Team-BHP - Sonata facelift w/ new interior: now called Sonata 'Transform'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Sonata facelift w/ new interior: now called Sonata 'Transform' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50336-sonata-facelift-w-new-interior-now-called-sonata-transform.html)

I saw a Hyundai Sonata Embera with revised interiors yesterday. I was going to college on a MTC bus when the car overtook us at a bus stop so couldnt get any pics. It was a white one with two guys inside with a red temp registration. It was spotted in front of Saveetha Engg college, just three km away from the Hyundai factory on the Chennai - Banglore highway.The in interiors looked really good. I did a google and am pretty sure that this(following picture) was what I saw. It was in right hand drive form.

Nothing gonna change for Embera in India. Brand Value. lol:

I dont think its much of an improvement compared to others cars in it's class.
Hyundai goofed up from the start with the interiors on the Embera.
With the Audi esque front-end and Accord rear, for the interiors Hyundai should had looked at some European models for inspiration.

Hyundai suffers from the same problem as Maruti. Both are not known for high end cars & Embera buyers would hate to run shoulders with Santro owners. Brand consciousness is very high in ppl with these income grous & the badge value really counts.

I agree with previous posters on brand value. I don't think many people would like to buy a hyundai car worth more than 10lakhs of rupees.

Hate those vertical A/C vents in the center console.

Even then, the Embera is such an under-rated car! I like the fact that for just a bit more than the Civic, you get a much bigger car.

I'd rather buy an Embera CRDI rather than the Laura Ambiente any given day - they're at the same price point!

Aaah, at last the dash of the Embera looks decent. The existing model has a hideous dash, and the Verna is its distant cousin on the dash front.
At least now the buyer will get a decent looking dash when he spends 15 lacs.

the only bad part of the embera was its interiors. it has the best ride and stunning looks. now with such amazing interiors, i hope it achieves the sales figures it deserves.

These awesome interiors with a 5speed auto box mated to the CRDi engine will make this car simply irresistible.

but i feel these interiors will be for the export version. in india, to cut down costs, the stereo will be replaced with a more basic and cheaper version, the steering controls will be gone... hope they keep the auto HVAC atleast.

This will boost the sales figure, if they launch it with the interiors shown in the image.
nice improvment in terms of interiors.

Avi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avin (Post 1085677)
This will boost the sales figure, if they launch it with the interiors shown in the image.
nice improvment in terms of interiors.

Avi

no boost in the sales and nothing will happen in india, as i stated in my above post regarding the brand value.

Indian Janta will say "Honda aakhir Honda hai" (i.e Honda is Honda) , no matter if they know anything about Accord or Sonata or Camry. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1085629)
These awesome interiors with a 5speed auto box mated to the CRDi engine will make this car simply irresistible.

I hope they give it the new look exterior that was shown for Chinese market. (inspired by Genesis). that would make it one hell of a car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1086064)
I hope they give it the new look exterior that was shown for Chinese market. (inspired by Genesis). that would make it one hell of a car.

Can you please show the pics for chinese market?

I didn't like the interiors at all !!