Team-BHP - Swift gets new engine from Renault?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift gets new engine from Renault? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50241-swift-gets-new-engine-renault.html)

Swift Diesel will be having a new heart soon (from Renault! Logan's?).

I got this info from a friend of mine. A sales person from Ford also told me the same.

Is it just a rumor? or ???

Mods: I searched for a similar topic and could not find. And please delete the thread if you strongly feel that the news is just a rumor. :)

:Shockked:

The Renault Logan Engine, though is more efficient, is quite underpowered when compared to the DDIS heart.

The peppy and rev friendly engine is the biggest factor pulling people towards the Swift 'X'Di. I would not suppose Maruti would do this.
If they do, it would seriously affect the future of Swift and Dzire.

Have you heard of this from a reliance source close to the Marutis' ?

I guess its just a rumor cause the Swift DDIS is the best seller from Maruti and still has a long waiting for it, why would Maruti play this gamble and change the best selling cars engine. I guess no Logan engine on the DDIS.

seems very unlikely that mul will purchase a new engine when it has its own engine manufacturing plant in india

The news was quite believable to me while considering the delivery time of Swift and Dezire.

Or probably Maruti is looking to offer this is an option to Swift / Dzire buyers along-with the current unit from Fiat.
This could be more of a demand supply issue here. The logan is not selling in sufficient numbers. The Dzire has a 6-7 month waiting period. Mahindra-Renault can transfer a few of their units over to Maruti who would be happy to plonk them in their cars given that they get to move the cars faster off the assembly line and minimise the waiting period.

Maybe it is true . Maybe maruti wants to add another variant to reduce waiting time.

Yesterday I was with one of my relatives, who works at Maruti's Engine plant at Manesar. He told me that even swift sales are down and only Sezire is doing well.

He didnt mention anything about the new engine (I didn't ask as I was not aware of any such rumour). I shall confirm when I meet him again.

Tatas have the license to the FIAT engines after their collaboration and they have raised an objection to the engines being supplied to SMIL. So SMIL are looking at various other options is the news doing rounds.

Why do Tata's have objection of SMIL using the DDIS!

Isn't this engine was jointly devloped by GM, Suzuki and Fiat

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_budhiraj (Post 1083569)
Why do Tata's have objection of SMIL using the DDIS!

Isn't this engine was jointly devloped by GM, Suzuki and Fiat

Yes it was a GV between Suzuki & Fiat. But in India the scene is different it seems. Tata have the upper hand here for some odd reason even I can't understand. So SMIL will either have to build their own engines (and get fiat to agree) or import them from other fiat establishments from other parts of the world. That would escalate the costs further, which is why they are probably looking at Renault engines?

Does anyone know the intricate details about the tie up between Tata, Fiat and SMIL here? Who is manufacturing the engines. Who has the official license to take such a call etc.

Guys, aren't Maruti manufacturing the engines themselves now?

Also, the Suzuki-GM-Fiat link broken now? Now the link is GM-Suzuki. Fiat is nowhere in the scene. Probably they might be getting royalty, thats it.

Edit: I think this thread is related to:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...zire-true.html

But why on this earth Maruti will do that? DDiS is such a lvoely engine. and its already fetching good numbers for Maruti. Look at waiting time for Swift Diesel

Maybe this is only for the Dzire. After all the Logan does have a 1.4L engine which maruti could tweak up a bit & push it to 90 Bhp as Fiat has done for the Linea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1083803)
Maybe this is only for the Dzire. After all the Logan does have a 1.4L engine which maruti could tweak up a bit & push it to 90 Bhp as Fiat has done for the Linea.

Logan diesel is a 1.5L engine with 65bhp.