Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 16:00   #61
BHPian

But I don't understand why Fiat has delayed the launch. I think that the month of December was a good time for launch. Everyone would be celebrating the Christmas season with gret joy and may make car purchases.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Wow, we'll be getting the Linea 2010 model in Jan'2009 itself! Brilliant!
Who told you, u will be getting Linea by Jan2009 IMO we may get it in Jan2010 that is the reason for 2010 modelBrilliant or not!!!
Old 10th December 2008, 17:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
FIAT won't survive the economic crisis on its own: FIAT chief executive.

Looks to sell/ merge the company.

Fiat chief executive warns: we can't survive alone | Business | The Guardian
for me this kind of settles it. I had some hopes on FIAT would do a good job with Linea and will revise its fortunes here. The people here aren't even sure when to release the car, and now the parent company is shaky.

Doesn't leave much for the car buyer in general right? GM & Ford are being bailed out by govt, FIAT says its shaky - so i guess i have to stick with the Japanese or Maruti.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 10th December 2008 at 17:57.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

Skywalker, the recession is having an impact on all the companies worldwide, no company is aloof!

Even Japanese cos are impacted big time, their car sales in US, Europe etc is hitting bottom.

And even if something drastic happens to Fiat, Italy's govt will offer a bail out for sure.
Old 10th December 2008, 18:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Skywalker, the recession is having an impact on all the companies worldwide, no company is aloof!

Even Japanese cos are impacted big time, their car sales in US, Europe etc is hitting bottom.

And even if something drastic happens to Fiat, Italy's govt will offer a bail out for sure.
Thats true finneyp, and I guess we have all seen Honda pulling out from F1 due to this reason..and with regards to FIAT if you read the complete statement he has made I personally feel its their way of telling the govt that be ready we might need some cash..(conspiracy theory here!!) and he is open for any mergers. We will sure hear more of all this in the coming months
Old 10th December 2008, 19:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

A few answers in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridak View Post
Delighted to know that the Linea's performance is bad against Dzire.

In 0-100 dash and 0-60 dash, Dzire is faster.

so you mean to say that all those Merc's, and BMW's should cost less than Dzire, fiesta, and Octavia’s as their FE is too low.

The Octy and Linea pricing are almost on similar lines. Merc and BMW are on sky as far as pricing goes.

Octy is delivering 90bhp with that heavy 1.9Lt engine, where as Linea is able to deliver the same power with a smaller engine 1.3Lt which is more refined and silent.

But too small for a car of that size and weight and it would reveal in FE figures.

If you consider the features, of Dzire, Fiesta, and Octy, am sure Linea’s would have more.

BTW, Linea is not going to cost 10-12 lacs as mentioned by you. It’s in the range of 7 to 9L.

That is what ACI mentions, but when then no body is sure about it. Even if its in the range of 7-9, I would be still overpriced, something not expected out of Fiat.

IMO, the price should not be based only on the bhp or the acceleration. we also need to consider all other factors.

Can you tell me one really useful feature that Linea has over Octy, Verna, G3HC, SX4 ?
Rear seat Space, NO. SX4, G3HC are better ( my reference is ACI roadtest ).
Ride quality, NO. Octy is equally good.
Engine, NO. Octy and Verna diesel take over.
Safety, NO. Octy prevent Linea from taking over the crown.

No offense to any one please.
My argument is this: Suppose Suzuki fits in the G13B motor in SX4, and puts in more features like cruise control, etc. then again will we appreciate Suzuki for the SX4 ?
If Suzuki puts in the M16A in GV and gives it more features, then again will we appreciate Suzuki ?
In both the cases, the answer is NO.

So all I am trying to prove is that Fiat is acting like a miser here for not giving a proper motor to Linea. Also to some extent, IMHO, they are taking us for granted in this regard. To me atleast this shows its sincerity, or rather the lack of it, if they offer 1.25 VGT in Linea. I would then start appreciating Hyundai for the Verna Crdi. Fiat has the technology since long, so why they are not providing to India where a good diesel saloon can certainly gain good numbers if priced sensibly ( read under 10-11 lakh ).
Old 15th December 2008, 18:11   #67
BHPian

Now Launching On 14th January, 2009

Here we go again, another wait to enternity!
Attached Images

Old 15th December 2008, 18:20   #68
BHPian

Thank God atleast there is a date now, thats not bad actually considering the launch was delayed for a month or so.

I wish FIat India could do more than just a simple banner, just to keep the interest of prospective customers.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
This is utter Bull****. In the name of sentiments they had delayed the launch by a complete month! Now am not too inclined in getting the Linea as Fiat is not dependable at all.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:27   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Not too bad, it's less than a month. Provided no more change of dates
Old 15th December 2008, 18:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

That is quite a delay. I was somehow assuming that they would delay by a max of a fortnight, but the delay is of almost a month.

The only silver lining is that they have announced the dates officially now.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Give credit where credit is due .. atleast they are consistent.

Linea's always a month away.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:36   #73
BANNED

Well Said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post

Well said! But I still don't get the point though... Xylo will release on the 13th of January and considering Xylo is being advertised as a sedan modified @ 7 lacs, Linea will have a competitor- dosen't that deter FIAT? I mean they have been avoiding a launch date since September on fears of 'competition' from Honda City and now, they want to go head on with the Xylo- that seems stupid- Anyhow FIAT has always got its market statistics wrong... Good Car, Bad Marketing, Someone has got to bring this to Fiat's notice (not that it'll help in anyway). This kinds of market tactics are just ruining the image even more. At this rate theyll only get a bunch of people who choose to buy a car in January without realising that they have actually gone for a car that has been delayed beyond frustration... still my LAST hopes havn't dieed- anything beyond this date and I wont breath the word FIAT anymore!

WAITING.... -29 DAYS TO GO- HMPH!!!!!
Old 15th December 2008, 19:57   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post

Atleast better than Hyundai who still have no clues about the launching of i20 in India.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Atleast better than Hyundai who still have no clues about the launching of i20 in India.
Economic recession you see.Companies are too scared it seems

Last edited by noidaboy : 15th December 2008 at 20:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks