Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 18:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

@Jos- Nope. The criteria is unbiased and simple and i have explained few factors regarding that in most of them. i am considering the complete package which is performance, features and current pricing, You are welcome 2 disagree as its just my opinion.
@greenhorn- No buddy. I am not a TATA fan if you are thinking so.(i m a Honda and Skoda fan as i love their cars the most)
This is as per i feel the prices should be and didnt included Vista and Indigo as they seem quiet reasonable in comparison with competition, also i have stated Altis seems to be rightly priced considering the features they offer in that price.
What i missed is - Safari and Scorpio- First of all IMO they dont qualify for being a SUV(just by looks as the real SUV looks are say of a prado or outlander or Captiva etc so i feel its quiet unfair)
Then the pricing should of Safari and Scorpio should not exceed 9 lac and they go upto 12 lac (if i rem correctly the top models are there abouts)

Last edited by harry10 : 9th December 2008 at 18:03.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Jos- Nope. The criteria is unbiased and simple and i have explained few factors regarding that in most of them.
-------
Then the pricing should of Safari and Scorpio should not exceed 9 lac and they go upto 12 lac (if i rem correctly the top models are there abouts)
I am still not sure how you did arrive at pricing of these cars.

There are aspects like positioning, target market, promotion etc, which you might not be able to derive from within a car my friend.

Fabia is positioned in a very specific way. While everybody (including a few fabia owners) understand it is over priced they buy it for a reason. Pricing may be based on things that are not tangible.

Sometimes a higher price might give a perceived value and contribute to success in car sales, not always though.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
harry, you're seeing it from a Tata vehicle owner perspective. from that POV, pretty much everything else seems overpriced
I agree. Harry10, maybe you should reconsider your "benchmarks"
Old 9th December 2008, 19:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I agree. Harry10, maybe you should reconsider your "benchmarks"
I understand what you mean. But remember steel, labour etc cost roughly the same across the segment. These costs do not differentiate between manufacturers. Moreover the Vista quoted by Harry is a recently launched one. Hence the low cost is not because of an old design.

Inspite of all these, Tata is making money. If Tata can, the rest can too... That is if they are willing enough.

Last edited by Trapezio : 9th December 2008 at 19:06.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:14   #50
BHPian

How come?

Some days before news came up with photos of the LINEA cars lined up in the ranjangaon plant. If the cars have already been produced as 2008 lot, how can FIAT have its launch in Jan 2009. Will they not sell all the stuff that were made in 2008?
Old 9th December 2008, 22:14   #51
BHPian

Well, this is disappointing news indeed. Well, hope they change their mind and launch it already. Fiats launch speculation and continuous delays have made it a joke.
Old 9th December 2008, 22:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
Some days before news came up with photos of the LINEA cars lined up in the ranjangaon plant. If the cars have already been produced as 2008 lot, how can FIAT have its launch in Jan 2009. Will they not sell all the stuff that were made in 2008?
They will use them as TD vehicles
Old 10th December 2008, 09:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well, the production has started. Fiat will not delay the launch inordinately and build up inventory. I believe that the car will be launced by 1 week ok Jan. If Fiat does so and begins deliveries immediately it should not bother any one. Honda launced the City in September and th deliveries started only in the dswecond half of November.

Not too many people will be keen to take delivery in December. Now, Fiat will be able to factor in the Centvat duty cut and price the car accordingly.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Its Just an animation work u don't need to worry, the actuall car will be an 2010 model
Old 10th December 2008, 14:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
You can expect huge discounts at the time of launching itself. cheers:
Old 10th December 2008, 14:31   #56
BHPian

Fiat Linea and Mahindra Launch Pushed Till January 2009

A snippet from Car Trade India confirming the delay in launch of Linea. Quotes an unnamed Fiat India spokesperson

Fiat Linea and Mahindra Launch Pushed Till January 2009 | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 10th December 2008, 14:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
the actuall car will be an 2010 model
Wow, we'll be getting the Linea 2010 model in Jan'2009 itself! Brilliant!
Old 10th December 2008, 14:43   #58
BHPian

Alternative to Linea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Ok, now u have decided not to but Linea what is ur second choice? bcz IMO if they are going to take very long time to launch the actuall vehicle i wonder when the 120 bhp T-jet will be launched

So its high time for u to select another vehicle instead of readying for the first day booking and getting disappointed each time & writing it in every Thread, I feel so sorry for u
I deliberately didn't respond to your question for two reasons: first, I wanted to confirm the delay in launch of Linea and second, it was very difficult for me to think of something else, specially something that will match Linea in that price bracket in terms of ride and handling, features and safety and quality, specially in diesel.

The only alternative which came up in my mind was i20 diesel, which again I'm not sure of the 90bhp CRDi, ride/handling and price. So, not willing to bet on that again and get disappointed.

I inquired about the Fiesta S. They are offering 20K discount till 12th of this month. I'm talking to Lathangi Ford, Bannerghatta Road. Let us see what happens. Because I'm still half hearted to go for petrol.

Ok. Let me stop here before the thread goes somewhere else.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:46   #59
Team-BHP Support

FIAT won't survive the economic crisis on its own: FIAT chief executive.

Looks to sell/ merge the company.

Fiat chief executive warns: we can't survive alone | Business | The Guardian

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th December 2008 at 14:48.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
FIAT won't survive the economic crisis on its own: FIAT chief executive.

Looks to sell/ merge the company.

Fiat chief executive warns: we can't survive alone | Business | The Guardian
Atleast we can trust the above news related to Fiat. Unlike Fiat India, where only unseen and unknown spokesperson seem to be representing them here. Every news item coming up regardging the delay of Launch by Fiat and M&M is being copied from the original site.

"Will the Real Fiat spokesman please stand up."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks