Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 10:34   #136
BHPian

All i can say the Linea is worth the wait ,PERIOD
Old 14th December 2008, 11:57   #137
BHPian

If the high end linea petrol is to be compared with SX4 ZXI it does not stand a chance in pricing. SX4 ZXI ex-showroom price is slightly above Rs. 7 Lakhs.

With the engine capacity of 1.6 to a 1.4 and A.S.S which has been proven beyond doubt and a machine which has been proven on roads since year plus.

Linea fans are in for a rude shock, i have been delying my decision to buy an SX4 because of linea, i might be in for greater shock having waited for 3 months now.

People might talk about "blue and me" and "my car" features on Linea, but do they really matter. Alloy wheels come standard on an SX4. In Linea going by the price mentioned above one has shell out another few thousand rupees.
Old 14th December 2008, 19:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

@ajit... SX4 is a Fiat Sedicci (spelling?) so you cant go wrong with either one of these
Old 14th December 2008, 21:04   #139
BANNED

Well Sid Said It Himself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
There are many flaws in that price list. Anyway, all information from autocarcr about Linea had always been incorrect in the past (no offence meant buddy).

If you compare the price differences between active/dynamic/emotion variants of petrol and diesel, the difference is not same for petrol and diesel. For example, between petrol dynamic(ABS) and emotion, the difference is 28K, while the same for diesel is 74K. Dual airbags for petrol cost about 32K, while it costs only 14K for diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
with all due respects - autocarcr - there has been many instances where you (and a few others) have insider info which turned out to be less than accurate. I would rather wait for a message from Sid or the actual launch data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the prices mentioned by autocarcr may be accurate because of main reason-tata indigo.

if the linea would be cheaper, the indigo sales would be affected.

the gameplan of tata-fiat is to target the ikon, accent, dzire and logan with the indigo CS and he upcoming indigo vista (which is stated to get the SAME powertrains as the linea), and to target the fiesta, sx4, aveo, city and verna with the linea.

i assume that after the indigo vista arrives, the normal indigo and XL will eb discontinued. only the CS will remain.
there's no point having the XL since the vista indigo is supposed to have an identical wheelbase as compared to that of XL (if the indica vista has anything to go by).

the current indigo range is terribly confusing which has

CS GLE, CS GLS, CS GLX (1.2), CS TDI LE, CS TDI LS, CS TDI LX, CS DICOR LS, CS DICOR LX (1.4)

GLS, GLX (1.4 petrol), TDI LS, TDI LX, DICOR LS, DICOR LX (1.4)

XL classic, XL grand (1.4 dohc 100 bhp petrol, 1.4 16v dohc dicor diesel)

so, the new tata-fiat range may only include indigo CS, indigo vista (to be higher priced) and linea.

anyway I am at brussels, so could not give prompt replies. Day before I visited the auto world museum and took more than 230 pics of various vintage cars, which i have started to post elsewhere in the forum.

More pics will be uploaded as the days progress.

some teasers:
Well SkyWalker, SID said it himself, so I don't think I'm so wrong as Opendro suggested am I? The reason for the above GIVEN prices is the fact that Fiat wanted both the diesel and the petrol to sell, as each has its own USP, Fiat didnt want a lag of petrol when it came to their MJD's. You can see this with the Swift, the Tata Indigo as SID mentioned, as well as the Swift Dzire.

Fiat wanted a winner with the whole package and not only the Diesel Multijet. Also, the price differences might be disputable according to you Opendro BUT this is not the usual cars in which you see this trend of variants being priced apart by a big margin, Fiat wants to dole out discounts so that people who initially go for an active, may also be able to stretch their budjet to a Dynamic and that s the reason why they are priced close together. Sounds convincing enough? The source cannot be displayed as SID has earlier done the same.

It is too risky at the moment so don't ask. Although the whole market scenario might vary the prices a bit, it will not change directly. And another thing that the prices indicate is that the on-road final price does stick to the 7-8 lakh for petrol and 7-9 lakh for diesel range mentioned by the ACI and scores of other english auto magazines- so am I not correct this time. I think I am if not 100% then 99%. SO.... I am justified. (to you opendro and skywalkers who found 'flaws' in my post!)
Old 14th December 2008, 22:42   #140
BHPian

Hi autocarcr, please don't take it personally. I do hope that your input turns out accurate and you continue to feed more info in future too. Even if it turns out to be true, it is still pretty confusing pricing.

So, fully loaded diesel with alloy and blue&Me will be 9L ex-showroom, which means, about 10.5L on road Bangalore. Humn!! I was willing to stretch till 11 or 12 for a more powerful engine with dualogic and passive safety features. Looks like without any of those stuff, price is close to that limit.

Since it is going to be delayed till 2009 anyways, I don't have any purpose to hurry up. I would wait a little further and see the engine options of i20 India.

Last edited by opendro : 14th December 2008 at 22:53.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

Boss, I don't care whatever, I'm going to be among the first ones to book and get the Linea.
Fiat makes awesome cars..
Fiat Rocks, Guys !!
Old 15th December 2008, 08:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

@autocarcr - sorry it it offended you. I wont ask you to name your source - nor was that my intention. In fact that would be the stupidest question to ask.

Its just that am not so convinced about a few details, such as the dual airbags add on is just 14K extra for Diesel. Seems too good to be true. I do hope you are 99% correct.

So once again - thanks for the good effort.
Old 15th December 2008, 10:50   #143
BHPian

Its easy to speculate on why there is a delay and go about on a FIAT bashing. Consider this, the car is already ready and in stock. Its pure business sense to start selling them off immediately and clear the inventory. Delaying is actually costing them in inventory, retention etc. I am pretty sure they have a very good reason to delay it.

End of all this, if the product is good, those who want to buy will still buy.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:14   #144
BHPian

Keep Waiting, October To November & December To 14th January 2009

HOLD on to your breath! and let us hope and pray that nobody dares to burst a cracker in Pune or vicinity of the factory, otherwise that would be another excuse to move the launch further to March 2009
Attached Images

Old 16th December 2008, 14:07   #145
BHPian

I guess by now FIAT has become a subject of fun making, sarcasm
I hope Linea will change all that
Old 16th December 2008, 14:24   #146
BHPian

my friend owns a palio 1.6 its a brilliant car but he says each time he takes it for service he finds it really sad there is no fiat solo dealership. in his opinion the change to tata association hasnt helped much.!!

if this is the case for linea then fiat is in trouble. yes for a car that comes to 7lakhs minimum on the road, good service is do expected and yes dedicated engineers for serious issues. i doubt this will be the case!!

lets wait and see. frankly everyones waiting .

Toyota and Hyundai is awesome when it comes to After sales service.
but yes Maruthi is Excellent and no one can change that. thumps up for them.

and hey why is no one talking about the speedo dials in Linea they are real good. awesome is the word!!

it looks too chic and retro at the same time
Old 16th December 2008, 14:31   #147
BHPian

i hope so too.
some people around here have said really bad things about the linea even before having a feel of it leave aside the test drive.people have alredy started comparing it with the verna even before having a test drive of it just based on the engine bhp.
is the engine bhp the only criteria to decide what car is better?
have people forgotten about comfort,ride quality over all dynamics?
come on guys....
enough of speculations and base less arguments.
no car out here is a perfect vehicle.there are bound to be strong areas and weaknesses too.
but please let the car come in showrooms first and then lets argue about everything.

@mods please close this thread for the time being.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:42   #148
BHPian

Saw 5 of these cars driving around in Fatima Nagar, Pune a couple of days back. One of them was a checkered car that are used in road testing. Looks like it is now launched finally. Wish Fiat all the best.
Old 16th December 2008, 17:06   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
People who wanted to know the price- here it is- (All prizes are ex-showroom Mumbai)

Linea Fire Emotion with ABS/dual airbags- Rs 7,90,860/-

assuming that this is the top end petrol model , it is priced almost equally with base model of new Honda City ( which incidently comes with Airbags and ABS ) ... now is the NHC a better deal ?
Old 17th December 2008, 12:33   #150
BHPian

got a call from autoSterling, noida. according to him Linea is getting launched on 25th dec. pricing is approx 8 lacs for petrol model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed