Team-BHP - First Drive: Tata Nano by CAR UK, 0-96kmph in 17 secs, 5-stars for feel good factor
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   First Drive: Tata Nano by CAR UK, 0-96kmph in 17 secs, 5-stars for feel good factor (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50389-first-drive-tata-nano-car-uk-0-96kmph-17-secs-5-stars-feel-good-factor-2.html)

Personally I would not Pick either the REVA OR the NANO.

Thanks Sidindica,

Finaly, Team Bhp is the first give intial impressions , Great.

The Engine, based on the technical grounds may not be peppy.

Thanks once again for the initial unbiased report

Very good news for Nano, especially after some bashing from ruthless western critics.

Finally, it seems, I will be TATAfied head to toe lol: I already work for them and planning to buy a Safari as soon as I come back to India. A Nano looks like the perfect office commuting vehicle clap:

Bravo Tata!

Thanks Sid for sharing the link.
That is super news for the much debated car. Nano with a 3 cylinder engine will definitely give the Altos and 800s the run for their money.

A good report!

What was that - first roll out on March 2009?

Hope they make it. The first date has already been missed due to various external factors.

But weren't the TATA manufacturing at their Pune plant few Nano's for the Oct release?

Very good report considering the bashing Indian products usually receive in the West. Maybe its the economic situation which is bearing on everybody's mind had a role to play in this.

Looks like a very good bet for a second urban runabout. Might not be easy to get your hands on one though!

This was a really nice "feel good" review. Good to see the Nano being appreciated by a journalist whose regular fare would be much more powerful/luxurious/comfortable!

I was pleasantly surprised by a few points:-I'm now looking forward to seeing this car in the flesh, er, metal.

That was a nice review, I know that this car will be welcomed with open arms :thumbs up
Some where down there I hope, more Nano's will be on the road and the number of Auto's will decrease. its roughly the same size right? I thought Dec 18 was the date for the Nano Roll out ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnda (Post 1087775)
That was a nice review, I know that this car will be welcomed with open arms :thumbs up
Some where down there I hope, more Nano's will be on the road and the number of Auto's will decrease. its roughly the same size right? I thought Dec 18 was the date for the Nano Roll out ??

Anything that causes a slight reduction in the numbers of those pesky three wheelers is welcome. :)

I read the same review in the Indian version of Car magazine. And walked away smiling :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1086491)
Oh does that mean its quicker than the Palio Stile and M800 ? Good!

From What angle is the NANO quicker than the Palio and the 800??

Then Nano is surely going to revolutionize the way Indians travel. No doubt about that!. It can also replace the autorickshaw in certain market segments as a mass transport vehicle. I only hope the project doesn't get sabotaged again by vested interests.

I'm so pleased the Nano has got this good review, because I have been a Nano backer right from the time the project was announced.

Tata has been singularly unlucky to have been caught in Mamata's ego trip, and had the wishy-washy support of the CPM and the tissue-paper approval of the Congress. All these people will pay for their politicking if not in this life, at least in the next.

I also believe that the Nano will give the common man a far safer option to take his biwi and bacchen to the market or the cinema. I can't bear to look when I see the Kinetic with a man, his six-year old in front and his wife holding on with one hand behind whilst clinging to the toddler with the other.The Nano will change that.

As for problems of parking, we need to address this by creating more parking spaces. In Goa, new buildings do not have to keep even one parking space per flat, and it's a fact that every unit generates the need for at least two spaces. We need to accept that as we are moving up the income scale, we must improve the infrastructure accordingly, and not penalise people with cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1089876)
From What angle is the NANO quicker than the Palio and the 800??

0-96kmph timing of 17 seconds.

I guess both M800 and Palio 1.1 Stile have 0-100 around 20.5x seconds. So 0-96kmph would somewhere around 18-19secs.