Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:31   #196
Senior - BHPian

Why are you folks calling FIAT Irresponsible & Ludicrous for all your speculations & assumptions?

The CEO of FIAT has officially confirmed the launch dates being postponed with the reason and the same was infact put up on their websites! Now that the old image has been replaced by a new one on the website, Is that a reason for us to moan about?

By my sources, 14th of January looks like the final dates for the launch! PERIOD!
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
as far as ive heard about the revamp is that the sales and A.S.S. depts. are undergoing serious training before the launch and also the technicians working on the future fiat cars are going to be a lot more competent..
But what about the incompetency on both Tata's as well as Fiat's part to service their sole existing car in the market, the Palio? There is not a single decent ASC available for Palio in a metro like Mumbai. As for the parts availablilty, I have been waiting for suspension parts for over a month now and there are no signs of parts being made available even in the distant future.

I am pretty much sure that the Palio will be my last Fiat. That coming from a Fiat fanatic!

Last edited by roms : 22nd December 2008 at 12:23.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:19   #198
BHPian

I'am assuming that the launch date is 14th Jan as confirmed by FIAT's CEO on their website.
Now this date is missing on their website. Hope that this is just a typo!
If FIAT really postpones the launch, their credibility will surely take a dent.
They are really testing the patience of the customers.
They have the right product, only thing is they need to act right.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:24   #199
BANNED

You ain't alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I am pretty much sure that the Palio will be my last Fiat. That coming from a Fiat fanatic!
Don't worry! You ain't alone.
I know many with similar problems and have taken a similar decision.

Cheer up!
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:38   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I know many with similar problems and have taken a similar decision.
Name them please?
You drove a Linea recently, cheer up!
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:46   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Name them please?
I know a few of those. The most famous of the lot was the owner of the 'Tree House' in Cochin who took off on a hilarious account of his Palio ownership woes when he heard that we were 'car enthusiasts' - unfortunately most of it was in malayalam and liberally spiked with the choicest abuses so we cant quote that here. JayD, ASHVIN, Prabhu, Zak and I were the audience at that point and we will never forget that rant! This from a guy who was a perfect stranger to us!

There are too many to be named, Finney. We'll need a whole new members list for that.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:52   #202
Senior - BHPian

Steer, that was one unknown Palio owner, where are the others?

BTW, if Fiat changes the Jan-14 launch date yet again, even I will be changing over sides.
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:06   #203
Senior - BHPian

I find it funny when I read statements from Fiat on how they are focussing on getting their service and spares issues top notch and that that's the biggest problem they have currently. If they know what the problem is why can't they solve it since the last 15 years? When they were launching the Palio in 2002 they said the same thing. Now during the pre-launch phase of the Linea, they are saying the same thing!

The day they tied up with Tata, I knew nothing would change. Ever since the J.D.Power survey's started, Tata and Fiat have fought fiercely to hold onto the 'coveted' last position in after sales service expereince. What made Fiat think that the tie up with Tata would improve the service expereince for their customers? If you want to improve the expereince for your customers, you tie up with companies better then you in that job. Maruti and Hyundai for example. The Tata-Fiat JV is like two lame people trying to run together!

In my personal expereince, the tie up with Tata has worsened Fiat service. I found the expereince much better with Anuroop Fiat at Goregaon.

For all the expectations we have of better Fiat service, we are heading for disappointment. Fiat, globally, aren't good in customer service. When they treat their biggest market like that, what makes us think that they will treat their smallest market any better? They may manage decent sales of Linea but I don't expect any substantial improvement in their service expereince.

I have been to Wasan and there is total chaos in that place. And I speak from what happens there with Tata owners. Over the last few months, I have recieved a couple of calls from Wasan and thats how the convo goes:

Caller: Sir, we are calling to enquire about the performance of your Palio. How is the car doing?

Me: It's doing really good, thank you. There are absolutely no problems with the car.

Caller: Thats good to hear. Sir, from our records, you haven't serviced your car with us since (Month) 20xx. Are you servicing it with another dealership?

Me: No. I get it serviced from an independant garage.

Caller: Oh I see. That's fine sir. Thank you!

(click!)

Last edited by amit : 22nd December 2008 at 13:15.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:10   #204
BHPian

Man.. this looks similar to Airbus delaying their A380. Lets wait and see if they keep up the Jan date or again reach out for the book of excuses. With India threatening Pakistan, there could be loads of new excuses

Guys at Fiat: Please do sell this car before it gets branded as a classic

Last edited by harishsegar : 22nd December 2008 at 14:13.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:43   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Caller: Thats good to hear. Sir, from our records, you haven't serviced your car with us since (Month) 20xx. Are you servicing it with another dealership?

Me: No. I get it serviced from an independant garage.

Caller: Oh I see. That's fine sir. Thank you!

(click!)
True. I am happy with my Palio but I get serviced from an independent garage

-BSR
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:51   #206
BHPian

No kidding, but do you really belive this reason for delaying the launch? Even if this was the real case, they could have opted for a low profile launch instead of the lavish parties and given that funds to the tragedy victims. I'm sure FIAT would have got good media coverage and be named as the "Best Corporate Citizen", or "Corporate for the Community", etc.,

There is something else going on... FIAT just doesnt seem to get their act together - period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Why are you folks calling FIAT Irresponsible & Ludicrous for all your speculations & assumptions?

The CEO of FIAT has officially confirmed the launch dates being postponed with the reason and the same was infact put up on their websites! Now that the old image has been replaced by a new one on the website, Is that a reason for us to moan about?

By my sources, 14th of January looks like the final dates for the launch! PERIOD!
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:29   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
True. I am happy with my Palio but I get serviced from an independent garage

-BSR
Sorry for the OT, but can you tell me which garage. I have been searching one desperately.

Opps!!! sorry. Did not get it at the first read. anyway, where are you servicing the car. Still from Autofin?

Last edited by windsurfer : 22nd December 2008 at 16:31.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:16   #208
rippergeo

I am one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Steer, that was one unknown Palio owner, where are the others?

BTW, if Fiat changes the Jan-14 launch date yet again, even I will be changing over sides.
I am one of them! 1st palio 1.2 owner in cochin. Loved the car to bits. Was blown away by the VFM of 3.2 lakh price tag(then) for such a spacious car, that rode better than sedans available then, and was solidly put together.
Then...a few months down the line, after the euphoria wore off, I started getting bugged by the embarassingly wide turning radius, the poor engine response, relatively poor visibility. The car still drove beautifully on the highways, with a mileage of 11kmpl(while the same highways were being dispatched by my bro's M800 at 21kmpl).
A year down the line, TVS-Fiat service is killing me with their inefficiency, rudeness and sheer stupidity.
Car stays at TVS more than it does with me, because the spares never get to cochin on time(for eg- front left suspension component takes 2 months)
We have had enough by now, sell it to an unsuspecting buyer who pays a wierd price for a "doctor owned" car that is among the 1st few in the 2nd hand market.
No more FIAT for me, thank you.

Old 22nd December 2008, 17:21   #209

Guys, i am sure that everyone here is irritated with the Delay, But believe me, the car is worth the few more dats!! It is a Brilliant car, Brilliant Interiors!! And The HANDLING IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! It Stays SOOO level on tight twisty corners, that you actually want to push it a little more every time you take a corner!!
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:23   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
1) I find it funny when I read statements from Fiat on how they are focussing on getting their service and spares issues top notch and that that's the biggest problem they have currently. If they know what the problem is why can't they solve it since the last 15 years? When they were launching the Palio in 2002 they said the same thing. Now during the pre-launch phase of the Linea, they are saying the same thing!

2) The day they tied up with Tata, I knew nothing would change. Ever since the J.D.Power survey's started, Tata and Fiat have fought fiercely to hold onto the 'coveted' last position in after sales service expereince.

I could not help but laugh like mad at these words.
What made Fiat think that the tie up with Tata would improve the service expereince for their customers? If you want to improve the expereince for your customers, you tie up with companies better then you in that job. Maruti and Hyundai for example. The Tata-Fiat JV is like two lame people trying to run together!

3) In my personal expereince, the tie up with Tata has worsened Fiat service. For all the expectations we have of better Fiat service, we are heading for disappointment.
1) Everytime they come out with something new, the good words start flowing. Their words were same when they came up with Uno 1.7D ( if I am not wrong ), same words when they came up with Uno 1.2 petrol. Same words when they came up with palio. And now a repeat failure story.

2 and 3) Fiat owners are getting very bad treatment that is what I came to know. Nothing is going to improve. They still will be where they are. Tata-Fiat JV and handling the servicing to Tata is one more nail in the coffin I think.

And now it Linea was to come in December. There were many who claimed that Fiat has something good in store so they are coming in December, and not its Jan 14. I am sure M & M will take the attention with Xylo on Jan 13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks