Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 13:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

We all know it hurts when you spend 10+ Lakhs and dont get few basic things, it hurts even more when you don't get things which you can't get fitted afterwards. But what would we call the base model then.. Or actually the base should not be so basic and should have few more features but then again the company will come out with the real base model as the sale goes down, with no basic things in it... All cars have base model, its personal choice weather you like top model of a lower segment car or base model of the upper segment cars.

The car companies are very smart these days, they avoid direct competition in each segment. Instead they place their new model in empty space where there is no choice and to lapup sales of their competition they bring out either base model or fully loaded model.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 13th December 2008 at 13:10.
Old 13th December 2008, 13:13   #47
Team-BHP Support

when i got my g4 it had a casette player. seems theyre doing this just to get ready for the facelift. im sure theyll come up with a much more vfm product after the facelift.
Old 13th December 2008, 17:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
toyota does not even provide internally adjustable mirrors in the G4, forget electrical! you have to roll down the windows and adjust them!
That's real bad from Toyota side... I think G4 is no more a basic version. Even it does not comes with a fog light. But still people praise them like a crazy. It also has underpower Braking system. Means your are putting your life into risk while driving (Suicide).
Old 13th December 2008, 17:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

people praise the innova because its spacious, reliable and very comfortable, even i agree to that.
but are these the only criteria when we buy a 10 lakh car?
dont get me wrong, i bought a innova V and i am very happy with the car. yes, i feel it was a bit on the expensive side but still it has all the basic features.
but not so in the G4. even in the V, i had to buy mud flaps for Rs. 800 and floor mats.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th December 2008 at 17:56.

Most Viewed