Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 18:44   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Any official announcement about Launch date in JAN
Yes, please check the letter by Fiat India CEO posted on Pg 6 of this thread, he has mentioned Jan'2009, the exact day will be known in next 2 - 3 weeks.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:54   #122
BANNED

Linea Is Late!!!! But Specs Are Good!

SID INDICA....

TEAMBHPian SPY of the YEAR 2008. I couldn't give you a better compliment keep up the good work!

Now my post is split in three ways:

@ those who feel Linea is underpowered.

Common SX4 and as somebody pointed out Baleno and Octavia are all in the same range (102, 95,95 bhp resply) and they are all powerful.Final output CANNOT be decided from REVIEWS ALONE. Test Drives will only squeeze the truth and I don't think 95 BHP is underpowered in anyway. And anyways, the linea has enough and more accessories to compensate so dont make a big deal out of it! Fiat Petra and Indica might be more powerful in low revs and so on but its the overall performance that counts and I think Linea fits into its segment perfectly, perhaps a segment above too. And after all who will enjoy luxury at such break neck speeds? You dont need more than 100-120 kmph to thrill yourself so power is not a deciding factor! CONCLUSION: 95-100 bhp is more than enough.

@ those who criticise Linea's launch date postponement

I couldn't agree with you people more. Linea has been delayed far too long and maybe this is one of Fiat's publicity stunts. They could have very well postponed the date by a day and held a condolence ceremony or something like that on 16th to show their and India's sorrow. Opendro is right, Linea is in no way connected to the Mumbai blasts, and they should not affect car sales. Any how, there is no point complaining now. If you really had to ask, why is Toyota not postponing their Innova? To release a car is not to whine about releasing it, it is to release it with some sense and human STRATEGY.
CONCLUSION: I am all for the bereavement of the victims of the sad Mumbai terror attacks. May God bless them.

Fiat WAKE up. Thats all i'll say. Itll be three weeks on December 16th since Mumbai Terror attakcs and I don't think the nation is sleepy enough to bereave something of such magnitude and not get up on its feet to combat it in more than a week's time! We all will fight terror and get over our sorrow quickly! We should fight back and not sit silent.

@ people who wanted to know the launch date:

Linea will be launched on the New Year Day Jan 1st or the working day after that Jan 2nd.

Sources are well placed.

AUTOCARCR
Old 12th December 2008, 20:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody here think that this delay could be attributed to the difficulties parent company is going thru (despite whatever the FI CEO letter says... we all know management never tells the truth). Fiat has openly said they need govt support to survive. They could be waiting for that to happen, or else there might even be no Fiat in near future (either they'll be bought over by someone else or will be broken and sold as smaller companies - something what might be GM's future as well).
Old 12th December 2008, 22:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Does anybody here think that this delay could be attributed to the difficulties parent company is going thru (despite whatever the FI CEO letter says... we all know management never tells the truth). Fiat has openly said they need govt support to survive. They could be waiting for that to happen, or else there might even be no Fiat in near future (either they'll be bought over by someone else or will be broken and sold as smaller companies - something what might be GM's future as well).
I dont think the delay is attributable to the difficulties FIAT is going through. What additional expenditure does Fiat need to incur just to launch the car. Launch would be in their best interest as they would start earning revenue, since all costs on the model have already been incurred (eg: R&D, Testing, etc).
Old 12th December 2008, 23:01   #125
BHPian

I am with you harry10, SID where are you? I am sure a lot of hopeless souls(sorry includes me) are waiting for a few questions to be answered. Since you opened this Pandora's Box c'mon onto this thread. Thanks
Old 12th December 2008, 23:01   #126
BHPian

One other reason can be they are waiting to see how the market reacts to a possible GM/ Chrysler Bankruptcy. Should they fail there sales might move to some other manufacturer.

Also Fiat would not want to launch a possible successful product when the market conditions are this bad. No point in the customers thinking that the car sales are low because of bad product.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:33   #127
BANNED

I think It is Outrageous to Link the terror attcak to the launch of a product. i doubt their execution capacity . we should restrain ourselves to pass the bauck and that too on a sad event like the Mumbai tragedy.
Old 13th December 2008, 21:42   #128
BHPian

