Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 14:50   #16
BHPian

I cant really comment on if the decision is genuine or not, but I can sense how Fiat is playing safe this time. Linea is only hope for them to revamp their image in India and i feel they dont want to take chances with such beatiful product. So they are preparing hard for the launch of Linea.

Those who are interested in buying C+ segment sedan, it will be worth the wait.
Old 8th December 2008, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Considering the current Automotive Scenario I think its a wise decision on part of Tata-Fiat. The market is terribly volatile with everyone offering huge discounts to sell their product, loan rates are going up/down. Who knows where is it going to endup?

With those huge discounts on Fiestas, Vernas, etc, Linea may not get much attention. Since Linea is launching new pricing definately not expected to match discount price of Fiestas/Vernas/Hondas. Better wait for a few months to understand the trend, adjust the product/features/price to match demand/competition.
Old 8th December 2008, 16:59   #18
BHPian

Its official!!

The website has removed the "Coming in December" image and it now says "Coming Soon"!!!!

How soon, only time will tell!!!
Old 8th December 2008, 17:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Its official!!

The website has removed the "Coming in December" image and it now says "Coming Soon"!!!!
Not bad. They are prompt in updating their website accordingly. I too agree that they should wait till the market condition has improved a bit so that the new car will not suffer for reasons beyond it.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't this thread be merged with Linea Production thread?
Old 8th December 2008, 17:40   #21
BHPian

Bye Bye Fiat. Bye Bye Linea.

That is it. This company is not willing to sell cars. I was ready to book on the first day itself. I have decided not to buy the Linea as I'm really disappointed with their launch tactics. However, I will buy it when they launch the 120 bhp T-jet or some other powerful engine in Emotion+ variant later. Till that time, bye bye Fiat and bye bye linea.
Old 8th December 2008, 18:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That is it. This company is not willing to sell cars. I was ready to book on the first day itself. I have decided not to buy the Linea as I'm really disappointed with their launch tactics.
Are you going to post this in every Linea thread as i have already seen this in production thread
Old 8th December 2008, 18:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

what if market conditions/economy doesnt improve for a few quarters (a possibility! Already economists are pegging only 5.5% GDP growth rate for next fiscal) Would Fiat wait for few more quarters or even years before economy turns around?
Even bigger question - would Fiat survive till then if they dont plan to sell any cars?
Old 8th December 2008, 18:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That is it. This company is not willing to sell cars. I was ready to book on the first day itself. I have decided not to buy the Linea as I'm really disappointed with their launch tactics. However, I will buy it when they launch the 120 bhp T-jet or some other powerful engine in Emotion+ variant later. Till that time, bye bye Fiat and bye bye linea.

Ok, now u have decided not to but Linea what is ur second choice? bcz IMO if they are going to take very long time to launch the actuall vehicle i wonder when the 120 bhp T-jet will be launched

So its high time for u to select another vehicle instead of readying for the first day booking and getting disappointed each time & writing it in every Thread, I feel so sorry for u
Old 8th December 2008, 18:35   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
what if market conditions/economy doesnt improve for a few quarters (a possibility! Already economists are pegging only 5.5% GDP growth rate for next fiscal) Would Fiat wait for few more quarters or even years before economy turns around?
AFAIK, the launch is not due to the economic slump/recession. It is more due to the recent attacks in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Even bigger question - would Fiat survive till then if they dont plan to sell any cars?
Is FIAT selling cars? I thought they are selling engines
Old 8th December 2008, 18:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

After all they now prove they are FIAT.
Forget 120 bhp diesel, we are not even getting the car in the market.
What Fiat should do IMO :

1) Launch the car with three diesel motors and the base 90 bhp should start at Rs. 6.3-6.5 lakhs OTR.

2) Work on bringing cars with less time period in future.

The car was already late and not further late from what I read. I think it will find its going tough against G3HC that by a month more will be more established. Feature and diesel with Fiat badge wont work.
Fiat should understand that it is not having a brand image like Honda so that they can delay a product that can certainly help them in Indian market.

IMO, those looking or rather waiting for this car should now search for alternatives.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:07   #27
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IMO, those looking or rather waiting for this car should now search for alternatives.
What alternative? There is no alternative!!!! We're doomed I tell you, DOOMED!

BTW- How long have we been waiting for this legendary Automotive Messiah?
How many threads in homage to this mythical creature? Lets just make a Linea speculation thread in the FIAT section of the forum and be done with it.

DOOOOOMED!
Sorry guys, lighten up! Its just a car. They'll launch it when they are ready. Chill till then.

Old 8th December 2008, 19:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

@aago - I agree with you. ANHC is a 118bhp engine and still many ppl feel its expensive in 8-10 lac bracket so Linea with a 90 bhp should not be priced more than 6-8 lac bracket.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
What alternative? There is no alternative!!!! We're doomed I tell you, DOOMED!

BTW- How long have we been waiting for this legendary Automotive Messiah?
How many threads in homage to this mythical creature? Lets just make a Linea speculation thread in the FIAT section of the forum and be done with it.

DOOOOOMED!
Sorry guys, lighten up! Its just a car. They'll launch it when they are ready. Chill till then.

There are alternatives and one strong alternative is Verna with a 110 bhp engine ( I think you own one ).
Other alternatives are SX4, G3HC, Fiesta ( a great driver's car ).
Agreed its just a car, but a car that has good ride quality, good build quality and good handling. IMO, its a very good car for which many are waiting. Also even if a small car is not launched on time, at T-bhp we scream at it. Upto some extent its the excitement ( now turned into anger in case of Linea ) about the car that we all have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@aago - I agree with you. ANHC is a 118bhp engine and still many ppl feel its expensive in 8-10 lac bracket so Linea with a 90 bhp should not be priced more than 6-8 lac bracket.
I dont know where, but in one of my earlier replied I had posted that Linea should come with 1.3 90 bhp diesel, 1.6 120 bhp diesel and 1.9 145-148 bhp diesel motors.
1.3 must be pitted in 6-8 lakh range, 1.6 must be slotted in 8-10 lakh range and the 1.9 must be in the range of 10-13 lakh.

1.9 can target a very wide range from Cedia to Jetta and base level Laura.

If this is the way it happens, then Fiat will have very handsome volumes at hand.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Surprisingly, no one feels Fiesta is overpriced, as it has only 68bhp and still can cost 8L.

Same way Octavia with 90bhp should be priced in the same 6-8 lac bracket, if we have to pay according to the bhp. for 6lacs we are not even getting dzire with 75bhp with limited features, and we expect Linea to be priced around 6lacs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks