Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 17:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
with you and considering the sentiments of the whole nation and the partnership with TATA, I wouldn't dare to launch the celebrations of launching the car..

Yes they should postpone the launch till their Partners Taj reopens, it will be more appropriate if the launch took place in the Taj itself and the celebrations starts right there even if it takes a delay of 1 year for Taj to refurbish.

That will be a great co-operation between two partners and it will not affect the Indian sentiments and i beleive this will also make every one to buy FIAT products and help regain the lost market and the goodwill of the Indian Citizens what a great idea anybody on my side .
Old 12th December 2008, 17:22   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I agree that Tata was directly impacted by the attack. But I don't agree that Fiat is with the people here. We see more gruesome killings every now and then in our country and we have habitually moved on with the so called "Mumbai spirit" or whatever. Just because people at the creamy layer were killed, does it justify a magnified reaction or mourning. It is not surprising in our country though, because in our country even the former prime ministers are not equal. One full week of mourning for one PM's assassination, but hardly any mourning for the death of another great PM who changed the whole dynamics of India economy. So, it is probably not right for me to expect people to see common man and five star hotel customers equally. Never will the celebrities and politicians.

We have faced just another unfortunate attack. To me it is no different from any other killings, by internal or external elements. And I don't see any immediate solution to it. I would rather rely on the terrorist not to attack me than relying on our security/administration system to protect us. When my day comes, I will also go just like any one of those who had gone.

I just couldn't resist my feelings about others feelings of the recent happenings.
Opendra, Considering the fact that this forum is only about cars and related stuff, I wouldn't want to continue this discussion, but mate what you have said is on a different tangent and it would be difficult for me to agree to it
Old 12th December 2008, 17:24   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This letter shows how much the company is connected with the people of the country. I am owe my heart to them. They might have not lost anything, but their close business associates have (TATA) - Employees, family, friends and probably a reason to smile.

Mr. TATA, I am saddened beyond words. She'll be back, Taj would be back.

Mr. Rajeev, we are with you. Thank you for showing your commitment towards the members of this lovely country. It would have been easy for you guys to launch the car with much fan fare. Probably you would have succeeded as well. Just the way many news channels have forgotten the incident, people too would move on.

Thank you Fiat. My respect for the company has doubled.

Just need to prove this to their customers too. Japo tin box makers bye bye.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:31   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Opendra, Considering the fact that this forum is only about cars and related stuff, I wouldn't want to continue this discussion, but mate what you have said is on a different tangent and it would be difficult for me to agree to it
First, please remove the constraint in you. I'm Opendro, not Opendra.

I just couldn't agree with the people here showering all praises on Fiat and the process of a magnified horror among the elite people.

I respect your opinion not agreeing with me and you suggestion not to debate it here either. I think it is the right thing. I also share the sorrow of the people. Beyond that, I would suggest that other people desist from further magnifying the horror selectively, at least in this car forum. Thank you.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:36   #110
BHPian

I am desperatly waiting for Punto, Linea's After Sales Service can only decide Fiat's growth in Indian market.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:48   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that Tata was directly impacted by the attack. But I don't agree that Fiat is with the people here. We see more gruesome killings every now and then in our country and we have habitually moved on with the so called "Mumbai spirit" or whatever. Just because people at the creamy layer were killed, does it justify a magnified reaction or mourning. It is not surprising in our country though, because in our country even the former prime ministers are not equal. One full week of mourning for one PM's assassination, but hardly any mourning for the death of another great PM who changed the whole dynamics of India economy. So, it is probably not right for me to expect people to see common man and five star hotel customers equally. Never will the celebrities and politicians.

We have faced just another unfortunate attack. To me it is no different from any other killings, by internal or external elements. And I don't see any immediate solution to it. I would rather rely on the terrorist not to attack me than relying on our security/administration system to protect us. When my day comes, I will also go just like any one of those who had gone.

I just couldn't resist my feelings about others feelings of the recent happenings.

I with what u have said just postponing a launch of a car celebrations is not in any way do justice to the lost souls or the sacrifice made by our armed men

What i suggest, 1. will FIAT announce a financial package for the lost souls or a corpus fund for future tragedys 2. give employment in its factory or alot a dealership rights to the affected persons 3. least do they have Advetisement campaign against future terrorist attacks in educating our general public,or

How about the CEO reaching out to the affected people and sharing their grief personally

simply saying they are delaying due to public sentiments is not a correct statement not a proof to their delay

If its true,
Will they wait for the lauch till TAJ reopens
What is the Yardstick for a time limit of mourning, is one month enough for this War waged against India
Will they lower the price of thier product(cost price) to bring cheer into the minds of Indian Citizens
Are they prepared to share their profits against the war against the terrorism
Will they paint a slogan against terrorism on the car and deliver the Vehicle with a tricolour of our Flag in the dashbourd Flying proudly.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:50   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I just couldn't agree with the people here showering all praises on Fiat and the process of a magnified horror among the elite people.
There were lots of staff of Taj and the Oberoi hotels who were killed that miserable day and I'm sure they are not elite (I don't know what you mean by elite)

They all were normal people I forgot the CST

Anyways I feel what FIAT have done is the right thing
Old 12th December 2008, 17:52   #113
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering, how M&M launched delayed due to terror attack is accepted and FIAT is not forgiven for the same?
Old 12th December 2008, 17:56   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I was wondering, how M&M launched delayed due to terror attack is accepted and FIAT is not forgiven for the same?

Sorry, we are discussing the Linea Delay in this thread & not M&M vehicles
Old 12th December 2008, 18:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I with what u have said just postponing a launch of a car celebrations is not in any way do justice to the lost souls or the sacrifice made by our armed men
Well, I dont expect any car company to showing their CELEBRATION of the car launch to the world just 2 weeks after a 26/11. Hope this makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
If its true,
Will they wait for the lauch till TAJ reopens
What is the Yardstick for a time limit of mourning, is one month enough for this War waged against India
Will they lower the price of thier product(cost price) to bring cheer into the minds of Indian Citizens
Are they prepared to share their profits against the war against the terrorism
Will they paint a slogan against terrorism on the car and deliver the Vehicle with a tricolour of our Flag in the dashbourd Flying proudly.
You are going too far by thinking these things. Will you buy a car with a painted slogan? Rather, did anyone here think of painting their existing car with a slogan? Lets not dream and expect too far & too much.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:11   #116
Senior - BHPian

Lets not make this thread about Fiat bashing regarding the launch date. I am not saying they did right or wrong by delaying the launch as one can never know the real cause so no point in debating it.
Lets get back to topic- Sid where you lost man after posting the specs? Any further news about confirmed launch date or the pricing of the car?
Old 12th December 2008, 18:24   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Well, I dont expect any car company to showing their CELEBRATION of the car launch to the world just 2 weeks after a 26/11. Hope this makes sense.

You are going too far by thinking these things. Will you buy a car with a painted slogan? Rather, did anyone here think of painting their existing car with a slogan? Lets not dream and expect too far & too much.

Is the US the yardstick for everything come on man don't follow blindly bcz he is an white its already 60 years we have got our Independence be Swedeshi think Swedeshi, Even so US fired TomHawks Cruise Missiles into Taliban training camps within two days, do u people have that guts or will power or will u follow it as example

If public sentiments is atmost reason for the delay in launch of Linea i think FIAT should go with sentiments painted car against the terrorism will be definetly sold in my perception ( If I love India is being sickered why not slogan against Terrorism)
Old 12th December 2008, 18:31   #118
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, both Fiat and M&M have done a good thing by postponing their launch to Jan. But, I guess they both should go ahead and communicate their new launch dates ASAP. That will put an end to all the speculation.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:34   #119
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why some of us are getting agitated over the delayed launch, anyway the deliveries were to happen in Jan only.

Now, the launch & delivery will happen in Jan.

Chill, pill & relax!
Old 12th December 2008, 18:38   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I don't understand why some of us are getting agitated over the delayed launch, anyway the deliveries were to happen in Jan only.

Now, the launch & delivery will happen in Jan.

Chill, pill & relax!

Any official announcement about Launch date in JAN
Closed Thread

Most Viewed