Somehow I would support Fiat on this delayed launch.
Mahindra took ages to launch the Scorpio, something akin to the Xylo. But they reaped the benefits when the customer satisfaction indexes came out stating the product was good. They built on that good will factor and the Scorpio continues to do well. I dont think today anybody holds a grudge with Mahindra for delaying the Scorpio.
When Tatas showcased the Indica at the Auto Expo, the kind of fervour the car generated was unprecendeted - a car designed, developed and made in India by an Indian Manufacturer. In fact they even got the name spot on. When bookings opened, they received an overwhelming response. But they just couldnt deliver the car on time and later teething problems gave the car a bad name. The V2 was the product that got them back in the game. But somehow the damage was already done. To this day, I am somehow not comfortable buying a Tata product. The problem is not with the product, but its with my perception.
For Fiat, rather than starting from scratch, they have to override a strong negative sentiment in the market. They rather get their products / *** / processes right before they launch the car. The Linea is a top notch product and Fiat would be doing everything to get it right - the first time.
Logically which company would like to hold back on a product that is good to go. But Fiat is not a Maruti or a Hyundai when it comes to whatever it takes to sell and service cars in India.
So Fiat, take your time with the launch but be sure you show an improvement in terms of product and services cause I am not coming back to you if you goof up on this one.
Old 13th December 2008, 23:06   #129
BANNED

The Fiat Linea PRICE LEAK!?

People who wanted to know the price- here it is- (All prizes are ex-showroom Mumbai)

Linea Fire Petrol - Rs 6,86,570/-

Linea Fire Dynamic- Rs 7,20,415/-

Linea Fire Dynamic with ABS- Rs 7,32,500/-

Linea Fire Emotion with standard ABS- Rs 7,59,095/-

Linea Fire Emotion with ABS/dual airbags- Rs 7,90,860/-

Linea Multijet Active- Rs 7,10,000/-

Linea Multijet Dynamic- Rs 7,55,415/-

Linea Muiltijet Dynamic with ABS- Rs 7,72,500/-

Linea Multijet Emotion with standard ABS- Rs 8,46,420/-

Linea Multijet Emotion with ABS and dual airbags- Rs 8,60,500/-

Additional Accessories

(range only)

Blue and ME- Rs 20,000-30,000
Alloy wheels(4)- Rs 8,000

* Prices are indicative, may vary from actual product when released on Jan 1st/2nd 2009.
Old 14th December 2008, 00:36   #130
BHPian

Prices, if correct seem quite attractive for a big car like Linea!
Old 14th December 2008, 00:47   #131
Senior - BHPian

price between base petrol and multijet cannot be 25,000. Should be at least 50k.
Old 14th December 2008, 00:53   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
People who wanted to know the price- here it is- (All prizes are ex-showroom Mumbai)

Linea Fire Petrol - Rs 6,86,570/-

Linea Fire Dynamic- Rs 7,20,415/-

Linea Fire Dynamic with ABS- Rs 7,32,500/-

Linea Fire Emotion with standard ABS- Rs 7,59,095/-

Linea Fire Emotion with ABS/dual airbags- Rs 7,90,860/-

Linea Multijet Active- Rs 7,10,000/-

Linea Multijet Dynamic- Rs 7,55,415/-

Linea Muiltijet Dynamic with ABS- Rs 7,72,500/-

Linea Multijet Emotion with standard ABS- Rs 8,46,420/-

Linea Multijet Emotion with ABS and dual airbags- Rs 8,60,500/-

Additional Accessories

(range only)

Blue and ME- Rs 20,000-30,000
Alloy wheels(4)- Rs 8,000

* Prices are indicative, may vary from actual product when released on Jan 1st/2nd 2009.
Whats the source of this info?
Also 8000 per alloy wheel right?

If this Info is true Fiat has a winner in hand
Old 14th December 2008, 06:51   #133
BHPian

There are many flaws in that price list. Anyway, all information from autocarcr about Linea had always been incorrect in the past (no offence meant buddy).

If you compare the price differences between active/dynamic/emotion variants of petrol and diesel, the difference is not same for petrol and diesel. For example, between petrol dynamic(ABS) and emotion, the difference is 28K, while the same for diesel is 74K. Dual airbags for petrol cost about 32K, while it costs only 14K for diesel.
Old 14th December 2008, 07:58   #134
Senior - BHPian

with all due respects - autocarcr - there has been many instances where you (and a few others) have insider info which turned out to be less than accurate. I would rather wait for a message from Sid or the actual launch data.
Old 14th December 2008, 10:26   #135
BHPian

The prices are not as attractive or shocking as speculated, the high end petrol will be 9 on road and the high end diesel about 9.6.

That's certainly not cheap or a fantastic deal or something by any standards, not that I expect Linea to be cheap or sold cheaply, its just that the speculation on this thread that it will have some extraordinary pricing is out of sync with the prices listed by autocarcr.

Leaving aside the other features ABS and Airbags are important and only the high-end ones deliver that. So Linea Petrol is as expensive as the City, which we all agree is somewhat overpriced, and the Diesel around 80-90k more. Of course the Linea will have more stuff like alloys, climate control etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed