicable on the Ex Factory price or on the Ex Showroom price?
Old 8th December 2008, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Well I dont want the Ford to reduce the price of Ikon TDCi, I just got the delievery of the same.
Every person who has bought the car recently will be thinking the same!

But think of it. Isn't it just a mental satisfaction? Any price decrease/ increase or no such change, is not going to put any money in the pocket of recent buyer or vice versa. Unless somebody is selling his/her brand new car.
Old 8th December 2008, 15:13   #30
BHPian

Yes - very good news for me too. But I just checked with showroom - Mahindra dealer - Bangalore.

In fact I have paid the booking amount for my new Bolero CRDe. The salesman was forcing me to close the deal today itself and trying to trick me by saying its only for new vehicle booked now and all that. Then he admitted - its only in paper - they have not received any instruction from the company or top guys.

I am also waiting for any reduction in car bank loan rates too.

fingers crossed and praying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Maruti has already announced price cut effective from midnight. Others may follow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks