Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 02:31   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
guys

met a senior person from fiat who works at the ranjangaon plant and heads the painting division.according to him the sheer presence of the car is mind blowing.it looks and feels a lot richer than even the corolla.according to him the launch is indeed on 14th of jan and the poor market right now was the only reason for post poning the launch.he is damn confident about the product and is confident that people will buy this car even though it might not have a big opening.
thats wonderful i was waiting for something much nicer to replace my fiesta tdci.. ive seen the car being tested in pune a couple of times and it looks quite classy.. some lesser informed friends with me wondered if its going to be priced above or around 15 lacs.. it does actually look like a laura/jetta competitor
as far as the A.S.S. is concerned, the owner of wasan is a relatives good friend and he claims that the entire sales and service dept. is under process of being revamped and that fiat is leaving no stones unturned this time.. this might probably be the reason for the anxiety and delay of the launch..
Old 21st December 2008, 10:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
as far as the A.S.S. is concerned, the owner of wasan is a relatives good friend and he claims that the entire sales and service dept. is under process of being revamped and that fiat is leaving no stones unturned this time
Can you ask him what specifically is being done to revamp the sales and service? I have been to Wasan, Chembur and they really need to start from the basics like the way the service advisors talk. You can't have your staff saying words like 'Apun' to the owner of a 10 lac rupee car! And on one occasion, there were 3 advisors sitting and chatting but none of them attended to me because the one assigned for my car was 'busy' with a customer. I had to wait 40 mins for him to 'appear and help me out'.

Last edited by amit : 21st December 2008 at 10:40.
Old 21st December 2008, 12:03   #183
BANNED

Why is Linea COMING SOON AGAIN?

Why is Linea coming soon again!!!???
I hope it is sooner or I am dropping Fiat for sure! Even if Linea is an awesome car, Fiat service and marketing did NOT impress me. And as revealed by the paint shop insider, Fiat did not have feelings for any terror attack directly but was wanting market to improve!!!! (But anyways, who wouldn't want that to happen).
Old 21st December 2008, 18:08   #184
BHPian

Fiat has guts if they've postponed it again. I was a prospective buyer but if it's going to be this way i shudder to think of what would happen after the car's been bought. I know this thought is cliché & that this is what most of you are thinking but it really doesn't make sense. A car postponed because of Mumbai blasts, now it'll be because of santa, then new year, then republic day. I've had truly enough.
ps- I'd be amazing if they pull of a surprise by launching it earlier;It's fiat though, highly unlikely.
Old 21st December 2008, 18:15   #185
Senior - BHPian

All, Jan-14 launch holds good, am very sure it will be launched on Jan-14.

I don't see any reasons why they should delay any further.

Last edited by finneyp : 21st December 2008 at 18:17.
Old 21st December 2008, 19:27   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can you ask him what specifically is being done to revamp the sales and service? I have been to Wasan, Chembur and they really need to start from the basics like the way the service advisors talk. You can't have your staff saying words like 'Apun' to the owner of a 10 lac rupee car! And on one occasion, there were 3 advisors sitting and chatting but none of them attended to me because the one assigned for my car was 'busy' with a customer. I had to wait 40 mins for him to 'appear and help me out'.
Wasan tata has always been a little incompetent in managing their clients, the ford dealership however was quite nice, ive bought 3 ford cars from there till now and it has been a very pleasant experience except for ford's stupid A.S.S. i guess everything has to do with the training provided by the manufacturer and not the dealership owner. iam saying this because ive had similar experiences with other tata dealerships as well..
as far as ive heard about the revamp is that the sales and A.S.S. depts. are undergoing serious training before the launch and also the technicians working on the future fiat cars are going to be a lot more competent..
the pricing of the spare parts is also going to be on par or cheaper than the other cars in the segment.. they've carried out a lot of market research in the customer service area and are said to be working hard on it..
Old 21st December 2008, 19:59   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
guys

met a senior person from fiat who works at the ranjangaon plant and heads the painting division.according to him the sheer presence of the car is mind blowing.it looks and feels a lot richer than even the corolla.according to him the launch is indeed on 14th of jan and the poor market right now was the only reason for post poning the launch.he is damn confident about the product and is confident that people will buy this car even though it might not have a big opening.
Thats funny. If Fiat has its own painting division, I wonder why all their cars are painted at the Tata Motors paint shop in Pimpri?
Old 21st December 2008, 22:35   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Thats funny. If Fiat has its own painting division, I wonder why all their cars are painted at the Tata Motors paint shop in Pimpri?
This is a news to me ! ..its ok..As everyone knows its a JV between TATA and FIAT, There is no harm in getting a few cars painted in PIMPRI... There is nothing funny about it as long as they paint properly as per the required standards.
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:52   #189
BANNED

I'm surprised to know that Linea is not yet launched in my home country. But not surprising to see yet another thread on this very car. Expectedly, there'll be another thread or 2 when the car will be launched by next year or so.

Had a chance to drive one Linea in Istanbul. It was a good experience. The car felt solid and strong footed. It was a 1.6 engined version I think. Neat interiors and good seats. But I still have my doubts whether the car qualifies for a 10lac plus category. With that money I won't buy this car for sure in India.

Now, what is this Leaked thingy? Sounds funny and raises eyebrows everytime it's seen.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:31   #190
BHPian

There can be all sorts of reasons for Fiat to remove the 14th Jan launch date from their site.
First, they wouldn't have expected Fiesta to give so much discount and thus they would be waiting for the Fiesta discounts to end.
Second, Xylo would be launched on 13th Jan and thus they wouldn't want to confuse customers.
Third, they may suspect some blast around the 26th Jan as it always happens in India and thus planning to grieve.
Fourth, waiting for the i20 launch so that they would know the price, specs and customer response to that.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:40   #191
Senior - BHPian

If FIAT again postpones this 14th Jan launch, then there is nobody as "hopeless" as FIAT !!!
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
There can be all sorts of reasons for Fiat to remove the 14th Jan launch date from their site.
First, they wouldn't have expected Fiesta to give so much discount and thus they would be waiting for the Fiesta discounts to end.
Second, Xylo would be launched on 13th Jan and thus they wouldn't want to confuse customers.
Third, they may suspect some blast around the 26th Jan as it always happens in India and thus planning to grieve.
Fourth, waiting for the i20 launch so that they would know the price, specs and customer response to that.
excuses, excuses and more of them!
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:13   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If true, they will probably be termed as the weirdest excuses ever. Imagine expecting a bomb blast on 26th.

Frankly, as much as Fiat is likely to postpone the launch, I do not think that they will offer these as the reasons.
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:19   #194
Senior - BHPian

The Linea and later the GP are the last chance Fiat has in India. If they screw up the sales and service of these cars as well, then they may as well shut shop in india and be content with getting royalties from Maruti Tata and GM on their MJD engines.

But looks like Fiat will never learn!
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

Who'd want to buy a car from a manf who cant get their act together before the launch after repeated launch dates... Imagine what will happen to the customers once the car is launched.

Last edited by aseem : 22nd December 2008 at 11:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks